Age of Empires IV

8 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I like the symbols over the buildings (if they're burning and other states).

I prefer those symbols in the GUI than as a pointer and I prefer it to be optional just like ours. (Pressing tab).

then there is a lot of cognitive-visual noise. this mean Information overload, that is to say the same thing that billboards do, they pollute visually.( Design technical terms)

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

In my view, that feature does not really change a lot in the early game. In AoE2, players would build a house if they had say 18 or 19 out of 20 population. With the AoE4 system you build a house if you have 19 or 20 out of 20 population, so I suspect it actually only delays the situation by 1 population.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LetswaveaBook said:

In my view, that feature does not really change a lot in the early game. In AoE2, players would build a house if they had say 18 or 19 out of 20 population. With the AoE4 system you build a house if you have 19 or 20 out of 20 population, so I suspect it actually only delays the situation by 1 population.

It would be interesting have a mechanic like that and then have a mechanic upkeep.

It would allow you to build more units but it would deplete the food stockpile for each extra unit.

8 minutes ago, Radiotraining said:

Still quite amazing that 0ad without a full studio of hundreds people and millions of dollars of investment, it's capable to offer variants for units, while AOE not even that. I mean, it's always been fine in 2 and 3 but now, with this resolution, is hard not to notice  

supposedly the excuse: this way they are easier to distinguish and have fewer polygons.

They roasted this guy in comments.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

supposedly the excuse: this way they are easier to distinguish and have fewer polygons.

Nah, I tell you what : more exclusive units variations will be available in the extra premium edition deluxe! Only 120$ if you pre-order NOW!!

Ahahahah no but seriously: is quite clear that they have all rushed it at the end, such a pity! :(

7 minutes ago, Radiotraining said:

Nah, I tell you what : more exclusive units variations will be available in the extra premium edition deluxe! Only 120$ if you pre-order NOW!!

Ahahahah no but seriously: is quite clear that they have all rushed it at the end, such a pity! :(

that's the problem with commercial games and with little modability.

They take advantage of how bad Blizzard is.(actual Activision-Blizzard)