2 hours ago, Nobbi said:

On Wildlake biome Nubia and Eurasia Steppe is not working and for Agaen-Anatolien some errors appear about the iberean champ missing.

Nubia (I think the same for Eurasian Steppe):

ERROR: JavaScript error: maps/random/wild_lake.js line 286 farmEntities[currentBiome()] is undefined @maps/random/wild_lake.js:286:95

ERROR: CMapGeneratorWorker::Run: Failed to load RMS 'maps/random/wild_lake.js'

Agaen-Anatolien:

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "simulation/templates/units/iber/champion_infantry.xml"

ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'units/iber/champion_infantry'

Fixed in https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP25773 thanks.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe it would help if the berries looked more like the harvest. Sketch:  

Made them bigger and added a decal.  

I wouldn't mind if you just put a single blueberry there to represent a patch of berries.  A model of blueberry   I will make one in Gimp so you know what I mean   I real

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, ValihrAnt said:

Played a game on 25760 and my sword cavalry had issues hitting cavalry archers that were retreating. They'd get in range, start attacking and then stop as the enemy had ran outside of their attack range(?).

You mean the melee Cav thta's attacking the retreating camels? It seems to me they're actually hitting, it's only the animation that's cut short.

• Like 1
Just now, wraitii said:
32 minutes ago, ValihrAnt said:

Played a game on 25760 and my sword cavalry had issues hitting cavalry archers that were retreating. They'd get in range, start attacking and then stop as the enemy had ran outside of their attack range(?).

You mean the melee Cav thta's attacking the retreating camels? It seems to me they're actually hitting, it's only the animation that's cut short.

Yep. I didn't go to replays to check if they actually hit as we were right about to start the next game but the lack of sound and the cut short anim put me off there. Would be nice if just atleast the sound played as then you'd have confirmation that something did happen with the attack despite the animation being cut in half.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ValihrAnt said:

Yep. I didn't go to replays to check if they actually hit as we were right about to start the next game but the lack of sound and the cut short anim put me off there. Would be nice if just atleast the sound played as then you'd have confirmation that something did happen with the attack despite the animation being cut in half.

Indeed. Tricky issue, I think it's not new in SP but probably in MP. Made & ticket & a diff: D4154

21 hours ago, Stan` said:

Thank you. Steppe Agean-Anatolien is working now but the two other biomes are not working at all with Rev25778:

Generating Wild Lake of size 320 and 8 players.

Setting biome generic/nubia.

ERROR: JavaScript error: maps/random/wild_lake.js line 286 farmEntities[currentBiome()] is undefined @maps/random/wild_lake.js:286:95

and

Generating Wild Lake of size 320 and 8 players.

Setting biome generic/steppe.

Edited by Nobbi
On 04/06/2021 at 6:26 PM, Yekaterina said:

That big blob was just 1 tree

Screenshot_20210604_201557.thumb.png.7e96c82c9740dddcc13f93998d2a4b90.png

I'd like to keep the giant canopy Acacia, because it's so cool and Acacias can get that large. But I have 2 possible solutions to the gameplay problem you mention.

1. Reduce the frequency of this variation in the actor, perhaps by 5 (the "giant" acacia variant will show up 5 times less than it does now).

2. Make the giant acacia variant into its own template, so that it can be used sparingly as a decorative option (but gatherable, perhaps with a little more wood). 

3 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I'd like to keep the giant canopy Acacia, because it's so cool and Acacias can get that large. But I have 2 possible solutions to the gameplay problem you mention.

1. Reduce the frequency of this variation in the actor, perhaps by 5 (the "giant" acacia variant will show up 5 times less than it does now).

2. Make the giant acacia variant into its own template, so that it can be used sparingly as a decorative option (but gatherable, perhaps with a little more wood). 

Another solution: make the entire giant canopy into its selection box, so that units cannot go under the canopy and you cannot build under it. You chop wood by standing next to the canopy instead of going under it. 

On 19/05/2021 at 6:45 PM, Gurken Khan said:

IV. Stopping to advance after attack order. What prompted my rant feedback. It changed from a23 and I really hate it. When I gave a group of units an order to attack a unit, they used to go to a point where they could attack and then take it from there. Now, if that target is killed or temporarily out of sight, they stop dead in their tracks or do some stupid stuff, like capturing a house or something I'm really not interested in. So if that behavior could be changed back to how it was in a23 I think that would be just great!

I noticed the stop in place if the targeted unit is killed no longer occurs in a25. But a similar stop occurs when a building's foundations are destroyed or if the targeted unit garrisions. 

Is this on purpose? It seems like the three should all be the same. To me, it also doesn't make sense why units would stop walking to an area where a building was planning if its foundations were destroyed beyond the commanded unit's LOS. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

But a similar stop occurs when a building's foundations are destroyed or if the targeted unit garrisions. 

Is this on purpose? It seems like the three should all be the same.

I agree, and I'm very much in favor of how it was in a23. "If I can't stop that specific unit from garrisoning I'm not stopping any other units either, instead I will stay back here and maybe shoot at a field or try to capture a house." §$%&! darned NO! Advance you stupid idiot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1