16 hours ago, nani said:

Download the new one (the one that is comaptible with a24 ) that shows in the first page

Thanks a lot!

I did the mistake and downloaded from mod.io...
By the way: very good job with the mod and keeping up with the updates!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

version 1.0.2 Added Options tab for autociv Smart chat autocomplete (from fgod) Stats overlay (from fgod) Small visual changes Map

What is AutoCiv This mod is an aggregation of features meant to enhance the 0 A.D. game experience. I usually implement these extra features as they come up with no general plan in mind. Downlo

version 1.0.0 Upgrade to alpha 24  Notice 1: Remove all old autociv settings & hotkeys from user.cfg before migrations. Notice 2: Some hotkeys might not work, some chat commands might be

Posted Images

Test with all hotkeys finished for a minute:

Results:

98% shorcuts work like expected :-) :banana: ( https://youtu.be/UsEluryKil0

that really works great :) I don't really need  many shortcuts either . not yet ;)

but some does nothing at my (k)Ubuntu :
- [x] Wall shorctus
    - [ ] does nothing:
        - [ ] E + Space
        - [ ] W + Space
        - [ ] E + Ctrl
        - [ ] W + Ctrl
        - [ ] D + Space
- [ ] Select Farmsted
    - [ ] ctrl shift F
    - [ ] ctrl F
- [ ] space ä <== whats syntagma?
- [ ] space 9 <== format wedge

recomandet deactivate in camera settings:
q w ... and more

# conflicts:

Space T pressed and released space first:
opens
- [ ] friends/alians Chat and
- [ ] builds Temple

Space T pressed slowly - works a expected:
- [ ] builds Temple

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, seeh said:

space ä <== whats syntagma?

depending on your keyboard layout and picked keyboard language on system, it could be something left from the enter, try to change picked keyboard language to English and then start the game

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Angen said:

depending on your keyboard layout and picked keyboard language on system, it could be something left from the enter, try to change picked keyboard language to English and then start the game

Thanks. Maybe i / you misunderstanding: i searched for and got this:

Syntagma definition: a syntactic unit or a word or phrase forming a syntactic unit | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.

grafik.png.f6b7a6fa80fd6491237fb20ccacad9d4.png

i dont undestand the effect.

both. now inderstand what it is. and i need use a diferent key for it i think. has not effect . i try.

space ä for syntagma like usabel with pike units ==> has no effect

i changed it to:

space ?/ß for syntagma like usabel with pike units ==> has no effect

i changed it to:

space ^  for syntagma like usabel with pike units ==> has no effect

hmm. works for you?

Edited by seeh
9 hours ago, faction02 said:

A "select all dogs" hotkey could be a nice update for a24. Thanks for the great work!:)

It's already possible, look for selectors by class feature  of autociv buried somewhere in this thread, dogs have the class 'Dog'.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, badosu said:

It's already possible, look for selectors by class feature  of autociv buried somewhere in this thread, dogs have the class 'Dog'.

Currently they are grouped with other units. Possibly a hotkey for Cavalry+Dog might be even better, that would be the closest thing to a "select all army, but don't touch my soldiers on eco" hotkey

On 26/09/2019 at 1:13 PM, nani said:

version 0.11.3

• Added: Units selection hotkeys. Select units or buildings based on their class type. You can combine classes with a boolean expression to specify what exactly you want.

Current list: you can add more entries or set as unused the current ones to disable them.

hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.(Soldier|Siege|Dog)&!Ship = "Alt+S"   // Selects all attack units except ships
hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.Cavalry = "Alt+E" // Selects only cavalry
hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.Infantry = "unused"
hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.Ranged = "unused"
hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.Siege = "unused"
hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.Support&Worker|(Support&Elephant) = "Alt+A" // Selects womans and elephant workers.

35 minutes ago, faction02 said:

Currently they are grouped with other units.

