Lion.Kanzen Posted November 18, 2021 Share Posted November 18, 2021 13 Gb only in a 4K videos. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 18, 2021 Share Posted November 18, 2021 the zoom is non-existent both out and in. I like that scouts whistle when they see an enemy unit. There are almost no unit classes, the variety is poor. The scouts are women, it is assumed that in the Middle Ages women had no rights, that began to be reached until the Protestant Reformation and the French Revolution. Some technologies have interesting names. But they want to give you the idea that there was environmentalism at that time. The game is lagging in 4v4. The tutorial is boring and full of restrictions. It has biomes like 0 A.D. Outposts receive individual upgrades The towers are only built on the walls, it is difficult to distinguish the cavalry units. You can't tell a barrack from an archery range. I hardly tested it much for the performance, which with inferior graphics is horrible compared to 0A.D or even many RTs from 2001-2005. Graphically it is lower than AoM. Not just that AoE III. Houses burn with nothing, destroy a city with 10 can be done in 10 minutes. I can't control the military units, the micro is a nightmare, it's worse than in StarCraft even less control. Almost everything is as generic as AoE 2. you quickly create everything except units. Picked up fast but runs out as fast as it went. Most warehouse-type resource buildings cost next to nothing. The collection of animals is slow. Different from the entire saga. The game does not exceed 6.5 / 10 is very limited, I saw previous games in the series and others with more action and ideas. The basic units are no more than pikemen, archers, spear cavalry, then the next class are swordman and crossbowmen. Skimishers and their cavalry version are missing. I'll try it later, but I got bored, it doesn't have sandbox mode. I couldn't test the entire era III and UV because of the lag. The alerts are excessive and stressful, the scout screaming every time he sees the enemy. The walls are enviable. I like palisades too. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 18, 2021 Share Posted November 18, 2021 Not to mention graphically how scary it is to play without zoom, that does not exist. Even StarCraft 2 has better zoom. It gives a feeling that everything is crowded. From the buildings and the grill, to the interface icons, it quickly becomes claustrophobic. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Radiotraining Posted November 19, 2021 Share Posted November 19, 2021 Thank you for sacrificing to the cause! Seriously though, thanks for trying it out and the detailed report: I think there's quite a lot to learn, even in the "mistakes", so is pretty cool to have this deep review .. waiting for more once you'll experiment a bit ^^ eheheh have fun! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wowgetoffyourcellphone Posted November 19, 2021 Share Posted November 19, 2021 3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said: The alerts are excessive and stressful, the scout screaming every time he sees the enemy. Lmao Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
alre Posted November 19, 2021 Share Posted November 19, 2021 3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said: I like that scouts whistle when they see an enemy unit. 3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said: The alerts are excessive and stressful, the scout screaming every time he sees the enemy. I'm confused now. Seriously though, why did you buy the game if you were clearly so unhappy of the news about it? 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 19, 2021 Share Posted November 19, 2021 6 minutes ago, alre said: I'm confused now. Seriously though, why did you buy the game if you were clearly so unhappy of the news about it? fan of the saga. Nothing more and nothing less. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 19, 2021 Share Posted November 19, 2021 23 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said: Lmao the second time without lag it was quieter, but boring. I'm going to see if I can handle a third game. The first time everything draws attention. Every time the units screamed I was alert. I always liked the sound but knowing that the scouts whistle and scream every time there is a unit is good mechanics. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BreakfastBurrito_007 Posted November 19, 2021 Share Posted November 19, 2021 8 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said: It gives a feeling that everything is crowded. From the buildings and the grill, to the interface icons, it quickly becomes claustrophobic. From youtube videos I have watched, it seems the maps absolutely fill with buildings by the late-game, making it feel super claustrophobic. It seems players have a hard time finding open battlefields where they can maneuver or scout. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 19, 2021 Share Posted November 19, 2021 2 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said: From youtube videos I have watched, it seems the maps absolutely fill with buildings by the late-game, making it feel super claustrophobic. It seems players have a hard time finding open battlefields where they can maneuver or scout. in multiplayer yes. The early is different from the previous AOEs, similar to AoE III. The most impressive are the defensesz in imperial everything is destruction. The buildings are weak, I like how balanced the conventional siege engines are. With a couple of spearmen you burn siege units (with torches) I like cities that are closed, it is very easy to close cities in AOE IV. The walls are the best of the game. I don't like the economy, it run out fast. It's hard to make a good booming. I like how fire works in this game. 0A.D has that mechanic in diapers (is too early stage). Scouts are interesting yelling/whistling and bringing sheep like magnets. Some factions units are not binary, they literally have a girl's voice. Scouts are women with at least some factions. Landmarks are generic. The pings are used to give orders to the allied AI. Certain maps are very laggy. The AI makes the game entertaining with its attacks, but it's like it doesn't want to beat you. Music is normal. Some factions can hide in the woods, others cannot. The gold mines are all the same and the stone mines as well. It has the mechanics of units like archers entering melee combat. The maps are interesting, but very few. There are very interesting buildings, but nothing new in the franchise and the Mongols work like our Xiongnu. The lack of zoom must be for the performance. You can only rotate (pan) the camera , so you can't make a tilt movement. