Faction: Byzantines

niektb

14 minutes ago, HMS-Surprise said:

Hi all,

I have noticed that nobody mentioned about that building and I'd like to share some information. It's called "Milion" and it was the Byzantine zero-mile marker. It was the center of the world at that time. Traders measure the distance from that point. Here are some links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milion

http://www.byzantium1200.com/milion.html

Hi! seems like a good building to have, right now we are finishing what we can for deliver the mod the next week hopefully, but better if we have more buildings to make, away from the still needed wonder its good to have too another dome houses, the hipodrome and any other atractive building we can found.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

Hi! seems like a good building to have, right now we are finishing what we can for deliver the mod the next week hopefully, but better if we have more buildings to make, away from the still needed wonder its good to have too another dome houses, the hipodrome and any other atractive building we can found.

Hagia Sophia must be the Wonder.

Imagen relacionada

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

He visited Constantinople in the 1420s

tiempo-s6_rtxt.jpg.acbf0cdea0ad15f7c4ed8e72a4c1981e.jpg

I will try to make the hagia sophia, lets see how far i can get before get mad with that huge building i can assume it will take around 20k tris or more but theres nothing that can be done whitout risking beauty

Spoiler

image.png.fa1ef5c1ec56442f4cee4d3f3105b164.png

• Like 1

Spoiler

Cristoforo Buondelmoti visits Constantinople before Turks take down the last city.

And makes this other wonderful map.

Map_of_Constantinople_%281422%29_by_Flor

Spoiler

look the trending font from this last timeframe. But that's is another history.Imagen relacionadaResultado de imagen para humanistic font gothic renaissance

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I think Haiga Sophia was built twice. First one was burnt in a huge fire. Then they made the iconic one. However, by the time it was restored and added some unoriginal parts. So, I think in this case it can be good to decide which Hagia Sopia will be modeled. here is a link which is the official museum site, you can find it's construction history.

http://ayasofyamuzesi.gov.tr/en/history

it is tree wasn't two btw. and I think the first one didn't have a dome. it was a wooden building too.

Edited by HMS-Surprise

22 minutes ago, HMS-Surprise said:

I think Haiga Sophia was built twice. First one was burnt in a huge fire. Then they made the iconic one. However, by the time it was restored and added some unoriginal parts. So, I think in this case it can be good to decide which Hagia Sopia will be modeled. here is a link which is the official museum site, you can find it's construction history.

http://ayasofyamuzesi.gov.tr/en/history

it is tree wasn't two btw. and I think the first one didn't have a dome. it was a wooden building too.

Seems quite obvious that the 3rd and final version of the building would be used since it was completed in AD 537. :) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tomcelmare said:

@Alexandermb Good. But it needs a bigger dome ;) Don't forget a big, golden cross on top, and add some crosses to the church too, it's important to emphasize this aspect of Byzantium. It was a stronghold of christianity for 1000 years, and it should strike the eye immediately :)

The cross will need to be baked first, not sure yet if theres any golden texture in the public folder for make it now. I will make it as a prop point for multiple usage and could end working as a campaing later or skirmish map "Retrieve the golden cross of the Hagia sophia" or "Steal the golden cross of the Hagia sophia" :P

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Him many triangles ? Is that the wonder ?

About 50k or less haven finished yet deleting the non seen faces nor adjusting the uv's. Did a test on atlas and crash if the mesh is a single object with 50k tris, but as separated meshes as it will be it loads fast as usual:

Spoiler

image.png.8ccf49291197ca01e921cb54cdd13684.png

4 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

50k is way too much... 12k is usually enoughfor the wonder.

Yes but nothing much can be done, just with the lego bricks and domes the mesh started to have 20k+ the amount of domes, circular shapes and windows are the ones with more amount of tris.

• Stan` pinned this topic