Alpha 25 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

4 minutes ago, nifa said:

I'm sorry if I missed a previous discussion, but is it common desire that rams can attack rams and destroy them in 5 sec while they prefer attacking a house instead of fighting back?

I guess since you ordered them to attack the house instead of an enemy ram, they will focus on the house until the house is destroyed, then move onto enemy rams. Of course, you can order your ram to attack enemy rams. 

18 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

Are heroes still counting towards the pop cap?

Heroes don't count towards the pop cap, indeed. See: https://code.wildfiregames.com/D3265.

13 hours ago, Saatamia said:

just a quick question: how to create campaigns with the A25 from 0AD

You can take a look at the example campain, basically it is defining stuff in JSON.

10 hours ago, Ceres said:

I know that text strings are pulled from time to time, but I have no clue when this happens.

Two times a week, IIRC. Friday and monday, judging from the commits.

10 hours ago, Ceres said:

Currently, it looks as if none are untranslated (to German):

Could very well be possible, you can still review and discuss strings, though.

9 hours ago, nifa said:

I'm sorry if I missed a previous discussion, but is it common desire that rams can attack rams and destroy them in 5 sec while they prefer attacking a house instead of fighting back?

Common desire is different, but I think rams prefer to attack structures over units. Feel free to make a patch to prefer siege, if that makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

I guess since you ordered them to attack the house instead of an enemy ram, they will focus on the house until the house is destroyed, then move onto enemy rams. Of course, you can order your ram to attack enemy rams. 

33 minutes ago, Freagarach said:

Common desire is different, but I think rams prefer to attack structures over units. Feel free to make a patch to prefer siege, if that makes sense.

Shouldn't there be a general option per Unit to either prefer self-defense or attack that governs this?

13 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

I guess when you are invading someone's base set all people to aggressive. 

Sure, but it still does not change between attacking a specific target or self-defense.

Makes no sense being killed from behind while attacking a house in front, because self-preservation is missing...

1 hour ago, afx said:

Sure, but it still does not change between attacking a specific target or self-defense.

Makes no sense being killed from behind while attacking a house in front, because self-preservation is missing...

You can also do attack move (unit only). It is Control+Q

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

today i want to give some feedback for A25 (i'm using svn-version 25807):

1. i found an unusual behavior related to one group (20 male citizen, 2 swordsman, 2 spearman). As you can see in the video, i selected the group (#7) and order to go. the 20 citizen take the shortest way, while the other 4 take an unusual way.

2. i've noticed, that all factions build tons of warships and/or fireships whitout using them. This is relatead to all naval maps.

han_fireships.thumb.png.1c4221e73f10e3f38e6aaf7f29cff237.png

han_wardhips1.thumb.png.bc04431617e167903c88c11467af2415.png

han_wardhips.thumb.png.c8e624170122d9e0fe25eb184a4efe7d.png

han_wardhips2.thumb.png.0da30ee993fb70fded988e81b70776e2.png

Many_Ships.thumb.png.3d9296f5fba875b1b59fc82f9d0a1fff.png

Many_Ships_1.thumb.png.1011648bd58b593c01c3bd0291563dba.png

Many_Ships_2.thumb.png.beff698f4fcf2e486ef225e5dbc9023d.png

50 minutes ago, Mr.lie said:

while the other 4 take an unusual way.

Taking the road less traveled sure didn't work out for those guys.

I ordered my troops to go back to work after a fight; a few went back to cutting wood, although I had ordered all to unload at the storehouse before the fight, so I guess none of them should've returned to work. I don't think there was the usual ~'Some units could not be ordered back to work' message there used to be?

btw I liked how my woodcutting women were not getting stuck on the iber walls anymore.

Another question about the translations, well, in fact about the original English text strings: Is it possible at this stage to ask for corrections or even propose changed via GitHub (PRs)? I stumbled over some topics. Maybe I am too picky, though. :blush: And I understand that this has surely no priority at the moment. I just want to be of help in some way (even be it minor). ;)

1 minute ago, Ceres said:

Another question about the translations, well, in fact about the original English text strings: Is it possible at this stage to ask for corrections or even propose changed via GitHub (PRs)? I stumbled over some topics. Maybe I am too picky, though. :blush: And I understand that this has surely no priority at the moment. I just want to be of help in some way (even be it minor). ;)

At the current stage no, all strings are frozen. But when A25 comes out and we start A26 sure;

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ceres said:

I'm interested in helping with translations and reviews of translations into German and have an account there. My name in Transifex is Heraklit. Thanks for your hints. :)

I just looked, you already are a reviewer. Although everything is translated, there are still German strings with room for improvement.

By the way, I actually need more active German reviewers, since I did a lot of translations myself and I cannot review my own strings, even as a language coordinator.

In case you want to improve the source strings - Transifex has a "Add Issue" function that lets you comment on strings and this can be discussed there. I don't know how actively this is followed by the core developer team, though.

• Like 1

Today, I reviewed strings, suggested a few changes, changed some German strings myself, and also added several issues and comments for discussion. Sorry to ask here, but do these discussions take place in Transifex or in Phabricator or in this forum? I had also several comments with questions about the English original strings (e.g. that a meaning was unclear to me, hence a review of a transition difficult or impossible, or I thought that there could be more harmonisation of the original strings, e.g. about punctuation). Sorry that this becomes a bit OT here.

@Stan`Shall I better start an extra thread about translations?

22 hours ago, Stan` said:

Is there anything you'd like me to do?

Thanks for the offer. On Transifex, I am pretty much self-sufficient - I can promote people to reviewers, you were just faster with Ceres ^_^ People can just ask me. It has also been a while since someone new applied as a translator.

However, I do have some questions about Transifex in general, but I'll open a separate thread for that.

Also, I will try to create a Phabricator account so I can submit patches (it will probably be text changes) and actually propose changes on the side of the source strings. It's true, some of the English strings (a patchwork from the past 10 years) may have potential for optimization.

• Thanks 3