Not really, anything you insert there will work, if you want Cavalry+Dog just type `Cavalry&Dog` or `Cavalry|Dog` (one of the two I think the last) after `select.`

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1

They are boolean expressions that every unit must pass (result in true) to be selected when the hotkey is pressed

• | means OR 
  • & means AND
  • ! means NEGATE value
  • ! has precedence over & and & has precedence over | 
  • You can use parenthesis 

Example: imagine you want a hotkey to select only the cavalry units and your dogs units, then
hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.Cavalry|Dog = "your preferred key" 

Example: imagine you want a hotkey to select only units that are cavalry and dog at the same time, then
hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.Cavalry&Dog = "your preferred key" 

Example: imagine you want a hotkey to select all units except cavalry units and dogs units, then
hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.!(Cavalry|Dog) = "your preferred key" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You can even filter by ones in the screen or not and also (perhaps nani can corrrect me if im wrong) if they're damaged or healthy.

Nani did a really great job there, shame its not too visible.

Its basically a turing machine inside 0ad xD

18 minutes ago, nani said:

They are boolean expressions that every unit must pass (result in true) to be selected when the hotkey is pressed

• | means OR 
  • & means AND
  • ! means NEGATE value
  • ! has precedence over & and & has precedence over | 
  • You can use parenthesis 

Example: imagine you want a hotkey to select only the cavalry units and your dogs units, then
hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.Cavalry|Dog = "your preferred key" 

Example: imagine you want a hotkey to select only units that are cavalry and dog at the same time, then
hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.Cavalry&Dog = "your preferred key" 

Example: imagine you want a hotkey to select all units except cavalry units and dogs units, then
hotkey.autociv.session.entity.by.class.select.!(Cavalry|Dog) = "your preferred key" 

I didn't think I could customize it so easily. It works, thanks. If I wanted to customize further my hotkeys, is there a file where I could find all possible class ? For example, I don't see mercenary or champions in the current list.

AutOPciv !!! 

37 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

When I try to use the mute function it gives me errors.

On 19/07/2018 at 2:37 AM, nani said:

Features with *** at the end means that exist (pre alpha 24) but not still compatible with alpha 24

• Like 1

I don't know wether I am possibly making something wrong, but when I remove default hotkeys from autociv after restart they are there again like nothing happened ^^ I solved the problem by disabling autociv. Now the removal of default hotkeys is permanently ^^

BIG thanks @nani

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, 4th_Rome said:

I don't know wether I am possibly making something wrong, but when I remove default hotkeys from autociv after restart they are there again like nothing happened ^^ I solved the problem by disabling autociv. Now the removal of default hotkeys is permanently ^^

BIG thanks @nani

Just so you know I JUST noticed this problem myself hours before and fixed it, will update some time later this week.
Technical reason: when you save in hotkey editor it removes unused hotkeys from user.cfg but then at restart autociv checks for missing hotkeys then adds them with a messsage. Ideally the hotkey editor should just leave mod hotkeys in user.cfg but as empty string (as in alpha 23)

seee: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/6093

Edited by nani
  • Thanks 1

I have an idea. As AutoCiv lower i now nearly all AutoCiv hotkeys. If i hit several times a build hotkey often the building into turning. not bad. My Idea. Some buildings have the same initial letter. How about if pressing it several times would switch through the same building? (Farmstead, Field, Fortress),  Then it would be enough if you only know the first letter to create a building.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, seeh said:

I have an idea. As AutoCiv lower i now nearly all AutoCiv hotkeys. If i hit several times a build hotkey often the building into turning. not bad. My Idea. Some buildings have the same initial letter. How about if pressing it several times would switch through the same building? (Farmstead, Field, Fortress),  Then it would be enough if you only know the first letter to create a building.

Yeah, the problem is to how best define the order and make it customizable. I'm thinking about giving the option to define the same hotkey as config option and then let the user write what other buildings wants to cycle between and the order.

Probably not too difficult but don't want to hardcore things if possible

• Like 1