Jump to content

There's any mod so you can see what your allies see from the start?


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, nani said:

Two options: enable reveal map in gamesetup (all players will see everything) or use cheat to reveal map.

From  my point of view, enable the reveal map in the gamesetup takes out a part of the expirence of RTS games (like exploring, trying to find the resources you will need for later, etc), but thanks for the help!

Edited by MeteoritoAlpha
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MeteoritoAlpha said:

I was playing with some friends, and we got a bit tired of needing to build a market to get a upgrade and then seeing what my other teamates see. So i tought: "maybe theres a mod that already have that tech (cartography) researched from the start. Maybe you guys can help me out.
Sorry for my bad english.

A23? Now there is: SharedLOSautoresearched.zip

@Stan`, feel free to upload it to mod.io; I won't. Also, making it a game-setting would be nice, but also more complicated to implement.

@nani, off-topic yet somewhat related, it would also be nice if phase advance notifications are communicated to all players, instead of only to allies (and observers) and if each player's current phase would be displayed in the diplomacy window.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nescio said:

it would also be nice if phase advance notifications are communicated to all players, instead of only to allies (and observers)

In "gui/session/chat" there is a file called "ChatMessageFormatSimulation.js" in which, I think, you could remove " || msg.player != g_ViewedPlayer && !g_IsObserver && !g_Players[msg.player].isMutualAlly[g_ViewedPlayer]" at line 91. Perhaps you'd also need to remove line 270 from the "TechnologyManager"-component (it defaults to all players). This should allow the phase completed notifications to show to all players, for the start and abort notifications remove the appropriate lines in the "TechnologyManager"-component (just a few lines further).

I hope this helps, otherwise I'll have to look more closely ;)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the attention and help, but i've managed to make a small modification just for one single file (unlock_shared_los.json) so the cartography is already researched from the start of the match, the mod its attached down below, fell free to change and tweak it as you want or maybe even add it as a option in the match menu. Its all up to you guys.

Again, thanks for all the messages and ideas.

 

Vision_Sharing.zip

Edited by MeteoritoAlpha
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MeteoritoAlpha said:

Thanks for all the attention and help, but i've managed to make a small modification just for one single file (unlock_shared_los.json) so the cartography is already researched from the start of the match, the mod its attached down below, fell free to change and tweak it as you want or maybe even add it as a option in the match menu. Its all up to you guys.

Again, thanks for all the messages and ideas.

Vision_Sharing.zip 811 B · 0 downloads

That was the mod above did :D Glad you sorted it out, enjoy the game.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...

I added my two cents to the ticket

 

 

Quote

 

I agree with Stan and the other posters in the forum that this would be a good option to add. There's already an option for "reveal" and "explored map", so I don't see why there shouldn't be an option for players to choose whether or not they want to play with shared ally vision at game start. Just my 2 cents.. I'm not a regular player ;)

comment:3 Changed 13 seconds ago by Andy A.

 
 

Although maybe it would be simpler, or cleaner, in the long-run to make it as a "sub-option" for "revealed map".

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 9:31 PM, andy5995 said:

I added my two cents to the ticket

 

 

 

I didn't notice that the ticket was already closed by @elexis so.. nevermind ;)

 

I uploaded the Vision Sharing mod posted by @MeteoritoAlpha to mod.io (https://0ad.mod.io/vision-sharing-enabled)

 

How long does the approval process typically take for a mod to become available?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 5/27/2020 at 12:59 PM, Stan` said:

@andy5995 Only Itms can validate mods, so it's up to his availability. It can be from days to weeks

Well @Stan` after waiting for review and approval, I logged in to mod.io today to check their status. For the past couple months, said "pending review". Today, they were just gone. Does that mean Items reviewed and rejected the mods?

Edited by andy5995
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Why was this closed? @elexis

This is Elexis's comment on the ticket:

This is possible for mods, I would disagree with adding it to 0 A.D. since this is part of the game. Getting tired to build a market to see what allies is doing is not a reason to make an option to introduce an option to disable this behavior.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, andy5995 said:

Well @Stan` after waiting for review and approval, I logged in to mod.io today to check their status. For the past couple months, said "pending review". Today, they were just gone. Does that mean Items reviewed and rejected the mods?

This is really strange. Will try to ask  @Itms about it if he didn't read the logs. Thx for the report.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rolf Dew said:

This is Elexis's comment on the ticket:

This is possible for mods, I would disagree with adding it to 0 A.D. since this is part of the game. Getting tired to build a market to see what allies is doing is not a reason to make an option to introduce an option to disable this behavior.

It's a standard RTS option. It should be added to the game.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi andy, sorry I hadn't seen this topic, so I didn't know I had to review the mod. It's better to send me a PM (even though I can be long to answer, at least I know I have a mod to sign).

I haven't deleted/rejected any mod, so I don't know what happened with yours.

EDIT: I think one of the mod.io developers cleaned up all pending/incomplete mods from the whole platform.

Edited by Itms
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Itms said:

Hi andy, sorry I hadn't seen this topic, so I didn't know I had to review the mod. It's better to send me a PM (even though I can be long to answer, at least I know I have a mod to sign).

I haven't deleted/rejected any mod, so I don't know what happened with yours.

EDIT: I think one of the mod.io developers cleaned up all pending/incomplete mods from the whole platform.

My guess is mod.io there were some addittions recently, maybe their server recently had to fix so I guess it corrupted cache or database. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Itms said:

Hi andy, sorry I hadn't seen this topic, so I didn't know I had to review the mod. It's better to send me a PM (even though I can be long to answer, at least I know I have a mod to sign).

I haven't deleted/rejected any mod, so I don't know what happened with yours.

EDIT: I think one of the mod.io developers cleaned up all pending/incomplete mods from the whole platform.

Hi @Itms, thanks for the fast reply. I'll re-upload and send you a PM on the forum.. or IRC?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...