Leader names with >17 characters cut off in diplomacy window

Ceres

8 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

9WPizog.png

The popup would be centered vertically, but this gives you a good idea:

6TwrNim.jpg

@real_tabasco_sauce @borg- @ValihrAnt @chrstgtr @Feldfeld @LetswaveaBook @Stan` @Freagarach @wraitii @s0600204

Size is 1000x625, which attempts to take advantage of as much space as is allowed by the minimum resolution of 1024x768.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Feldfeld said:

Looks good to me. I would also be interested in some form of a guard against sending resources to an enemy, a good number of games is with fixed diplomacy where we only want to send resources to allies

Maybe with another confirmation and not in the UI.

35 minutes ago, Feldfeld said:

Looks good to me. I would also be interested in some form of a guard against sending resources to an enemy, a good number of games is with fixed diplomacy where we only want to send resources to allies

Right, that's why in this mockup the resources aren't immediately sent. You queue up the resources to be sent to which players, then have to click Confirm Changes to close the window and send the resources.

In the mockup's example, @real_tabasco_sauce has queued up a number of resources to send to @borg- (possibly as a peace offering or giving to a demand), but the resources don't get sent until he clicks the Confirm button.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Right, that's why in this mockup the resources aren't immediately sent. You queue up the resources to be sent to which players, then have to click Confirm Changes to close the window and send the resources.

In the mockup's example, @real_tabasco_sauce has queued up a number of resources to send to @borg- (possibly as a peace offering or giving to a demand), but the resources don't get sent until he clicks the Confirm button.

The second one looks good to me. (I also don’t have a problem with the current one). I’d want to be able to see some of the actual gameplay screen, which the second one does well

Personal opinion, but I think clicking on confirm every time you want to send res would get annoying fast. This’ll probably vary from person to person. (Also probably east to turn confirmation requirement off) 

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I suspected someone would say this, but it was never annoying to me while playing other RTSs. :shrug:

It's just superfluous, and I can see why it would be annoying to do when already engaged in other tasks--it's already a bit annoying to have to send resources when busy with other stuff.

But I get why others would want it, esp for the scenario that Feld raised above. 

Edited by chrstgtr
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, chrstgtr said:

Personal opinion, but I think clicking on confirm every time you want to send res would get annoying fast. This’ll probably vary from person to person. (Also probably east to turn confirmation requirement off) 

This is the case where I would love for 'enter' to mean confirm or submit.

In theory the same could go for the delete unit confirmation.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone I like the redesign. The additional context provided is good too.

• Like 1