===[COMMITTED]=== Update Camel Units

18 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

I like the rein a lot. I'm not an expert so I believe Wow when it says it's too long. 

You realise though that if camels have reins chariots, horses and ponies should have some too :P

@wackyserious Do you have some free time ? If so could you make an improved version of the texture Alexandermb made for the saddle ? Just the top layer(s) on Photoshop would do. While the current one fits it's purpose it's not looking that good. 

Bonus : Bump map for it.

Can someone enlighten me as to what cross legged is ?

Btw the next camel should have transparent planes for hair.

This coming week will be our exams week, I'll be able to resume working maybe this Saturday. Noted, this will be included in my to do lists.

Free normal map generator, you just need to upload the image/texture

http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/

7 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Here are the files for the archer and trader only at least for the public folder.

Camel_New.7z

@stanislas69

Had the chance to take a look. 

1. The major issue with the animations are that the legs and feet are splayed too far apart. Most animals, and I assume camels are the same, position their feet close to their centerline when walking, so that their legs come down at a slight angle [imagine a line drawn from the hip or shoulder of the leg down to where the feet meet the ground, it should be a slight angle inward toward the centerline, not completely 90 degrees]. The elephant animations are wrong in this way too. lol. 

2. I like the kneeling it does when gathering meat! Good job. I only wish we could have transitional animations!

3. I think the death can be like 20% slower as they fall.

4. Would be nice to have a couple of different idle animations. Right now the camel looks rather bored. Would be hilarious if the camel chews the cud as it stands there.

https://media.giphy.com/media/qYr8p3Dzbet5S/giphy.gif

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3

i did the transition from idle to sit, sadly we don't have yet the transition, thats why i wanted to cover all bones, specially the mouth is esencial for the camel, also had 2 idles more but will break reins for the archer camels, for ex; i'll have to make 2 idles for the rein for match the other animations but as the idle variant "idle1-2-3" don't play similar the rider/props from the mount they will be like flying and clipping everywhere. 

4 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

also had 2 idles more but will break reins for the archer camels, for ex; i'll have to make 2 idles for the rein for match the other animations but as the idle variant "idle1-2-3" don't play similar the rider/props from the mount they will be like flying and clipping everywhere. 

That's what the id tag is for, in the animations line of the actor or variant file.

33 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

mfw waiting for an autobuild

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

3 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

2. I like the kneeling it does when gathering meat! Good job. I only wish we could have transitional animations!

That reminds me that cavalry doesn.t have meat gathering animation, they just attack the corpse...

On 22/1/2018 at 1:41 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

1. The major issue with the animations are that the legs and feet are splayed too far apart. Most animals, and I assume camels are the same, position their feet close to their centerline when walking, so that their legs come down at a slight angle [imagine a line drawn from the hip or shoulder of the leg down to where the feet meet the ground, it should be a slight angle inward toward the centerline, not completely 90 degrees]. The elephant animations are wrong in this way too. lol. 

you mean like this ?

image.png.d64a8eded2a9636143bc77d2c2b91dd1.png

(actual one)

Spoiler

image.png.bfe1dc1d9d252b3308f905fc07c01c7c.png