Gurken Khan Posted September 7, 2022 Share Posted September 7, 2022 8 hours ago, Darkcity said: Behind the scene is a big attracton as of now. I remember a vid on Tom 0AD with @Stan` and @Freagarach. Maybe some devs (and a host) could come together for a MP and give us a bit behind the scenes and what's new talk for the new release? 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted September 7, 2022 Share Posted September 7, 2022 50 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said: I remember a vid on Tom 0AD with @Stan` and @Freagarach. Maybe some devs (and a host) could come together for a MP and give us a bit behind the scenes and what's new talk for the new release? I can only speak for me, but yeah It's definitely something nice. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
asterix Posted September 7, 2022 Share Posted September 7, 2022 4 hours ago, Stan` said: I can only speak for me, but yeah It's definitely something nice. I also liked these videos. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted September 7, 2022 Share Posted September 7, 2022 8 hours ago, Stan` said: It's hard to record streams when you work ten minutes by ten minutes. I have told you that you are extra limiting yourself doing everything, it is good to ask task in general, Then someone is going to motivate to make it. In this case an ideal and specific person. @wowgetoffyourcellphone could record something he has already done it with Delenda Est, it is exactly the same. He just has to find something nice and record it. an example of something that can be small. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted September 7, 2022 Share Posted September 7, 2022 8 hours ago, smiley said: 10 hours ago, Stan` said: Regarding streaming development we talked a bit about it with @vladislavbelov and the issue was that it would be either too technical or too boring and we haven't found a way to make it interesting. Expand It's fun if you can manage to attract the right crowd. Usually overly technical stuff are only interesting to other programmers. It would be good to make a video for each audience you want to reach. One video for art development. One to the programmer audience video.. And so... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted September 7, 2022 Share Posted September 7, 2022 we can do some collaborative cheap and short. for it to be successful we should all involved upload videos with the approval of the team. Ideally short, economic, with little editing and then serve as promotional material. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BeTe Posted September 9, 2022 Share Posted September 9, 2022 (edited) Also I think tournaments + it's streams would help as advertising/PR content. I know not easy but... It keep game more alive I guess. Edited September 9, 2022 by BeTe Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted September 9, 2022 Share Posted September 9, 2022 1 hour ago, BeTe said: Also I think tournaments + it's streams would help as advertising/PR content. I know not easy but... It keep game more alive I guess. Well international tournaments are hard. @Stockfish, @DerekO , @HMS-Surpriseand others tried but people never find matching times... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
smiley Posted September 9, 2022 Share Posted September 9, 2022 It was more about people not showing up. Everyone agreed upon a time beforehand. There has been one tournament that actually was super successful (the very first one by Christmas). Ironically the tournament literally had no prizes beyond bragging rights, while tournaments offering actual cash never went anywhere. In my opinion, it's an enthusiasm thing. 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BeTe Posted September 9, 2022 Share Posted September 9, 2022 I think we shouldn't discuss tournaments here - it requires completely separated and focused topic. Point is only that it would have good impact to player base. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hyperion Posted September 9, 2022 Share Posted September 9, 2022 29 minutes ago, Dakara said: Also have 1 or 2 officials trailer (it not easy i guess..) Gorgeous and with fantastic sound https://www.youtube.com/c/play0ad 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DerekO Posted September 22, 2022 Share Posted September 22, 2022 On 09/09/2022 at 5:30 AM, Stan` said: Well international tournaments are hard. @Stockfish, @DerekO , @HMS-Surpriseand others tried but people never find matching times... True, I mainly had problems with the Americas and European match making as the timezone difference is large, I am still open in continuing to host tournaments please mention or message me i'll get to you and I'llhelp with logistics 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted September 22, 2022 Share Posted September 22, 2022 On 09/09/2022 at 10:18 AM, Dakara said: 0AD should be more easyly to be founded. I remember I found it by linux games..but im not using linux so im very lucky. Not a lot of TOP STR GAME have 0AD in their list.. it sad I was looking for an RTS with Romans that had a siege, like battering rams, a market to barter, that was better than AOE I and II, perhaps an imitation of mythology. I found thanks to Google in 2004 0 A.D but it never announced a release. In 2011 I was able to test it and I saw greater potential than AoE online. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BeTe Posted September 22, 2022 Share Posted September 22, 2022 Can someone create 0AD channel (?) on Youtube so I can tag 0 A.D. as category for my upload? This is example of another game: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-1if4nAJ2mo35NgNMjbXJA and it's visible below video like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EoY6HHzmvE Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted September 22, 2022 Share Posted September 22, 2022 1 hour ago, BeTe said: Can someone create 0AD channel (?) on Youtube so I can tag 0 A.D. as category for my upload? This is example of another game: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-1if4nAJ2mo35NgNMjbXJA and it's visible below video like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EoY6HHzmvE https://youtube.com/channel/UCcLAGmhzZebn0Jgp0HyrKvQ Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted September 23, 2022 Share Posted September 23, 2022 8 hours ago, BeTe said: Can someone create 0AD channel (?) on Youtube so I can tag 0 A.D. as category for my upload? This is example of another game: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-1if4nAJ2mo35NgNMjbXJA and it's visible below video like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EoY6HHzmvE They add us and remove us from there :/ We tried to contact support but it didn't help. There is a thread on the forums mentioning that issue already. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BeTe Posted September 23, 2022 Share Posted September 23, 2022 8 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said: https://youtube.com/channel/UCcLAGmhzZebn0Jgp0HyrKvQ That's different, look how nice it looks for OpenRA: Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chrstgtr Posted September 24, 2022 Share Posted September 24, 2022 Just a suggestion I thought of as I went to download the newest alpha. The developmental language suggests that the game is still very raw, which will be a turn-off for a lot of potential new players. Maybe change the language to something like the below. Attention! This is a developmental version of the game so some bugs, such as lag when many units are moving and processing problems with very large maps, may exist. The game is regularly updated to address these and other concerns. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
real_tabasco_sauce Posted September 24, 2022 Share Posted September 24, 2022 yes, I think it could scare some players away. A change of language would be good. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted September 24, 2022 Share Posted September 24, 2022 8 minutes ago, chrstgtr said: Just a suggestion I thought of as I went to download the newest alpha. The developmental language suggests that the game is still very raw, which will be a turn-off for a lot of potential new players. Maybe change the language to something like the below. Attention! This is a developmental version of the game so some bugs, such as lag when many units are moving and processing problems with very large maps, may exist. The game is regularly updated to address these and other concerns. Tweaked it a bit 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chrstgtr Posted September 24, 2022 Share Posted September 24, 2022 47 minutes ago, Stan` said: Tweaked it a bit Awesome. I just thought the initial language could turn off some new players. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted September 25, 2022 Share Posted September 25, 2022 I tried stuff from schema - Register new game for YouTube Gaming - Stack Overflow to see if google is better at parsing the page. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted October 22, 2022 Share Posted October 22, 2022 https://youtu.be/Zm0LjUBZyUY Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted October 22, 2022 Share Posted October 22, 2022 Just now, Lion.Kanzen said: https://youtu.be/Zm0LjUBZyUY This but with Tom's voice I don't know who else presenting the new features, the new content and announcements. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted October 24, 2022 Share Posted October 24, 2022 more ideas with balance changes. Or how to present them to the public. https://royaleapi.com/blog/season-36-balance-wip Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now