Jump to content

Your 0 A.D. Screenshots


Recommended Posts

screenshot0053.png

Experimenting with glowing materials, to know how they work. Model will likely be used in a mod of mine if I make more than this.

 

@vladislavbelov I guess there is no way I can make the glow stronger ? It doesn't work with the sun. Also would be nice to have an oscilating shader.

Still far from

 

aMC20zw.jpg

 

 

EDIT : It seems I can't make it react to player color...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<material>
  <define name="USE_SELF_LIGHT" value="1"/>
  <required_texture name="baseTex"/>
  <required_texture name="normTex" define="USE_NORMAL_MAP"/>
  <required_texture name="specTex" define="USE_SPECULAR_MAP"/>
  <shader effect="model"/>
  <define name="USE_PLAYERCOLOR" value="1"/>
  <uniform name="effectSettings" value="1.0 50.0 0.0075 0.85"/>
</material>

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(available as a mod here: https://github.com/AlexanderOlkhovskiy/0ad-space)

A mysterious civilization inhabits the jungles of 0 AD...

abandoned village and date orchard by a dried up oasis. merchant caravan spending the night

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Experimenting with glowing materials, to know how they work. Model will likely be used in a mod of mine if I make more than this.

@vladislavbelov I guess there is no way I can make the glow stronger ? It doesn't work with the sun. Also would be nice to have an oscilating shader.

this is our engine?

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I guess there is no way I can make the glow stronger ? It doesn't work with the sun. Also would be nice to have an oscilating shader.

Nope, because we don't have a glow pass either HDR one (we increase the brightness only for the whole frame). But it'd pretty easy to add after GL1 drop (if we'd drop it x) ).

Could you share a sample of the "oscilating shader"?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vladislavbelov said:

Nope, because we don't have a glow pass either HDR one (we increase the brightness only for the whole frame). But it'd pretty easy to add after GL1 drop (if we'd drop it x) ).

Could you share a sample of the "oscilating shader"?

Basically glow oscillating between 0 and 1 with  sinus of the time for instance.

Do you think it could work with player color as well ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, WhiteTreePaladin said:

I'd like a medieval mod myself, but I do know someone that wants this mod (even if unfinished). They tried to make their own, but got stuck with Blender Collada animation exporter issues.

Why did they not ask Stan ? That should be part of the wiki steps'

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Making procedurally generated forests more visually appealing. There are quite a few knobs to turn and I still haven't figured out the perfect set of values. But the result looks far more realistic. Far from perfect, but I can turn those knobs until it is. The existing mechanism does not allow such levels of freedom.

The existing forest generation can't do variations. Best it can do is do a random roll without considering how far deep inside a forest a tree is actually in. Or, it tries layered painting. Which is basically painting a full area. And then repeating the same thing again one tile outward. (at least, that is the gist of it). This means, that it's impossible to really generate a realistic looking forest. For one thing, forests doesn't always fade uniformly. Neither does that happen within "1 tile". Such an effect could be possible, but performance would be absolutely horrible.

Performance within the random map library is something I prioritize a lot.

Total map generation time: 0.047s.

screenshot0022.thumb.png.7c2e9d0dcfead01e3f6745efce49dbda.png

Coming soon to a Fork near you.

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

Making procedurally generated forests more visually appealing. There are quite a few knobs to turn and I still haven't figured out the perfect set of values. But the result looks far more realistic. Far from perfect, but I can turn those knobs until it is. The existing mechanism does not allow such levels of freedom.

Perlin noise? (at least I see familiar pattern of distribution).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...