The Kingdom of Kush: A proper introduction [Illustrated]

Sundiata

13 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

I am eager to test the Kushite faction in DE, I'm trying to work on some textures for the Kingdom of Kush :)

I'll post some base textures so the skin colors, etc. remain consistent.

kush_female_base.psd

kush_male_base.psd

Please make spec maps too. :)

Examples:

598de24e4d2d5_kush_iar_01spec.png.b3497769601a87fd0e4a0af2e5ce27b3.pngkush_support_female_citizen_spec.png.02084e5c21b3daa243f1b38e55d75fbd.png

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Wow, people, all this stuff is looking fantastic... Very humbling...

Those pyramids are perfect...

@wackyserious, I'm a big fan of all the other work you've done for 0AD so far, and I'm very happy you want to work on the Kushites! Looking forward to what you come up with. I really need to drop some more unit-concept art soon, so you can use that. Your first attempt looks darn near perfect though...

@Lion.Kanzen I forgot which one, but one of the classical writers notes that they also armed their women, but I have no clue, how they looked like, or how they were used... A female bodyguard for the builder-Queen Amanishakheto doesn't seem that far-fetched though... But let's stick to what we can attest through research.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Scaffolds ? Armatures, and texture damage variation :P

Or another civ :) Lion has posted refs for Japan and Korea if that inspires you. Wow wants scythian, and I'm working on thracian texture, awfully slowly with substance designer.

I want Scythians , but for be realistic, they have complicated gameplay than art. So much design decisions.

you can't help with tiny things like scaffolds, if we are lucky can ask help to @Alexander, I'm doing textures but something for save 75% to 3D artist. That's why I'm doing one by one, tomorrow may be can time free before 4pm (  -6GTM)

Sunday  is supermarket day. May be after my launch. Zapotecs need some balance, I understand Justus don't include them in his release.

how are you doing with Millenium? 

7 hours ago, LordGood said:

Or another civ :) Lion has posted refs for Japan and Korea if that inspires you. Wow wants scythian, and I'm working on thracian texture, awfully slowly with substance designer.

I'm cool with Thracians or Scythians. Scythians could be a good jumping off point for Sarmations in Part 2, and Xiongnu/Mongols to give the Han a nemesis.

• Like 1

There really needs to be some additional WIP threads, separate from this thread. This thread seems to be the reference-dump thread that would inform all the other niche threads. @Sundiata, do you just want me and others to start them?

• Civ Profile
  • Shields, Helmets, and Weapons
  • Units and Unit Textures
  • Buildings
8 hours ago, LordGood said:

It's getting there, dock, wonder, and market left?

screenshot0127.jpg

omg, ican haz files? ;)

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2