Faction: The Franks

niektb

14 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

The text didn't speak about torsion but is possibly it may be like picture below. Now that you mention traction it does say that it was a traction catapult but honestly i don't know the difference yet until now, but also speaks about ropes so if maybe isn't counterweighted but pulled by ropes like the ones seen in the drawing but since mod will cover from 500 to 1000 and then 1000 to 1000+ it won't hurt have both.

Traction trebuchets (pulling ropes) and counterweight trebuchets (dropping weight) are two different things. The one you animated is clearly a counterweight, which will be useful in a Third Crusade or late Middle Ages mod, but not in a Carolingian.

Here are a few traction trebuchet images used at Wikipedia:

Byzantine_Trebuchet_Skylintzes.jpgSiJiao_Pao-t1.jpg

• Like 1

On 25/4/2018 at 4:09 AM, Nescio said:

Traction trebuchets (pulling ropes) and counterweight trebuchets (dropping weight) are two different things. The one you animated is clearly a counterweight, which will be useful in a Third Crusade or late Middle Ages mod, but not in a Carolingian.

Here are a few traction trebuchet images used at Wikipedia:

i'll leave this and any other low priority fixes for later because i'm working alongside @wackyserious hes has some free time for now and hes working very fast, so i keep his tracks before he get busy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Implementing that isn't too hard once we can nuke the unitmotion component from unpacked siege (which requires the unitmotion rewrite and some refactoring), but one also needs to think of the gamplay aspect, as not rotating means it can only fire in 1 direction, so siege would become much weaker, I suppose.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bb_ said:

Implementing that isn't too hard once we can nuke the unitmotion component from unpacked siege (which requires the unitmotion rewrite and some refactoring), but one also needs to think of the gamplay aspect, as not rotating means it can only fire in 1 direction, so siege would become much weaker, I suppose.

Wraitii work is being approved or there's no consensus enough?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the forums but I've been playing the game for a while. I love everything that you guys are doing with the Carolingians, the buildings and units are beautiful. If I may offer two suggestions, I noticed a lot of the reference pictures on this forum are recreations that tend to be anachronistic in the use of scale armor; not that it wasn't used but the predominance of it and some of the designs aren't historical. The other suggestion, would it be possible to implement a Schola unit with a Roman cuirass? As it's how they're usually depicted in period artwork, it would be nice to have a game implement that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rainerius Comitis said:

Hi, I'm new to the forums but I've been playing the game for a while. I love everything that you guys are doing with the Carolingians, the buildings and units are beautiful. If I may offer two suggestions, I noticed a lot of the reference pictures on this forum are recreations that tend to be anachronistic in the use of scale armor; not that it wasn't used but the predominance of it and some of the designs aren't historical. The other suggestion, would it be possible to implement a Schola unit with a Roman cuirass? As it's how they're usually depicted in period artwork, it would be nice to have a game implement that.

Roman musculata? You can post your own references for the rest of things.