Jump to content

Alpha 25 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alpha 25 Pre-release/Release Candidate Testing Thread. This thread will become active as soon as Pre-release/Release builds of Alpha 25 are available. Check back for updates. First tes

Hello everyone, We're happy to release the first testing bundle of 0 A.D. Alpha 25 (name to come). Keep in mind, this is not a 'Release Candidate' yet, and so some bugs are to be expected. We

Here is the testing bundle of A25. Keep in mind, this is not a 'Release Candidate' yet, and so some bugs are to be expected. We provide this in the hope of finding and squashing them efficiently. 

Posted Images

Any idea why the new Attack.js would be causing this error?
 

<p class="error">ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/Attack.js line 380
SetGlobal "AttackHelper" called multiple times
  @simulation/components/Attack.js:380:8
  launchGame@gui/gamesettings/GameSettings.js:128:11
  launchGame@gui/gamesetup/Controllers/GameSettingsController.js:273:18
  onPress@gui/gamesetup/Pages/GameSetupPage/Panels/Buttons/StartGameButton.js:60:52</p>

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Any idea why the new Attack.js would be causing this error?

Can you post L380 (or the entire function)? If you already had a file named AttackingHelper in your mod in A24 it will be a conflict for A25. Because helpers/Attacking.js has been renamed to helpers/AttackHelper.js in A25. Devs made a handy PortA24toA25 wiki in case you aren't aware yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Grapjas said:

Can you post L380 (or the entire function)? If you already had a file named AttackingHelper in your mod in A24 it will be a conflict for A25. Because helpers/Attacking.js has been renamed to helpers/AttackHelper.js in A25. Devs made a handy PortA24toA25 wiki in case you aren't aware yet. 

Actually the file was renamed to helpers/Attack.js (consistent with the rest and less redundancy in the file path), but the simulation name has become AttackHelper (again consistent). The porting guide is indeed our effort of making modders a bit less angry.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played 2.5 games with @ValihrAnt and I just want to say that this is going to be a really nice alpha.

 

Amongst other things, I was really impressed by the art team's work and the the programing's team's improvements to pathfinder/pushing. Good job, all. 

 

One bug to note, if units' rally point is assigned to a res that isn't available then the units go to the closest available of the same type of res from where they currently are. 

Edited by chrstgtr
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, andreassadi said:

OOS (Out of Sync Error) potentially with differing versions of A25. Afterwards, the game is unplayable and all movement freezes. This post was requested by @ValihrAnt.

More specifically, we had an initail oos due to someone with a different revision joining but the weird thing was that after he left and we resumed the game we immediately had another oos with no player listed and the game freezing immediately after, which meant that we had to start a new match. Don't have the oos dump anymore as we had another oos in the next game and I didn't think to back it up, so I don't know how much can be done about it or if it is any important to fix as it seems quite rare, specific and hard to replicate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ValihrAnt said:

More specifically, we had an initail oos due to someone with a different revision joining but the weird thing was that after he left and we resumed the game we immediately had another oos with no player listed and the game freezing immediately after, which meant that we had to start a new match. Don't have the oos dump anymore as we had another oos in the next game and I didn't think to back it up, so I don't know how much can be done about it or if it is any important to fix as it seems quite rare, specific and hard to replicate.

Mh, the OOS code is now per-player, so when the OOS player left it should have reset. Maybe there is an issue there.

Edit: just did some testing and didn't run into any issue. Not sure what happened to you there :/ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chrstgtr said:

@ValihrAnt ...

One bug to note, if units' rally point is assigned to a res that isn't available then the units go to the closest available of the same type of res from where they currently are. 

You mean by resource not available that it has been depleted meanwhile? Why is it a bug if they try finding the same resource then? Would you and others prefer that any other resource is then selected? Any one? The one that is closest? Which side effects could that have?

BTW, is it possible to be alerted if units without orders are standing idle? Could units get secondary orders to follow up if the primary order has been fulfilled or is not possible at the moment? (maybe too complicated - oh, and OT)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ceres said:

You mean by resource not available that it has been depleted meanwhile? Why is it a bug if they try finding the same resource then? Would you and others prefer that any other resource is then selected? Any one? The one that is closest? Which side effects could that have?

 

It is a problem because instead of having units walk to the forest where I have a storehouse units will spawn from the CC and walk to the tree that is closest to the CC, which may or may not be close at to other units, storehouses, etc. Instead they should walk to where I ordered them and then find a replacement tree. It appears this has already been fixed, though.

https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP25776

 

6 hours ago, Ceres said:

BTW, is it possible to be alerted if units without orders are standing idle? Could units get secondary orders to follow up if the primary order has been fulfilled or is not possible at the moment? (maybe too complicated - oh, and OT)

This is already implemented. It shows shows idle units in the bottom left. You just have to pay attention and/or constantly press the period button to select idle units. You can use shift to give secondary orders too. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

It is a problem because instead of having units walk to the forest where I have a storehouse units will spawn from the CC and walk to the tree that is closest to the CC, which may or may not be close at to other units, storehouses, etc. Instead they should walk to where I ordered them and then find a replacement tree. It appears this has already been fixed, though.

Need to confirm this has been fixed for rally points. It's been fixed for manual orders for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wraitii said:

Need to confirm this has been fixed for rally points. It's been fixed for manual orders for sure.

Hmmm. I discovered the problem from using rally points. But now that I think of it, could we get around this problem by having units rally to a spot close to the forest and then shift clicking them resource collect the forest? Not ideal. But It would be helpful to avoid orphaning large units of spawning units. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the 3rd (and it's looking likely, final before proper RCs) testing bundle of A25.
Keep in mind, this is not a 'Release Candidate' yet, and so some bugs are to be expected.
We provide this in the hope of finding and squashing them efficiently. If you choose to test, please keep that in mind.

