Jump to content

Stan`

0 A.D. Project Leader
  • Posts

    18.643
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    611

Everything posted by Stan`

  1. As long as you give proper credits to Wildfire Games and respect CC BY SA 3.0 you're in the clear
  2. Do you have a portfolio ? Or anything you'd like to improve / work on on the game ? Welcome
  3. Yeah a lot of promotional material is made by hand, and video is a bit too hard to come buy. And so far, mentioning no AI content has deterred all the volunteers. Since i don't have much time these days I haven't posted things in a while. For miniatures you need a phone number, and so far I have not been willing to use mine That's why it's always the same / from the video. Yeah so that won't happen really (I mean judging from the past ten years) Regarding donators, we're pretty fine because we're open source, (sure it could always be better, but the only costs are maintaining the server) We had a bridge at some point but due to GDPR we can't ensure that the data you share will be deleted on all platforms it's being shared on. Discord is pretty bad for that for instance. A few people also don't want their data shared on proprietary platforms. And it's hard to get consent uniformly.
  4. Main issue is that the video is done post release bundles, so the url isn't known. You could point to release video playlist though. It should probably be the no cookie variant as well. Well the issue (being on most if not all of the 0 A.D. discords) is that most developers won't be there. So if I say this discord is official (one of them kinda is, as it's in the linktr.ee) then you will have 50 people there maybe, but no one from the team to talk to. This might be alright, but my feeling was people wanted to interact with us more than they wanted just a discord
  5. One could vibe code a tool which automates that, behind replay pallas the api is public
  6. Nah i think every updates triggers it cause the spam filter resets to prevent defacing.
  7. Also bad normals will do that. You can try to use "Reset Normals" in blender.
  8. Fixed again. Each time @Grautvornix updates their post it triggers the antispam @feneur set up...
  9. In the meantime would it be acceptable for WFG to host one of those dedicated servers ? I'll see if I can try on macOS. Some ideas on top of my head: - Would be nice to have an ansible or docker setup for it so one can create it with all the needed dependencies. - Would also be nice since I assume you set up your own lobby to test to provide a mod that allows switching lobbies. It will split the player base though.
  10. Also worth noting that if you scale everything to a factor two, your map is twice as big
  11. Then it's bad https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/wiki/EnglishStyleGuide
  12. Maybe @Alexandermb has some time, you might have to contact him via PM though so he gets an email or something.
  13. Nice work you should work othe smooth shading though
  14. Gates are walkable objects. The problem is more making the pathfinder aware of bridges. Also boats would not be able to go through anymore.
  15. That's expected, you need to download the prebuilt shaders for vulkan or build them yourself. There should be a script for it https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/src/branch/main/source/tools/spirv/get-nightly-shaders.sh
  16. Hmm I think I fixed that by using brew clang rather than apple clang for spidermonkey
  17. Can I use your forum email to put you in touch ? no need to share it publicly
  18. If you let @trompetin17 cook we will have Atlas in the game, so the whole UI will be moddable I won't spoil unless he wants to so i'll let him post screens.
  19. My point was that if garrisoning does it, then yes it's possible to copy the code and do it. https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/wiki/TechModifications
×
×
  • Create New...