Blender AddOns, Materials & Tutorials.

On 8/7/2018 at 7:53 PM, stanislas69 said:

I hope I'll get in touch with Andrew price someday. That guy is really a legend for me.

Yes! I also watched all his videos when he was starting in YouTube 10 years ago. Made me progress a lot and was fun listening his anecdotes and line of thought. He even reviewed one of my renders in one of his focused reviews in vimeo XD, so funny.

Blender is great free tool for static models like trees and stones but making character walking animation in it is more than tough

I at some point got fed up with blender cuz animating the armature resulted in deformed mesh between bones and it was deal breaker for me, i also couldnt fix it. That seems to be problem with interaction of skin modifier with either armature or another modifier

Edited by thankforpie

26 minutes ago, thankforpie said:

Blender is great free tool for static models like trees and stones but making character walking animation in it is more than tough

I at some point got fed up with blender cuz animating the armature resulted in deformed mesh between bones and it was deal breaker for me, i also couldnt fix it. That seems to be problem with interaction of skin modifier with either armature or another modifier

You need to know how to properly assign vertex weight to bones, and make custom IK bones,, sometimes its actually easy to animate with blender while other things aren't that easy for ex Horse took around 7 months to be almost fully committed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nani said:

Yes! I also watched all his videos when he was starting in YouTube 10 years ago. Made me progress a lot and was fun listening his anecdotes and line of thought. He even reviewed one of my renders in one of his focused reviews in vimeo XD, so funny.

Really ? What did he say ? :p

6 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

You need to know how to properly assign vertex weight to bones, and make custom IK bones,, sometimes its actually easy to animate with blender while other things aren't that easy for ex Horse took around 7 months to be almost fully committed. 

Any time to make more animations ? :)

6 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

7 hours ago, thankforpie said:

Iam a not profesional in animation but I tried some myself in blender and worked prety good. 

if your animated model is turned upside down you can use non weight bones and assign vertexes to the groups named exactly as your bones and tweak it slowly. 

Yes weight bones are fast if you know how to properly set them, I used them as start and then removed or added vertexes from or into vertex group where was needed.Sometimes I had to split some areas to more for better animation result. 

• 4 months later...

List of usefull addons for blender 2.80

Simple Asset Manager: Usefull for save your 0.A.D Enviroment like barrels, shields, flora, fauna etc when making structures with props or any other project.

https://www.blendernation.com/2018/11/19/add-on-simple-asset-manager/

Procedural Clout Generator: Volumetric cloud generator usefull for rendering escenes like Skyboxes.

https://www.blendernation.com/2018/11/06/free-procedural-cloud-system-for-eevee-real-time/

You don't need my permission ^_^ Indeed their license is not compatible with CC, so they would need to release some of the assets under that (apparently that's what they want to do with their "Open source package" (that is not very clear)). Contacting them would be the best way to know what we can do.

• Like 1

I got an answer.

Hi Stanislas69, 

our textures are so far marked as 'royalty free' , and as far as I understand it (and yes I did the licensing stuff ;) - Anything baked is your creation, free to relicense the way you want it. We'll be happy to be part of your project! 
Kind regards,
Vilem Duha
BlenderKit admin

So should be good :) We will add them to the credits.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...