Jump to content

Stan`

0 A.D. Project Leader
  • Posts

    18.649
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    611

Everything posted by Stan`

  1. No but you have to make a pull request on Gitea.
  2. Agreed, really like it and will make a nice addition to the game.
  3. Thanks I fixed both issues you reported. Do not hesitate if you find more. @Itms Should I remove the mention of Github and Gitlab in wiki:BuildInstructionsGettingTheCode
  4. I don't think it's possible but maybe as they say here with github actions https://forum.gitea.com/t/automatically-update-forks/7046
  5. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7244321/how-do-i-update-or-sync-a-forked-repository-on-github#7244456
  6. Just moving to 0.27 instead of 0.0.27 would already be bold We could also do 0.1.0
  7. I've said this before, but I believe what we call alpha has changed meaning, and would now be called beta. Gamma being the released product. There are currently a few things marked as necessary for beta on Trac it's missing IMHO, better moderation tools and single player campaigns.
  8. IIRC Silier started something see They are gone now so you can take over if you feel like it or start from scratch.
  9. Hey @real_tabasco_sauce i don't think it's ready yet We'll make an announcement when its ready
  10. Point being that a few stuff is there already, and it can be expanded.
  11. I also think for the best campaigns we need support for all kinds objectives ie gat 800 wood etc as well as dialog and cinematic support in a very easy package. (Also basic scripting) Have you played the tutorial? Cinematic support is there (not simple but all trailers are made with it) dialogue text I'm not sure. Most of them don't care about that. Some despise social media and FAANG + Microsoft most of them are doing that for the tech part Sure podcasts are fun.
  12. I did I'll write them if people will do the technical stuff and map design. I have an outline for a tutorial somewhere... I can help with at least one third of one of the three things we need to get done. There is @SciGuy42 's campaign. But it probably needs some map improvements, fact checking etc. also I haven't checked the code but probably needs the If you know people we can. I recently made an interview with the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) The scripting part requires filesystem and some programming knowledge (javascript) Yeah we did break it at least 7 times and updating the maps requires some scripting knowledge (it can be automated and it is for the most part, but that's complicated for the average user) It can be since every map needs to be validated by wfg. (at each update) Settlers 5 is one of my childhood games. It's also how I got into modding
  13. Nope it will be https://gitea.wildfiregames.com That mirror will be discontinued.
  14. Well it depends what you mean. If you expect all the developpers to use it, it will never be official. See this thread. Else it's the biggest discord, save for the Hyrule one. And it's linked on our website.
  15. There is one Discord listed at https://linktr.ee/wildfire_games For steam ideally we'd support campaigns, better moderation tools, dedicated servers as I pointed out less lag. Ideally we'd support CJK Arabic Bengali and other languages out of the box
  16. @Vantha well the biggest problem has always been sourcing posts. I don't mind posting stuff from time to time but the biggest stuff happening right now is not really user facing. All the social media managers we had struggled with getting information. There is also the fact we can't have a clear roadmap when everything depends on stars being aligned and devs being present. If someone appears spends three months making an encyclopedia that becomes the flagship feature you cannot really plan for it
×
×
  • Create New...