Boston
Community Members-
Posts
33 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Boston last won the day on January 4 2024
Boston had the most liked content!
Recent Profile Visitors
The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.
Boston's Achievements
Discens (2/14)
19
Reputation
-
Help Wanted. Export to sprite sheet.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Tutorials, references and art help
He seems to have dropped of the radar, so my offer still stands. I think 50-100 AUD would be a fair price. I don't know. Boston PS I'm working my way through it, getting some old python code running. -
Help Wanted. Export to sprite sheet.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Tutorials, references and art help
OK, thanks I'll send him an email. Who should I ask about using assets from 0AD Cheers, Boston -
Boston started following Help Wanted. Export to sprite sheet.
-
Hi 0AD community, I'm making a game engine under Creative Commons. With permission, I'd like to use graphics from 0AD. My game uses 2D sprite sheets. I'm no artist, but I'm willing to pay for a detailed tutorial on how to convert from 3D assets to 2D sprite sheets. I'd also like to be able to export the shadows cast by the the objects onto the ground plane. Any takers? Boston https://bbrooks193.blogspot.com/2021/12/maths-game.html
-
Hey, I'm having the same problem I'm using compiled version 1.3.12 pls help, Boston
-
Today I have started reading through the code, trying to figure out how to export 2d isometric sprites based on the 3d models of actors used in 0 A.D My app will look much like the Actor Viewer tool in Atlas. Unfortunately I don't know anything, like how create a new "build target" in Pyrogenesis / Atlas and open a new window... What do you think? Boston
-
Adding Toggle 3D button to actor viewer.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I finally have fast internet again. I downloaded a fresh copy of the SVN and made the same changes as I had made to my old local version. CCamera &camera = AtlasView::GetView_Actor()->GetCamera(); camera.SetOrthoProjection(-2.f, -512.f, m_2d_Scale); The above code now does nothing. maybe I should be getting the camera from a different location. -
Adding Toggle 3D button to actor viewer.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I implemented this code in Object.cpp: if (m_ViewerToggle3d == true) { p->m_ScenarioEditor.GetToolManager().GetCurrentTool()->OnCommand(_T("Set 3d"), NULL); } else { p->m_ScenarioEditor.GetToolManager().GetCurrentTool()->OnCommand(_T("Set 2d"), NULL); } I believe this is the "correct" solution. I've read that the best place to download the latest source is on SVN but I've also read that you have transitioned to hosting the latest source on GitHub, so which is it? Boston -
Adding Toggle 3D button to actor viewer.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I'd like to split ActorViewerTool.cpp into header and source and include ActorViewerTool.h in Object.cpp That would create a new dependency, so would I have to much around with Premake? I'm not sure what to do with lines 94 to 169 of ActorViewerTool.cpp, any advice? I'll soon be ready to submit a patch to Phabricator. What is the best place to download the current source for modifying and creating a patch? Boston. -
Adding Toggle 3D button to actor viewer.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I was able to implement a C like function in source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/ScenarioEditor/Tools/ActorViewerTool.cpp and call it from source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/ScenarioEditor/Sections/Object/Object.cpp I'm pretty happy with the functionality but not so sure about coding this up "correctly" -
Adding Toggle 3D button to actor viewer.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I was able to implement POST_MESSAGE(SetViewParamF, (AtlasMessage::eRenderView::ACTOR, L"Set 2d scale", obj->m_Distance / 5)); instead of POST_MESSAGE(SetViewParamI, (AtlasMessage::eRenderView::ACTOR, L"Set 2d scale", obj->m_Distance / 5)); for smoother scrolling. I need to implement POST_MESSAGE(SetViewParamB, (ActorViewerTool, L"Set Toggle 3d", m_Toggle3d)); Then everything else should fall into place Boston -
Adding Toggle 3D button to actor viewer.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I tried to declare a C like function in ActorViewerTool.cpp and call it from within View.cpp unfortunately, build/workspaces/gcc/atlas.make "includes" View.cpp and not ActorViewerTool.cpp I guess this is why I can't try to run code in ActorViewerTool.cpp from View.cpp without getting a linking error -
Adding Toggle 3D button to actor viewer.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
2: is solved by making a call such as: POST_MESSAGE(SetViewParamI, (AtlasMessage::eRenderView::ACTOR, L"Set 2d scale", 512)); from within ActorViewerTool.cpp P.S. 1: might have to create the file ActorViewerTool.h -
Adding Toggle 3D button to actor viewer.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I can share data between: source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/ScenarioEditor/Tools/ActorViewerTool.cpp and: source/tools/atlas/GameInterface/View.cpp fairly easily by declaring global variables in ActorViewerTool.cpp (and I know this is an ugly hack) But I cannot figure out how to trigger a call to ActorViewerTool::PostLookAt() from View.cpp, to update the display after modifying parameters. I cannot figure out how to trigger a call to camera.SetOrthoProjection(-2.f, -512.f, XXX); from ActorViewerTool.cpp (in order to change the scale of the image by clicking and dragging on it) -
Adding Toggle 3D button to actor viewer.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
No, I tried that when I was fooling around with the code. I don't know why the values have to be negated. Boston. -
Adding Toggle 3D button to actor viewer.
Boston replied to Boston's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I changed line 511 of source/graphics/CameraController.cpp from: m_Camera.SetPerspectiveProjection(m_ViewNear, m_ViewFar, m_ViewFOV); to: m_Camera.SetOrthoProjection(-m_ViewNear, -m_ViewFar, 256.f); this is the result: Sound works perfectly but I couldn't capture it with the screen capture software.
