Alpha 25 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

4 hours ago, Stan` said:

Well camera doesn't affect simulation, so it shouldn't be linked (e.g the AI doesn't care much about the camera :D

When my CC is in a different position, I have a different resource distribution, build in different locations and have different neighbors that is only a matter of the camera?

Edited by Gurken Khan

29 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

When my CC is in a different position, I have a different resource distribution, build in different locations and have different neighbors that is only a matter of the camera?

Then it's worse yeah, but the camera thing could have happened with no impact. Feldfeld found a bug it seems https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/6261

Does it happen with that map only?

So now I have three problems:

• The running variant thing introduced in A25,
  • Attack move being broken,
  • And this...

And I have no idea what's causing either...

6 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Does it happen with that map only?

I only noticed it with that game on Ngorongoro so far, where the shuffling of positions happens quite consistently when starting the replay. The next game/map that wasn't the case. I will look out for that effect in my next games.

None of the potential causes I can think of sounds particularly hard to fix. Then again, I have no clue as to which of them actually caused the bug, or if it is even one of them. No interest in finding out either.

A laughing reaction might fit the most since the message of doom and gloom isn't as serious when you start debugging.

However, at this point when this seems to be the norm and smooth releases doesn't seem to exist anymore, it might be worth it to consider the reasons why this is the case. Removing a singular oddly specific map script might sound like an attractive option, but people making that choice is the reason for this mess right now. Release with the bug, or fix it. Just don't bury it.

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/UnitAI.js line 258 cmpControllerAI is null Order.FormationWalk@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:258:8 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.FinishOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3824:26 enter@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:2196:15 FSM.prototype.SwitchToNextState@globalscripts/FSM.js:366:14 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:274:8 UnitAI.prototype.ProcessMessage@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4277:15 Attack.prototype.StopAttacking@simulation/components/Attack.js:526:14 Resistance.prototype.OnOwnershipChanged@simulation/components/Resistance.js:181:62

ERROR: Script message handler OnOwnershipChanged failed

ERROR: Error in timer on entity 5333, IID103, function TimerHandler: TypeError: cmpControllerAI is null Order.FormationWalk@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:258:8 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.FinishOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3824:26 Timer@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3282:10 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.TimerHandler@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4159:15 Timer.prototype.OnUpdate@simulation/components/Timer.js:139:44

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/UnitAI.js line 258 cmpControllerAI is null Order.FormationWalk@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:258:8 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.FinishOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3824:26 Order.Attack@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:427:16 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.PushOrderFront@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3899:16 UnitAI.prototype.AttackVisibleEntity@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4957:7 UnitAI.prototype.RespondToTargetedEntities@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4994:15 UnitAI.prototype.AttackEntitiesByPreference@simulation/components/UnitAI_DE.js:89:14 LosAttackRangeUpdate@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3278:11 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.OnRangeUpdate@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4262:16

ERROR: Script message handler OnRangeUpdate failed

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/UnitAI.js line 258 cmpControllerAI is null Order.FormationWalk@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:258:8 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.FinishOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3824:26 Order.Attack@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:427:16 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.PushOrderFront@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3899:16 UnitAI.prototype.AttackVisibleEntity@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4957:7 UnitAI.prototype.RespondToTargetedEntities@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4994:15 UnitAI.prototype.AttackEntitiesByPreference@simulation/components/UnitAI_DE.js:89:14 LosAttackRangeUpdate@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3278:11 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.OnRangeUpdate@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4262:16

ERROR: Error in timer on entity 5345, IID7, function Attack: TypeError: cmpControllerAI is null Order.FormationWalk@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:258:8 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.FinishOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3824:26 Order.Cheer@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:620:15 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.PushOrderFront@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3899:16 UnitAI.prototype.Cheer@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:5810:7 UnitAI.prototype.CallPlayerOwnedEntitiesFunctionInRange@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:6433:23 enter@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:2216:12 FSM.prototype.SwitchToNextState@globalscripts/FSM.js:366:14 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:274:8 UnitAI.prototype.ProcessMessage@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4277:15 Attack.prototype.StopAttacking@simulation/components/Attack.js:526:14 Attack.prototype.Attack@simulation/components/Attack.js:559:8 Timer.prototype.OnUpdate@simulation/components/Timer.js:139:44

On 29/7/2021 at 9:00 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Another actor bug: Actors change seed when running (and possibly in other states).

