===[COMMITTED]=== Update Camel Units

Ptol or persians or any other civ wouldn't be using the same function of the mauryan elephant? i know the picture ins't time frame but its highly possible that this animals or even the zebu where used as cargo animals, so this is a basic fact that wouldn't need concrete evidence to imagine it could be possible to add?

1213_camel.jpg

• Like 1

the 3 textures will have a leather straps (No blanket) so everyone could use just the camel with the leather straps and make just a rectangular texture using the blanket uv whitout need to make another camel 10242  texture.
image.png.bb5680c492031dde978bc855c3d33b25.png

References for other props in case of need:

Spoiler

camels.jpgcaravan.jpgexpression-attractive-misleading-engraving-marketing-coloured-flourish_d15a64a4-a62e-11e5-a915-4cd4d91edd66-640x480.jpg5148709777_c839e08dca_z.jpgf05.jpgsamburu-warrior-riding-camel-mt-nyiro-picture-id148749130

Also, i know this i a desired unit in a future too, so i will make just like i did with the horse, the camel cataphract armor after the whole camel is finished.

BUi3o7A.jpg

30 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

Ptol or persians or any other civ wouldn't be using the same function of the mauryan elephant? i know the picture ins't time frame but its highly possible that this animals or even the zebu where used as cargo animals, so this is a basic fact that wouldn't need concrete evidence to imagine it could be possible to add?

1213_camel.jpg

Parthians uses the camel as cargo to defeat Romans.

However, Surena used thousands of camels to resupply his horse archers. Upon realizing this, Crassus dispatched his son Publius with 1,300 Gallic cavalry, 500 archers and eight cohorts of legionaries to drive off the horse archers. The horse archers feigned retreat, drawing off Publius' force who suffered heavy casualties from arrow fire. Once Publius and his men were sufficiently separated from the rest of the army, the Parthian

Maybe just a few animations and done, for the archer, the kushite javelin will need the whole pack but having already done the archer one's javelin could be ready today or tomorrow.
There are some zones on the camel textures that look extrange but maybe someone with photoshop skills could fix those little details.

About the  javelin i would like to make a bag of javelins and leave the left hand for the Rein something similar to this but with a bag instead of a quiver, the camel has a prop point where the quiver is placed, the skeleton in blender have an arrow looking mesh to point the direction of the mesh for help. 

Spoiler

9d8e516a7465d51d86ed3c57d8fe7a39.jpg

An egyptian or arabic desing for blankets also could be good the actual one is a placeholder while someone decide wich fits best,

i'll give also the leather straps with alpha so if someone want's to look how is the pattern to make another belts

image.png.af324a1cf4c84e22bea1841abd802f7e.png

Blankets are the same as this:

untitled.png.3199e3eb91bf67b5b253398da2700b47.png

just a square texture for other blankets desing.

2 Days ago we had no internet conection country-wide, so just in case i'll leave here as a backup for the forum/repo the files as they are for now.

Mod folder > Camel_New.7z
Blender file > New camel with rider animations.7z

Camel new mod may ask for this two mods files.

weapons_update.7z

Horse_new_armor.7z

Edited by Alexandermb
Other mods for files.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Alexandermb said:

what you think about the javeling bag for the camel javelin kushites?

I don't see why not, although I can't find any references apart from these miniatures:

Spoiler

You can't see the actual bag in this one :/

5a84757e77391_bejawarrior.thumb.jpg.cb8e014b69701290f228a9b33f6579fb.jpg

Neither in this one...

C-6152y.jpg.c243f8dcc654ca73dd3cb4073d70cb3b.jpg

But you can see a little bit of it here :) 

C-6153x.jpg.a61da33c335399f2f994a9364e1b2ad3.jpg