Ratings Disputes and Offence Reporting (Discussion)

gator303

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 2:19 PM, MR.MICHAEL said:

hello moderators, my user is: mr.michael, the offender is: pignasmile (1332) because in a game of 1 vs. 1 removed the connection to end the game, without giving up. and not load the points.
I thank you in advance for your collaboration.@user1

commands.txt 288.15 kB · 3 downloads

Hello moderators and Mr.Michael,

here is Daniele or Pignasmile in the game. Another player told me I've been reported here. 

In the past weeks I had some troubles in a couple of match and I had just been disconnected from the game and even from the lobby. 

Here is the message I had during another match after I was cut of the game and trying to reconnect.

"Cannot join game: Could not find the STUN endpoint"

I'm sorry if Mr.Michael felt damaged, but I want to make sure that I don't remove the connection.

I'm here to have fun a couple of day a week, nothing else.

Thank you

Have all a nice day and nice games

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, PurpleMotion said:

@user1

My user: PurpleMotion

Offender: DerekO

Tried to rush me at the start and failed, then ended up losing his main TC and dragged the game for no reason, just about when he was about to be wiped out, he decided to cheat and block me or what ever.

quitter.jpg

chat.jpg

commands.txt 574.77 kB · 0 downloads metadata.json 65.03 kB · 0 downloads

I actually didn't try to cheat, after the issue I offered to enter a game and resign immediatley but then he said he still prefered to go to user 1. Honestly idk was the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong quote:

Hello, 

@user1 

commands.txt
frappucino as host closed the game, after a long fight even, without resigning.
Disrespectful to opponents time...

@user1 @AlexanDerGrosse No quit, my network was out for seconds probably because of weather and then game stop recognize me as server, it was telling I'm losing connection to server. Game was not listed in the lobby either. This is game bug more than me disrespectful.

I have respect for AlexanDerGrasse, but no way he will win. Why he choose to post he know, I asking him if he can rejoin in the lobby and saying him my game saying losing connection to server and it count on 300 seconds. I guess he get more offended than usual because I more noob?

recover.jpg

fail.jpg

Edited by frappucino
wrong quote

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a formal apology to the community.

I'm very new to this and I exited a game without resigning because i thought it didn't matter.

I now know that it does.  Karma got me back though when I beat a 1300 rated player and he

exited without resigning.  My score stays 1090.  Just wanted to say my exit wasn't intentional 

and would recommend that the game be updated to include someone exiting as a win condition.

Thank you to the developers!!!

All the best,

djembiejosh 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/12/2020 at 11:14 PM, mysticjim said:

Never reported anyone or any odd instances on 0AD, but just had something very odd happen, and I suspect foul play, although not sure if it can be proved or a rational alternative explanation found.

Hello there... I am not sure if it's possible for the host to selectively start ignoring your commands without causing an OOS error. But the part where you describe not being able to type any text in the chat window suggests that it was a bug in your instance of the game.

I don't know the internals much and I've never encountered this myself, but we'll know that it's not something new when it happens to someone else. One question: Aren't you by any chance playing on Mac OS? There have been some problems with that version of the game. It might help to restart the game before matches, I think that works for some people.

On 04/01/2021 at 8:26 AM, Boudica said:

Hello there... I am not sure if it's possible for the host to selectively start ignoring your commands without causing an OOS error. But the part where you describe not being able to type any text in the chat window suggests that it was a bug in your instance of the game.

I don't know the internals much and I've never encountered this myself, but we'll know that it's not something new when it happens to someone else. One question: Aren't you by any chance playing on Mac OS? There have been some problems with that version of the game. It might help to restart the game before matches, I think that works for some people.

Hi @Boudica- I genuinely have no idea, not encountered it before or since. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that it was a localised problem, and no - I totally don't use a Mac, I'm a poor Windows PC person! :) I wouldn't even have raised it but for the precise times it happened - it coincided exactly with a raid on my CC and attack I initiated, and finished with almost co-ordinated precision! I guess I may never find out, and you're absolutely right - if someone had developed a way to do this, presumably at least one other person would have reported it? Ah well, unless that happens I guess it must remain a mystery :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, JoelTav said:

Greetings!
commands.txt
Unfortunately I've got another report to make.

@JackSparrow quit the game as he was losing so he didn't have to lose rating points.

Commands file attached.

Players should get some sort of temporarily status warning others they are quitters, either that or make disconnection for longer than 2 minutes an automatic resign.

Best Regards

@user1

• Like 1