Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Aoe4 screenshot wins².

The graphics quality of aoe4 in pré alpha is better than any other.

I really don't like rts games on dark filters.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spellforce III wins hands down. It's not a "dark filter" or an "HBO filter", it's realistic lighting. It's the lighting that I strive for in my screenshots that all of you upvote. Now, the Cossacks 3 screenshot you might definitely have a point. That one's ugly af. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expected that and not a touch marvel/Disney with warm colors and over saturation of color player.

Spoiler

LBLexy3.jpgWEJJ1ex.jpg

The size of some weapons is disgusting to my taste, removes immersion.

I don't like the wall, I still don't know why. The other buildings have no unity with the rest is more city builder or stronghold style.

Many small details remember stronghold.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Spellforce III wins hands down. It's not a "dark filter" or an "HBO filter", it's realistic lighting. It's the lighting that I strive for in my screenshots that all of you upvote. Now, the

The lighting is really good on that screenshot. Very natural looking. Their textures are also very detailed and naturalistic. Definitely not too dark. Definitely good for inspiration for 0AD.

spellforce-3_6017237.thumb.jpg.22e76b1ae310dbcca2216cbe0b4585a1.jpg

 

Just now, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Cossacks 3 screenshot you might definitely have a point. That one's ugly af. 

I don't get why they use puke green all over the place...

ss_ef5798c70525c56a2edcdbb7484ccc0cdae3f238.1920x1080.thumb.jpg.1175e44dfada8f8183c6328dd01dc74f.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genie engine definitely saw upgrades. Good UI, excellent renderer. They took a while, but it probably met the mark.

A warm color scheme is a good thing. There is a reason why movies with billion dollar budgets went for it. People like those. Its easier on the eyes and the majority, consciously or not, find it more aesthetically pleasing. Same reason why most find paintings of an autumn landscape more pleasing than a winter one (at least from what I observed, or rather what my friend who is an artist has observed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spellforce III looks really good. The contrast could be a little better, but other than that it looks great. I would love to see 0 A.D. evolving into a similar direction.

I do like 0 A.D.'s look and feel. The 0 A.D. artists are doing a great job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, smiley said:

Genie engine definitely saw upgrades. Good UI, excellent renderer. They took a while, but it probably met the mark.

A warm color scheme is a good thing. There is a reason why movies with billion dollar budgets went for it. People like those. Its easier on the eyes and the majority, consciously or not, find it more aesthetically pleasing. Same reason why most find paintings of an autumn landscape more pleasing than a winter one (at least from what I observed, or rather what my friend who is an artist has observed).

Genie engine its 2D only, i think  they use a update version Bang! Engine(AOM and AGE3 engine)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...