0AD Memes, jokes

On 05/08/2024 at 2:26 PM, Gurken Khan said:

Yeah. Probably will post more "rise of the machines" memes as I find them.

btw: saw somewhere suggested to call "Artificial Intelligences" "Plagiarized Information Synthesis Systems" instead.

It makes more sense than "artificial intelligence" which those things are not intelligent at all.

Everybody complaining about AI, and AI problems and shortcomings, changes introduced by AI... But hey, look at what GenAI gave you already! Look at this amazing music video, look at how artists are using their imagination to leverage the tools more and more. Look at coding copilots, that make programming just plain faster. Look at this science literature AI search assistant, and how it makes science much more effortless!

Edited by alre

There will be some uses for "AI", like pattern recognition or assisting experts, but I expect the bulk of it going the way of NFTs or blockchains. How many times have you heard of blockchains this year? And cooking the planet to be advised to eat glue or rocks doesn't convince me.

15 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

And cooking the planet to be advised to eat glue or rocks doesn't convince me.

This I think is the biggest point. So many resources are poured into AI just for some dude to save 5 minutes writing a non-important email. It's very silly, though I might be biased because I like writing.