Jump to content
Alexandermb

===[COMMITTED]=== Animations

Recommended Posts

@Alexandermb You broke the build, can you fix the first one in priority ? Else we won't know if something goes wrong with any commit ?

Can you remove </variant> public\art\actors\units\spartans\infantry_javelinist_a.xml at line 43 ?

Can you fix all those errors ?

Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/brit_boudicca.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/britons/hero_infantry_swordsman_boudicca.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/cloak_thracian.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/seleucids/infantry_swordsman_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/seleucids/infantry_swordsman_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/seleucids/infantry_swordsman_e.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/seleucids/infantry_swordsman_e.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/iber_viriato.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/iberians/hero_infantry_swordsman_viriato.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/javelinist_fast.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/hellenes/infantry_javelinist_c_thureophoros.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/hellenes/infantry_javelinist_c_thureophoros.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_c.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_c.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_e.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_e.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_javelinist_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_javelinist_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_javelinist_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_javelinist_e.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_javelinist_e.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/javelinist_thracian.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/athenians/infantry_javelinist_e.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/swordsman_shield_ready_centurion.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/romans/infantry_swordsman_c3.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/swordsman_shield_relax_celt.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_e.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_e.xml'
Missing file 'art/variants/biped/base_swordsman_shield_fast_relax.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/iberians/hero_infantry_swordsman_caros.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/mauryas/infantry_swordsman_c.xml'
Missing file 'art/variants/biped/base_swordsman_shieldsmall_fast.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/props/units/capes/cape_viriato.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/kushites/infantry_clubman_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/kushites/infantry_clubman_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/kushites/infantry_clubman_e.xml'

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stan` said:

@Alexandermb You broke the build, can you fix the first one in priority ? Else we won't know if something goes wrong with any commit ?

Can you remove </variant> public\art\actors\units\spartans\infantry_javelinist_a.xml at line 43 ?

Can you fix all those errors ?


Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/brit_boudicca.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/britons/hero_infantry_swordsman_boudicca.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/cloak_thracian.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/seleucids/infantry_swordsman_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/seleucids/infantry_swordsman_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/seleucids/infantry_swordsman_e.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/seleucids/infantry_swordsman_e.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/iber_viriato.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/iberians/hero_infantry_swordsman_viriato.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/javelinist_fast.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/hellenes/infantry_javelinist_c_thureophoros.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/hellenes/infantry_javelinist_c_thureophoros.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_c.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_c.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_e.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/persians/infantry_javelinist_e.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_javelinist_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_javelinist_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_javelinist_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_javelinist_e.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_javelinist_e.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/javelinist_thracian.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/athenians/infantry_javelinist_e.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/swordsman_shield_ready_centurion.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/romans/infantry_swordsman_c3.xml'
Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/capes/swordsman_shield_relax_celt.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_e.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/ptolemies/infantry_swordsman_e.xml'
Missing file 'art/variants/biped/base_swordsman_shield_fast_relax.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/iberians/hero_infantry_swordsman_caros.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/mauryas/infantry_swordsman_c.xml'
Missing file 'art/variants/biped/base_swordsman_shieldsmall_fast.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/props/units/capes/cape_viriato.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/kushites/infantry_clubman_a.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/kushites/infantry_clubman_b.xml', 'public/art/actors/units/kushites/infantry_clubman_e.xml'

 

Just committed the fix for those, anything else missing? thanks for the checkref! :victory:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan` said:

All good. :)

Thanks! i need to check if it could also use riders variants and so we can delete rider capes folder, but this weekend is for finish scutum and if its possible hero specific animations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some ideas...

image.thumb.png.5208f0e4bc66697ee2dd7dea1d4e8d30.png

Some blavksmith basic technique I know is XIV century but... Some things doesnt change, forging melt and iron cast change but hammering... 

