Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Maybe you could be our fourth player instead of Solooyo, who hasn't yet stated his preferences. I might prefer you because we play together more often. So we could be @Havran, @Boudica, @Unknown_Player and @go2die. Let's see, maybe we'll need to switch someone anyway for a better balance later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, go2die said:

is there date and time when it is going to be played?  Just weekend is sunny day ... but if around evening I could potentially jump in some op team, tier 3 -- rating 

For now 19 CET, like the Sunday Pro games, but the time is flexible and can be changed by teams playing against each other if there is a better time for both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much are the players earning at Sunday to make a living from? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I like your enthusiasm organizing a tournament I would like to point you to the header of this forum which states "wildfire games", @MarcusAureliu#s . Since - as far as I know - you are not part of the wildfiregames team I would like to request you remove the "official" (and variations thereof) from your posts. (I guess we can live with the image of rules but please be considerate what you are saying in the future ;) ).

With that in mind I wish you a great competition and all participants an exciting time (y)

 

"Say not always what you know, but always know what you say."
~Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus (10 BC – 54 AD)

P.S.: A professional in a field (abbreviation "Pro") is someone who earns his living doing something in that field.

Edited by FeXoR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FeXoR said:

While I like your enthusiasm organizing a tournament I would like to point you to the header of this forum which states "wildfire games", @MarcusAureliu#s . Since - as far as I know - you are not part of the wildfiregames team I would like to request you remove the "official" (and variations thereof) from your posts. (I guess we can live with the image of rules but please be considerate what you are saying in the future ;) ).

With that in mind I wish you a great competition and all participants an exciting time (y)

 

"Say not always what you know, but always know what you say."
~Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus (10 BC – 54 AD)

P.S.: A professional in a field (abbreviation "Pro") is someone who earns his living doing something in that field.

Are you refering to " oficially registered teams "  @FeXoR? It was not my intention to suggest these were approved by wildfire games, it is just counting the sign ups in this thread, "official" just as far as the organisation of this particular tournament goes. I didnt mean any offence, and will remove those words to avoid misunderstandings. Please just let me know what i should adjust in order to avoid evoking false impressions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good, @MarcusAureliu#s , Thanks ;)

And as this thread is about this particular tournament's organization I think it should be clear where to request or announce stuff for this competition.

Best of luck and lots of fun :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Boudica or @ anyone —— I’m looking to join a team for the tournament. I bring w/me decent skill, OP jokes, and a positive attitude. 

Edited by LeGenDz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Unknown_Player said:

What do you think using wooden wall like on the video?

Is it a cheat or normal? Want to learn your opinions guys. 

For me its more cheat because using beyond its intended purpose.

 

Hm,  i think this is kind of abusing pathfinding system. I think you can though give manually orders to destroy the foundations. I think walling is an aspect in AoE 2 i am not playing that though.  but i think it is no cheating as you can prevent quite well by paying attention.

edit: seeing the end wall spamming kind of seems problematic

Edited by MarcusAureliu#s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be avoided by making the palisade walls cost more. It’s very cheap to spam them. 

Edited by LeGenDz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not cheat, but what I see is only 7 rams and no army, having 50 skirmishers killing those builders would solve de problem

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hoped that there would be some more strategy talk before the league starts. There have been a few more players that wanted to join and we could get more fun out of it if we made more and better teams first. :sadwalk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, go2die said:

 

If those are teams Im going to evaluate them the most  subjective im able :) [course will try be objective]

1-2 total noob
2-4 average
5-6 best average but still weak
7-8 very good
9-10 OPs

May Gods - fpre (8.5), MarcAurel (7), Lord_Commander (6.5), randomid (7.5) = total rank 28.5
French -  Dakara (7.5), esu(6), Metafondations(7), Dakeyras (7)  = 27.5) 
Cyborgs [eae em]:    Badosu(7.5), Stockfish(9), Borg(9.5) , Vicentesk(7) = 34
Goats                         ValihrAnt(10), Phyzic(9), Issh(7), Edwarf(8), aow(6) =  34
Los Gringos:  chrstgtr(8.5), Rauls(9), SaidRdz(7.5), Ricsand(7.5) =32.5
???                    Boudica(9.0), UnknownPlayer(8),  Havran(7.5), go2die(6.5) = 31

Thats my guess

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Unknown_Player said:

What do you think using wooden wall like on the video?

Is it a cheat or normal? Want to learn your opinions guys. 

For me its more cheat because using beyond its intended purpose.

 

I think palisades should be designed to stop men/cav only not sieges. The current issue is that it is too easy to accumulate huge amount of palisades for very cheap in a very small amount of time/space. As LeGenDz said maybe slower construction speed or other modifications could be nice to reduce palisades spam.  It would reward more anticipation over micro but for this particular problem, I don't really see what you could have forbidden Stockfish to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, faction02 said:

I think palisades should be designed to stop men/cav only not sieges. The current issue is that it is too easy to accumulate huge amount of palisades for very cheap in a very small amount of time/space. As LeGenDz said maybe slower construction speed or other modifications could be nice to reduce palisades spam.  It would reward more anticipation over micro but for this particular problem, I don't really see what you could have forbidden Stockfish to do.

I agree. Thank you for giving your opinion. Slower construction speed is a good idea. Maybe they will change it for next alpha in this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Unknown_Player you finally posted it.

Palisades are good like they are. What i did is good, but then i got punnished becouse of space , and it was more difficult to me to do eco after the walls spam. And even to do a strong attack later.

Anyway, building walls like that is not that easy, you must be multitasking a lot of things, while moving units to fight.

Greetings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...