Player of 0AD Posted April 25, 2021 Share Posted April 25, 2021 - The working animations could be adapted so that each collected resource correspondence with 1 animation cycle. Exception: Collecting meat from animals, there it could be 1 animation cycle for 5 resources. - the order that a unit should die could be queuable, for example: "build that building, then die" - attacking fields and walls should have much lower priority in the automatical behaviour. Defending storehouses and other buildings in enemy territory as well. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yekaterina Posted April 25, 2021 Share Posted April 25, 2021 We can switch food to a flow-based economy: instead of 1 unit costing 50 food, we can change it to 1 unit costing 0.5 food per second, with an initial investment of 2 food maybe? This would be more realistic and prevents players from deleting farmers in late game. However, metal, stone and wood should not be flow-based because they are used to construct buildings and equipment; you do not need to repair these often so their flow consumption should be negligible. 43 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said: the order that a unit should die could be queuable, for example: "build that building, then die" That is convenient for Macedon, but too cruel 2 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pumpy Posted April 25, 2021 Share Posted April 25, 2021 Hi, I have a suggestion for player statistics to have 2 totals, 1 for ranked games played, 1 for non ranked/multiplayer There seems to be a phenomina where some players play multiplayer only until they get to expert level, and then go seal clubbing 1v1 on new players to raise their rank quickly without risk, if this suggestion were implimented it would give new players an indication the no rank or ~1200-1300 rank may not be accurate for the player with a low game total shown but 200+ multiplayer games under their belt, and make it easier to find a fair match for us noobs. Thanks for all the behind the scenes work on this game everyone, it's epic! 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OmriLahav Posted April 27, 2021 Share Posted April 27, 2021 Hey everybody, happy to report a LOT of new 0 A.D. music coming! I'm working on a bunch of tracks, and @Samulis contributed a lot of excellent ones as well! I've noted the request for more battle music, will see what I can come up with! Though to the best of my knowledge there are two combat tracks from Jeff Willet, Elusive Predator and First Sighting - is there only one on the game playlist? Might be worth checking. Thanks, Omri 8 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wowgetoffyourcellphone Posted April 27, 2021 Share Posted April 27, 2021 1 hour ago, OmriLahav said: Though to the best of my knowledge there are two combat tracks from Jeff Willet, Elusive Predator and First Sighting - is there only one on the game playlist? Might be worth checking. I just think that since they are similar taiko drum tracks some people confuse the 2. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dizaka Posted May 13, 2021 Share Posted May 13, 2021 On 25/04/2021 at 1:05 PM, Pumpy said: seal clubbing Wow, I love the way this was described. Hereinafter I'm reserving the name "seal clubber" for some 1400-1800 players. Can we have a "title" system where, with rank, come titles. Titles could be "Seal Clubber", "Amateur", "Normal", "Above Average" based on the rank of players you've won your games against? 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yekaterina Posted May 13, 2021 Share Posted May 13, 2021 55 minutes ago, Dizaka said: Can we have a "title" system where, with rank, come titles. Titles could be "Seal Clubber", "Amateur", "Normal", "Above Average" based on the rank of players you've won your games against? We can also determine it based on number of games won, ratio of games won, etc. Winning games and high KD ratio increase the xp of a player and titles are given based on do. This separates pros from nubs so that nubs don't get abused and pros can enjoy exhilarating matches. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gurken Khan Posted May 13, 2021 Share Posted May 13, 2021 On 19/04/2021 at 11:36 PM, Radiotraining said: spicen up the diplomatic game I think diplomacy is usually neglected Over the last alphas, I think there was increasingly less offers by AI-enemies to become neutral or even allied; not that I'd much inclined to accept it. Spoiler And I just hate it when my ally accepts something like that and gives resources to someone I'm fighting... I'd still like some ~matrix to be available in-game to see what the relations are (it gets announced anyway, but I don't necessarily remember it). 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted May 14, 2021 Share Posted May 14, 2021 On 25/04/2021 at 5:06 AM, Dakara said: Give unit to ally sould be good ! requires a bit advanced programming a couple of things. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ceres Posted May 26, 2021 Share Posted May 26, 2021 Hello! I'm not sure if this belongs here, but would you find addition of climate catastrophes (flooding, storm, earth quake, volcanic eruption) interesting and feasible to add? 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroder Posted May 26, 2021 Share Posted May 26, 2021 22 minutes ago, Ceres said: addition of climate catastrophes (flooding There is already a map that uses flooding. you can find it in the random map category under the filter "Trigger maps" and it is called "Extinct Volcano" 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