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda Lost on what could be the differences between animations variants for stance. Passive from Defensive por example. Aggressive from Violent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMHO, the animation ought to be enemy proximity-related. However, that might be costly performance-wise, so we could make it UnitAI-state dependent. I do not think the stances should influence the variant: If you're gonna attack an enemy you will look the same, regardless whether your orders were to charge on sight or wait for the enemy to close in (provided unlimited stamina ;) ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Freagarach said:

IMHO, the animation ought to be enemy proximity-related. However, that might be costly performance-wise, so we could make it UnitAI-state dependent. I do not think the stances should influence the variant: If you're gonna attack an enemy you will look the same, regardless whether your orders were to charge on sight or wait for the enemy to close in (provided unlimited stamina ;) ).

"COMBAT.APPROACHING" remains the same, so they always gonna walk attacking the enemy in "ready" variant, however stance based variant would help if stances make a difference in future gameplay. Like this:

  • Violent: increment movement speed  10% while reducing defenses 10%
  • Aggresive: incrementing movement speed 5% while  reducing defenses 5%
  • Defensive: Movement speed and defenses as usual.
  • Hold Ground: Attack Reduced by 5% defenses increased by 10% while standing ground.
  • Passive: Defenses Reduced as the infantry isn't aware of any threat (perfectly for ambushes) Walk speed to a human realistic walking speed, attack lowered and gathering rate increased.

    just an example stats arent 100% accurate.

If that were the case, aiming for realism and making 0.A.D. one of the few making stances more than just a behavior but also an strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Imarok @Freagarach would you know a way of implement death variant's based on attack? also attack variant based on entitiy?

For death; if i got hit by an arrow i would play an animation with an arrow on the knee... in the heart.

For attack: if im attacking a cavalry i would hit the rider, not only the horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stan` said:

How do you handle multiple hits ? in Totalwar I believe units fight one on one.

Yep, they do one on one. If you mean by death animation, i would only take the latest attacking entity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that would be the first to strike a fatal blow.

I guess ordering units two by two is expensive. Also would be kinda weird no ? We need knockback :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stan` also would be nice if we could have approaching to resource variant. 

showing tools while walking to gather.  Axe in the shoulder or holding with both hands while approaching to the trees (like aoe aha)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats actually pretty easy to achieve, if  decition is made i am willing to create a patch for unitai

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Angen said:

thats actually pretty easy to achieve, if  decition is made i am willing to create a patch for unitai

Approaching to resource? if decition is made, i am willing to make the animations As soon as possible.

@Stan` thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always wanted to have M2TW like combat in this game so I am all for it but I can't commit code...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stan` said:

I always wanted to have M2TW like combat in this game so I am all for it but I can't commit code...

Can you mention what features? i would like to have a vision of it. 


New idle relax for archer done, as well as the new jog animation:

Spoiler

image.png



Plan:

New Idle Ready for archer:

While the idle relax keeps the bow whitout being stretched in order to retain the silouete of the archer, the ready version stretch the bow as if its "ready" to fire:

Spoiler

image.pngimage.png

All of this with having in mind to retain as much as possible from the main animation, considerating that we only have archers using ready variant pose:


Now i just need to do some relaxed idles and ready jog animation and we are done with the archer and probably covered all the infantry natural idles.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Approaching to resource? if decition is made, i am willing to make the animations As soon as possible.

@Stan` thoughts?

yes for approaching resources :) see Survival mod for reference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

a way of implement death variant's based on attack?

One could pass the type of attack from the Attacking-helper to Health.js TakeDamage, then via Reduce and HandleDeath to CreateCorpse and one could select a attack-specific animation there (at "// Make it fall over"). Note that this will not be able to specify which kind of projectile (arrow, boulder, stone) would be the COD.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Alexandermb IMHO, we should have catapult + charge knockback, syncing anims, finishing anims, climbing on walls (this one is tough) and maybe upgrading weapons by tech.

Realistically if we have syncing anims and knockback I'm happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...