The Kingdom of Kush: A proper introduction [Illustrated]

Sundiata

@LordGoodI guess you're referring to this, Egyptian machicolated balcony... I totally learnt a new word today...

fortress5.jpg.ad4036573c0b5afed12039f6c287092c.jpg

I think they were a feature of the Middle Kingdom Egyptian Fortresses in Nubia, which were taken over by the Kushites during the 25th dynasty, and remained under Kushite control until I presume Ptolemy II's Nubian campaign in the 3d century BC, who actually reoccupied some of these fortresses, which had fallen in disuse by then.

I can't provide you with conclusive proof of their use, but If you're going heavy on the Egyptian references for the fort, then why not?

On this Neo-Assyrian relief, depicting an assault/siege on a fortified Kushite position in Northern Egypt, around 672BCE, something similar to a machicolated balcony can be seen.

598b5ad445f83_NeoAssyrianassaultsiegeofkushiteheldcityinnorthernegyptwar25thdynasty.thumb.jpg.01553fa8009c426686f385db86ab1ad5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Civ VI ain't got a thing on 0AD... By the way, your first models came out months before anyone knew Civ VI was going to add the "Nubians". They didn't even name them correctly, opting for anachronistic pop-culture terminology instead... Our project here is way more accurate. I mean, look at those temples... Perfection! 

In the coming weeks I'll attempt to provide some relief-outlines, which lion can use to create unique textures, so the temple and pyramid chapel will be identical in form, but using different reliefs.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sundiata said:

Civ VI ain't got a thing on 0AD... By the way, your first models came out months before anyone knew Civ VI was going to add the "Nubians". They didn't even name them correctly, opting for anachronistic pop-culture terminology instead... Our project here is way more accurate. I mean, look at those temples... Perfection! 

In the coming weeks I'll attempt to provide some relief-outlines, which lion can use to create unique textures, so the temple and pyramid chapel will be identical in form, but using different reliefs.

Our mods are more accurated than Hollywood and gaming studios.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LordGood said:

lil variation

screenshot0125.png

45 minutes ago, LordGood said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone I heard you needed some of these, though I understand it may come a bit late

edit: have some actor files too

Kushite_pyramids.zip

pyramid.xml

pyramid_paintings.xml

These look super nice. May I suggest a smaller one to upgrade from Village to town. And then this one you have in the image would be to upgrade from town to City.

• Like 1