It's amazing how much this replay isn't showing what was happening. I didn't leave the game; I paused and saved around 4:26, I believe that's when the latest logs were created and the replay totally drops the ball. Should you watch it: I sent all my (four) inf to build the barracks and ofc it went up before I built the storehouse next to it. All those idle units around the ~5 minute mark and afterwards didn't happen. I think the length of the replay is accurate, but by that time I had not only built another CC but conquered all four enemies with zero losses.

replay-2023-04-02_0003.zip logs2-4-23.zip savegame-0367.0adsave

On 24/03/2023 at 1:19 AM, Gurken Khan said:

When it gets one of course it would be cool if it showed the banner of the current owner, not the original builder.

I believe this means adding all flags into all structure actors as variants (not only flag of the culture of the structure), probbaly vladislav will not like that (as i know him).

1 hour ago, Gurken Khan said:

It's amazing how much this replay isn't showing what was happening. I didn't leave the game; I paused and saved around 4:26, I believe that's when the latest logs were created and the replay totally drops the ball. Should you watch it: I sent all my (four) inf to build the barracks and ofc it went up before I built the storehouse next to it. All those idle units around the ~5 minute mark and afterwards didn't happen. I think the length of the replay is accurate, but by that time I had not only built another CC but conquered all four enemies with zero losses.

replay-2023-04-02_0003.zip 46 kB · 0 downloads logs2-4-23.zip 60 kB · 0 downloads savegame-0367.0adsave 553 kB · 0 downloads

Is it replay of the saved game?
Those things do not work if you do not have replay from before the save and don't merge them manually.

24 minutes ago, Silier said:

I believe this means adding all flags into all structure actors as variants (not only flag of the culture of the structure), probbaly vladislav will not like that (as i know him).

I can't say anything about vladislav. Maybe it would be possible to treat flags differently? Like, step one: here's a flag; and then the next steps would be to assign a symbol and a color; I mean it works with the player color?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Silier said:

Is it replay of the saved game?
Those things do not work if you do not have replay from before the save and don't merge them manually.

No, as I said, I didn't leave the game; I paused (and made a save); then I resumed the game. That shouldn't screw up the replay.

As a "full disclosure": I paused the game before it began (at the loading screen) and saved it at 00:00:00; I then exited and looked at the replay [which were just the starting positions (to determine whether I wanted to play that map)] and re-loaded  (at 00:00:00); I think that worked fine in the past.

26 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

has anyone noticed weird inconsistencies with bonus range on buildings?

It seems towers, ccs and other buildings with arrows frequently get 13 bonus range even though they are not on a hill.

image.thumb.png.a6b0a034cfdc3ed2c295a1da4aad89ab.png

I think it has to do with the way this bonus is calculated. I think for "speed" or "efficiency" the calculation is very simple and takes into account the average height of the entire map, not the height difference within range of the tower which is more variable and more expensive than just making 1 calculation at the beginning of the match. Someone else can correct me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think it has to do with the way this bonus is calculated. I think for "speed" or "efficiency" the calculation is very simple and takes into account the average height of the entire map, not the height difference within range of the tower which is more variable and more expensive than just making 1 calculation at the beginning of the match. Someone else can correct me.

Well whats weird is that this is on mainland, which is mostly flat. These towers are placed next to ccs and forts which receive no terrain range bonus.

Not really a catastrophic bug, but something to get to the bottom of.

• Like 1

They have bonus range because the windows are x meters above the ground.

Its default value defined in templates.

Also note thats not flat number but calculated by parabolic arch depending on window high (template value)

Edited by Silier
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Yeah, it seems like it would be more simple to include the 13m as part of the towers 60m range, then any additional range is actually due to elevation.

Then someone will come and put it back to 80 or what current value is and base elevation bonus for towers is lost forever

Edited by Silier

Calculating elevation bonus:

air resistance has been ignored and assuming archers are shooting at 45 degrees angle

45 degrees is not necessarily the optimum for elevated towers, you should differentiate the formula for R2 then set the differential to 0 and solve for the values of theta there. But it should be somewhere close to 45 degrees and it's some long maths

image.thumb.jpeg.8ea57a9b24fcb61968a8822949774ce5.jpeg

7 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Calculating elevation bonus:

air resistance has been ignored and assuming archers are shooting at 45 degrees angle

45 degrees is not necessarily the optimum for elevated towers, you should differentiate the formula for R2 then set the differential to 0 and solve for the values of theta there. But it should be somewhere close to 45 degrees and it's some long maths

image.thumb.jpeg.8ea57a9b24fcb61968a8822949774ce5.jpeg

Nice handwriting, i.e. calligraphy.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

It is nice handwriting, but not calligraphy. Did you mean cursive?

I am referring to the technique of drawing letters.

Calligraphy is what you are supposed to learn before drawing letters.

At least that's what we call it in my culture.

In my country they teach 3 types of writing, normal handwriting, cursive as you call it, we call it letter handwriting and gothic handwriting.

• Like 1