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Radiotraining Posted November 19, 2021 Share Posted November 19, 2021 55 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said: Some factions units are not binary, they literally have a girl's voice. Ahahaha I chuckled at this! Omg this is so unnecessary lol 58 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said: Some factions can hide in the woods, others cannot. This is quite a bummer I was hoping it could become a real mechanic. There's a game, Praetorian where is a well developed mechanic and something that could work awesomely in 0ad 1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said: I like how balanced the conventional siege engines are. With a couple of spearmen you burn siege units Ah, this is very interesting! I always thought there was something strange in siege mechanic in 0ad also because how sturdy is siege. Maybe by making it more fragile it would avoid those typical ram-only invasions to finish the game. Mmmh interesting new perspective here! It seems that you're starting to enjoy it a little! That's great! 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 19, 2021 Share Posted November 19, 2021 25 minutes ago, Radiotraining said: Ahahaha I chuckled at this! Omg this is so unnecessary lol This is quite a bummer I was hoping it could become a real mechanic. There's a game, Praetorian where is a well developed mechanic and something that could work awesomely in 0ad Ah, this is very interesting! I always thought there was something strange in siege mechanic in 0ad also because how sturdy is siege. Maybe by making it more fragile it would avoid those typical ram-only invasions to finish the game. Mmmh interesting new perspective here! It seems that you're starting to enjoy it a little! That's great! mere sauce does not make pizza. I see the positive, but it is still far behind. 26 minutes ago, Radiotraining said: This is quite a bummer I was hoping it could become a real mechanic. There's a game, Praetorian where is a well developed mechanic and something that could work awesomely in 0ad Something is planned, we just have to see what is viable Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 19, 2021 Share Posted November 19, 2021 27 minutes ago, Radiotraining said: Ahahaha I chuckled at this! Omg this is so unnecessary lol Woke politics, It does not surprise me. In the tutorial they talked about refugees, I imagine the Poles and their struggle on the border. Instead of using that propaganda, I would call them Settlers or explorer. One more sense of grab land.Braver and less compassionate.(in the sense it's a pity). I like the unity of the explorer concept. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 22, 2021 Share Posted November 22, 2021 (edited) Edited November 22, 2021 by Lion.Kanzen Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 22, 2021 Share Posted November 22, 2021 Features Activated unit abilities (this is ok) Asymmetric civilization design (expected) Automatically generated paths and roads ( indifferent) Grid-based building placement (ok,good for turtling) Fire mechanic for wood building destruction (the best of the game) Landmark buildings for Age advancement ( ok but meh) Silent Forest ambushes (ok) Stone walls immune to non-siege attacks(meh) Unit combat and movement on walls (the best) Unit line of sight (LOS) and movement limited by obstructions (e.g. forests)(ok) Unlimited unit selection cap(ok) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DerekO Posted November 22, 2021 Share Posted November 22, 2021 On 18/11/2021 at 9:22 PM, Lion.Kanzen said: the whole weight of the game is due to its videos. the game is a huge documentary, even of civilizations that are not yet in the game. these are the basic game units or classes. I'll see if I can make a graphic or such but for 0 A.D. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DerekO Posted November 22, 2021 Share Posted November 22, 2021 On 18/11/2021 at 9:22 PM, Lion.Kanzen said: Also can I get the link to this counter chart, I belive the original size is in 4K thanks! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DerekO Posted November 22, 2021 Share Posted November 22, 2021 Here's an Higer Quality Image while we wait for the 4K version from @Lion.Kanzenand a Printable on the side, I'll seperate them by phases 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 22, 2021 Share Posted November 22, 2021 (edited) 2 hours ago, DerekO said: Here's an Higer Quality Image while we wait for the 4K version from @Lion.Kanzenand a Printable on the side, I'll seperate them by phases there is tangible data to do the same in 0 AD. ? Edited November 22, 2021 by Lion.Kanzen Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LetswaveaBook Posted November 22, 2021 Share Posted November 22, 2021 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 22, 2021 Share Posted November 22, 2021 43 minutes ago, LetswaveaBook said: the scale in AoE is horrible, it's almost 1/8 or 1/12 that gives poor immersion to the game. those who defend the scale are of the RTS styles with unrealistic scales. Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Trinketos Posted November 23, 2021 Share Posted November 23, 2021 48 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said: the scale in AoE is horrible, it's almost 1/8 or 1/12 that gives poor immersion to the game. those who defend the scale are of the RTS styles with unrealistic scales. Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns. ¿Ya probaste el juego? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 23, 2021 Share Posted November 23, 2021 11 minutes ago, Trinketos said: ¿Ya probaste el juego? casi me muero. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Trinketos Posted November 23, 2021 Share Posted November 23, 2021 4 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said: casi me muero. ¿Por? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted November 23, 2021 Share Posted November 23, 2021 2 minutes ago, Trinketos said: ¿Por? 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now