azayrahmad Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 I'm wondering if it is desirable for Siege Towers to do what they historically did: capturing walls? I think it makes more sense than to have it as arrow-shower vehicles like they are now. Due to infantry cannot capture walls, I think it would be interesting to have gates be captured by siege towers and letting infantry to enter the gates as an alternative of ramming the gates. Speaking of gates, I think it is weird that siege towers can pass through the gates, considering its height. Perhaps we can limit passable units based on footprint height as well? 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Player of 0AD Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 26 minutes ago, azayrahmad said: I'm wondering if it is desirable for Siege Towers to do what they historically did: capturing walls? I think it makes more sense than to have it as arrow-shower vehicles like they are now. Due to infantry cannot capture walls, I think it would be interesting to have gates be captured by siege towers and letting infantry to enter the gates as an alternative of ramming the gates. Speaking of gates, I think it is weird that siege towers can pass through the gates, considering its height. Perhaps we can limit passable units based on footprint height as well? Recently I watched a historical video which says that the pop-culture siege towers (which are used to capture walls) are rather wrong. In reality, the siege towers where used to shoot at the defenders (and to destroy gates / walls / buildings) So they should be fine. 2 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wowgetoffyourcellphone Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 2 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said: So they should be fine. DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 I'm not sure we can restrict the Z axis. I think we use A 2D pathfinder 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
azayrahmad Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 12 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said: Recently I watched a historical video which says that the pop-culture siege towers (which are used to capture walls) are rather wrong. In reality, the siege towers where used to shoot at the defenders (and to destroy gates / walls / buildings) So they should be fine. Wait really? So they are not used to pour soldiers into the walls? I was about to think of a way to unload garrisoned soldiers into wall turrets. I wonder what the top part of the tower is intended for. I imagined that it is supposed to unfold a plank in front of the wall, letting soldiers to run onto the wall. Probably it is actually just to let archers shoot over the wall easily? 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Player of 0AD Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 I just read on Wikipedia: The unfolded planks were a novelty in the middle ages 2 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wowgetoffyourcellphone Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 Siege Towers combatted units on walls so that ladders could be brought up. We need ladder teams. 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PyrrhicVictoryGuy Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 but nobody uses stone walls 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
soloooy0 Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 ok it's been a while since I played, but all ibero games have stone walls at the beginning and in jebel barkal a real use of siege towers would be useful, and in some long games or mordor in danubius there are real labyrinths of towers and houses :V Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PyrrhicVictoryGuy Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 yeah but nobody plays iberians now 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
soloooy0 Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 , I always go to ibericos, what happens is that in A24 the archers are op, in the A25 that will be more balanced they will be used more and for the bonus that gives to the javeliners. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PyrrhicVictoryGuy Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 your kind is a rarity in the lobbies these days but to be honest i also do not wish to see skirmishers be the new meta CS Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
soloooy0 Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 now the archer civs are the most chosen, and the Carthaginians are quite profitable against any civ now, between arrows and catapults, they can advance little by little, but they will destroy anyone. in A23 for example you could put an Iberian or 2 per team because of the bonus to the javeliners and in frontier you could even advance to defense towers if you reach phase 2, without suffering a constant rush. with the A25 having more balance with the archers, you will return to make teams with civs, taking advantage of the bonus of the civs instead of looking for tactics of only troops op archers. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PyrrhicVictoryGuy Posted May 27, 2021 Share Posted May 27, 2021 1 hour ago, soloooy0 said: now the archer civs are the most chosen, and the Carthaginians are quite profitable against any civ now, between arrows and catapults, they can advance little by little, but they will destroy anyone. in A23 for example you could put an Iberian or 2 per team because of the bonus to the javeliners and in frontier you could even advance to defense towers if you reach phase 2, without suffering a constant rush. with the A25 having more balance with the archers, you will return to make teams with civs, taking advantage of the bonus of the civs instead of looking for tactics of only troops op archers. Thats boring . get maharbal and go nuts with merc cav 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now