Downloads - Current bundles are for SVN revision 25782

Things to note:

  • Translations are not complete & may be buggy -> Play in English for now.
  • Mind your mods -> they might introduce issues or Out Of Sync.
  • Save your A24 config file somewhere, ideally.

Notable changes since the last bundle:

  • Yet more map tweaks (though more minor this time around)
  • New loading tips
  • Better metal generation for the 'best for MP' maps, both for 1v1 and 4v4 (where the problem of too little metal should mostly be fixed)
  • Fix for the issue where units would look near their position, not near the order position when the target resource is full
  • Improvement to autoqueue UI -> more obvious what you're doing.

Currently known issues:

  • We have reports of issues with the replay filter, but haven't been able to confirm
  • Big screenshots are broken in the game.
  • There are a few others that shouldn't affect play much, see the Milestone for details.

What to do if I have an error or notice something weird?

Post your commands.txt (replay) and the interestinglog.html file from your folder. You can also reply to this thread.

What to do if the game crashes

Update your crashlog.dmp and crashlog.txt  see https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

What to do if I have an Out Of Sync?

You should go in your logs folder, find the replay (commands.txt at least), the mainlog/interestinglog and find the OOS dump folder. Zip all these files and upload them here. Ideally, you should coordinate with the OOS players so that they upload their own OOS dump, so we can compare them.

Things you may want to test (non-exhaustive)

  1. Launch a random game
  2. Launch a skirmish.
  3. Connect to the lobby
  4. Play on the lobby with someone
  5. Launch Atlas and try things out there
  6. Open Unit tests demo (To see if there any breakage in displaying entity's) (It's in scenarios)
  7. Enable feedback and see if it works (Main menu) https://videos.pair2jeux.tube/videos/watch/ca45fa29-c120-487e-af9c-cf52020666ab
  8. Connect to and use mod.io
  9. Test replaying new games
  10. Test Screenshots (F2)
  11. Test Big Screenshots (Maj+F2)
  12. Test hotkeys
  13. Test Saving and loading a game.
  14. Test Quickload/Quicksave

And of course playing games.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wraitii said:

Here is the 3rd (and it's looking likely, final before proper RCs) testing bundle of A25.
Keep in mind, this is not a 'Release Candidate' yet, and so some bugs are to be expected.
We provide this in the hope of finding and squashing them efficiently. If you choose to test, please keep that in mind.

Downloads - Current bundles are for SVN revision 25782

Things to note:

  • Translations are not complete & may be buggy -> Play in English for now.
  • Mind your mods -> they might introduce issues or Out Of Sync.
  • Save your A24 config file somewhere, ideally.

Notable changes since the last bundle:

  • Yet more map tweaks (though more minor this time around)
  • New loading tips
  • Better metal generation for the 'best for MP' maps, both for 1v1 and 4v4 (where the problem of too little metal should mostly be fixed)
  • Fix for the issue where units would look near their position, not near the order position when the target resource is full
  • Improvement to autoqueue UI -> more obvious what you're doing.

Currently known issues:

  • We have reports of issues with the replay filter, but haven't been able to confirm
  • Big screenshots are broken in the game.
  • There are a few others that shouldn't affect play much, see the Milestone for details.

What to do if I have an error or notice something weird?

Post your commands.txt (replay) and the interestinglog.html file from your folder. You can also reply to this thread.

What to do if the game crashes

Update your crashlog.dmp and crashlog.txt  see https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

What to do if I have an Out Of Sync?

You should go in your logs folder, find the replay (commands.txt at least), the mainlog/interestinglog and find the OOS dump folder. Zip all these files and upload them here. Ideally, you should coordinate with the OOS players so that they upload their own OOS dump, so we can compare them.

Things you may want to test (non-exhaustive)

  1. Launch a random game
  2. Launch a skirmish.
  3. Connect to the lobby
  4. Play on the lobby with someone
  5. Launch Atlas and try things out there
  6. Open Unit tests demo (To see if there any breakage in displaying entity's) (It's in scenarios)
  7. Enable feedback and see if it works (Main menu) https://videos.pair2jeux.tube/videos/watch/ca45fa29-c120-487e-af9c-cf52020666ab
  8. Connect to and use mod.io
  9. Test replaying new games
  10. Test Screenshots (F2)
  11. Test Big Screenshots (Maj+F2)
  12. Test hotkeys
  13. Test Saving and loading a game.
  14. Test Quickload/Quicksave

And of course playing games.

How do you play on linux?? Do I have to do some command???

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lopess said:

How do you play on linux?? Do I have to do some command???

cd 0ad

~/0ad$

binaires/system/pyrogenesis

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Testing

 

4 hours ago, wraitii said:

We have reports of issues with the replay filter, but haven't been able to confirm

rev. 25782 - get OOS first turn replaying replays.  (only caused by diff revisions assume)

setting origin/destination markets seems bugged, made 5 traders, set them in motion, moments later, only 3 would continue route, other 2 would have to reset upon each idle. through the course of the match, it did not correct.

Edited by Palaiologos
clarification
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Palaiologos said:

cd 0ad

~/0ad$

binaires/system/pyrogenesis

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Testing

 

rev. 25782 - get OOS first turn replaying replays. 

setting origin/destination markets seems bugged, made 5 traders, set them in motion, moments later, only 3 would continue route, other 2 would have to reset upon each idle. through the course of the match, it did not correct.

It didn't work for me, I tried to do it yesterday and I can't run it at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Nice. This is good to hear.

Are the release candidates easier for people who are not so good at computer stuff to test? I might try one out if that is the case.

Yes, it is like a normal game download. It just takes awhile. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...