To test this, go to Atlas, choose an Elite Athenian Sword Cav (or any other unit, really). Go to Actor Viewer. Set him to WALK, then set him to RUN. You will see his actor variations change. This also happens in-game, it's just easy to see in Actor Viewer for demonstration purposes. Whether this is a "release blocker" or not is up to you guys. :) 

Fixed by https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4205

• Thanks 2

On 10/07/2021 at 11:24 AM, azayrahmad said:

I still get crash upon opening Atlas with Unhandled unknown exception error. Like this:

gambar.png.d373e2a6424268a1ca3322897b7fd36e.png

I have attached the crashlog.txt below. Entire logs folder has also been attached, although not sure if it helps since mainlog and interestinglog don't show anything suspicious. This still happens even after I deleted cache folders. Is it just me?

crashlog.txt 18 kB · 3 downloads logs.zip 16 kB · 3 downloads

I still get this even after installing RC 4, so I guess it's not build issue. A24 has no issue like this.

On 31/07/2021 at 8:14 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/UnitAI.js line 258 cmpControllerAI is null Order.FormationWalk@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:258:8 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.FinishOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3824:26 enter@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:2196:15 FSM.prototype.SwitchToNextState@globalscripts/FSM.js:366:14 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:274:8 UnitAI.prototype.ProcessMessage@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4277:15 Attack.prototype.StopAttacking@simulation/components/Attack.js:526:14 Resistance.prototype.OnOwnershipChanged@simulation/components/Resistance.js:181:62

ERROR: Script message handler OnOwnershipChanged failed

ERROR: Error in timer on entity 5333, IID103, function TimerHandler: TypeError: cmpControllerAI is null Order.FormationWalk@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:258:8 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.FinishOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3824:26 Timer@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3282:10 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.TimerHandler@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4159:15 Timer.prototype.OnUpdate@simulation/components/Timer.js:139:44

ERROR: Error in timer on entity 5345, IID7, function Attack: TypeError: cmpControllerAI is null Order.FormationWalk@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:258:8 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.FinishOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3824:26 Order.Cheer@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:620:15 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:265:17 UnitAI.prototype.PushOrderFront@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3899:16 UnitAI.prototype.Cheer@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:5810:7 UnitAI.prototype.CallPlayerOwnedEntitiesFunctionInRange@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:6433:23 enter@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:2216:12 FSM.prototype.SwitchToNextState@globalscripts/FSM.js:366:14 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@globalscripts/FSM.js:274:8 UnitAI.prototype.ProcessMessage@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4277:15 Attack.prototype.StopAttacking@simulation/components/Attack.js:526:14 Attack.prototype.Attack@simulation/components/Attack.js:559:8 Timer.prototype.OnUpdate@simulation/components/Timer.js:139:44

Fixed by https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP25845

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seeh said:

unit test results in revision 25845:

errors:

I have it reproduced. At start message

WARNING: PlayerID 2 |   Petra error: it does not know how to interpret this map

Perhaps "Unit Pushing test" scenario is not meant to be played with AI?

10 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

It's bad that you dont see the messages of your bartering anymore. There should be at least an option of it.

Btw it could be interesting to see what teammates are bartering. At least if cartography is researched

Is that new?

1 hour ago, Player of 0AD said:

Seeing no more bartering messages of your own: Thats new

Dont seeing what teammates are bartering: That was like that in a23 and 24 too

I've tried to barter in A24 & A25 and I don't see any messages, only when observer; Tribute messages still show. Maybe an autociv feature?