===[COMMITTED]=== Animations

Alexandermb

59 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

Update so far: I Have re-exported most of the foot citizen-soldier animations included in the animation blender file in art-repo, However two are missing (Capture and Sarissa).
ļ»æ
After thatĀ re export have to continue with the next file: Siege weapons

In last step i'll leave the re-export of unit meshes to leave it open to any suggestion or modification wanted for add more unit meshes.ļ»æ
Ā  ļ»æ

Nice you are saving a big part of art!

If you need help for something don't hesitate to ask.

However two are missing (Capture and Sarissa).

What do you mean?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Meh I don't care. How often do I edit variant files? Almost never. How confused am I about the current animation structure? Not at all. Will massive changes for meager benefits annoy me? Yeah. Will I adapt? Yes.

If you haven't touched variants in your mod, then nothing would need to be done, mostly affectsĀ any1 who included a new "variant" in their actors. If no, then 0.a.d dependency does all alone.

6 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I actually do have some variant files in DE, but not a ton.

Saw the git repo, most of the ones you would need to edit are chin gathering, and hoplite one because of the phalanx formation you made. The rest have 3yago date so probably unused.

• Like 1

Update:

• Added a lil bit more geometry to feets (No more than 20-30 tris) SayĀ Goodbye! To blocky feets. Compared to blocky hands, this is more annoying because is easily noticeable. Years ago when i talked to a friend about the game the first thing he told meĀ "Uhg! Those feets".
    Ā 
    Spoiler

image.pngimage.png

Ā 

1 hour ago, Alexandermb said:

image.png

Yes, like this one. Thanks :)

Can you double check it in the mesh folder. Last time I was working with the Celts, I noticed that we lack this one, not really sure if it is not really in the folder.

Also, this one, although would this cause difficulty in UV mapping?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB0WY46cco81VxJAO5kUiimage027.jpgAchaemenid_Soldier2.gif

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

@Alexandermb Linothorax shoulder pads had many variants, this would mean that we will be having numerous meshes, also most of the textures will have to be recreated. If something like this would be implemented, I think that it should be a full armor similar to what Rome 2 implemented.

The main idea was to implement something small like we did with coif's and how it is right now with capes, but if you want to go that far with a full chest piece with skirt can work too but that's add more tris above the bodie.

Making the mesh variants wouldn't be a problem. Just adding that idea if for future textures having the shoulder pads make it easier to you. Otherwise continue as it is now.

Spoiler

image.png

Also the possibility to add this too:

Spoiler

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Ā 

15 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

Yes, like this one. Thanks :)

Can you double check it in the mesh folder. Last time I was working with the Celts, I noticed that we lack this one, not really sure if it is not really in the folder.

Also, this one, although would this cause difficulty in UV mapping?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB0WY46cco81VxJAO5kUiimage027.jpgAchaemenid_Soldier2.gif

yes is relevant. For some combat unit.

Resultado de imagen para Babylonian infantry

Other "medium sleeves"

Ā 

Resultado de imagen para Roman snow clothing legionary

• Alexandermb changed the title to ===[COMMITTED]=== Animations