Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bigtiger

13th Century Europe Mod - In Development

Recommended Posts

@coworotel

Here's a little something that I been working on that I can show. Trying to add more foliage/ground cover without fps dropping too much.

Spoiler

screenshot0040.thumb.png.12349bc853c4964d1d4c273be34a5d40.png

 

 

Spoiler

swordsman.png.30e09cc563661d8a9e394932812f2231.png

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Nice. Any chance you would take a look at the core game's biome assets and possibly update them?

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

I could look at the core game's biome as i'm currently working on two biomes, coniferous/Alpine and reworking the temperate biome. The temperate is more difficult as it has alot more lush, which has me playing with designs and changing/mixing texture

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigtiger said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

I could look at the core game's biome as i'm currently working on two biomes, coniferous/Alpine and reworking the temperate biome. The temperate is more difficult as it has alot more lush, which has me playing with designs and changing/mixing texture

Great! The inconsistency in the look of the trees and shrubbery (some trees like the Cretan Date Palms look awesome, while others look dreadful) is bothersome to many and hampers the look of the game IMHO. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Great! The inconsistency in the look of the trees and shrubbery (some trees like the Cretan Date Palms look awesome, while others look dreadful) is bothersome to many and hampers the look of the game IMHO.

I agree that some of the current trees lack the inconsistency that you would find in any forest/biome, which is why i started making a biome for my mod.

I'll see what I can come up with for the temperate biome by next week.

Edited by Bigtiger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me know when you are done with your set. I would gladly commit them to the repository.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making progress on the temp forest ,and trying to model the temp forest to look like a deciduous forest.

 

8 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Let me know when you are done with your set. I would gladly commit them to the repository.

When the set is completed how should I send it?

Spoiler

screenshot0056.thumb.png.96785a42fd87a4fb6cc1cba688fe3055.png

Spoiler

screenshot0043.thumb.png.bf8f012eaf9de723afa61d46843fbde1.png

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bigtiger said:

Making progress on the temp forest ,and trying to model the temp forest to look like a deciduous forest.

 

When the set is completed how should I send it?

  Reveal hidden contents

screenshot0056.thumb.png.96785a42fd87a4fb6cc1cba688fe3055.png

  Reveal hidden contents

screenshot0043.thumb.png.bf8f012eaf9de723afa61d46843fbde1.png

 

you can put it in the zip file as an attachment here  or  over the forum pm to stan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there are blendfiles or xcf or PSD files please attach them as well. Also I have to know where the textures are coming from to see if I can use them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

If there are blendfiles or xcf or PSD files please attach them as well. Also I have to know where the textures are coming from to see if I can use them

I'll send everything for the biome (xml, blender, png textures) when ready. The textures that i'm using are all from 0A.D. except for the pine tree needle texture, which I took a clipping from my neighbors hedge.:victory:  

But everything will be provided when ready.

Temperate Seasons:

Spoiler

screenshot0059.thumb.png.ae2f2ada8a669c8016c22cca1cf04d0c.png

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bigtiger said:

I'll send everything for the biome (xml, blender, png textures) when ready. The textures that i'm using are all from 0A.D. except for the pine tree needle texture, which I took a clipping from my neighbors hedge.:victory:  

But everything will be provided when ready.

Temperate Seasons:

  Hide contents

screenshot0059.thumb.png.ae2f2ada8a669c8016c22cca1cf04d0c.png

 

Would look so good with SSAO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Would look so good with SSAO

Do you think this would hurt game performance? Im just not sure how optimized the engine is with lots of objects using AO. If it doesn't hurt game performance  i'll defiantly add it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bigtiger said:

Do you think this would hurt game performance? Im just not sure how optimized the engine is with lots of objects using AO. If it doesn't hurt game performance  i'll defiantly add it. 

SSAO is a rendering technique, not the AO maps 0ad uses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diatryma said:
  Hide contents

Imagen relacionada

what about this enviroment? (Ancestors Legacy)

Yeah, that looks super good. Though, I have noticed a lot of strategy and RPG games looking very similar over the past several years, probably because they use the same popular engines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diatryma said:
  Hide contents

Imagen relacionada

what about this enviroment? (Ancestors Legacy)

That is impressive, be interesting to see if i can make something like that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Yeah, that looks super good. Though, I have noticed a lot of strategy and RPG games looking very similar over the past several years, probably because they use the same popular engines

Resultado de imagen para spellforce iii

 

Spellforce 3

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Diatryma said:

Resultado de imagen para spellforce iii

 

Spellforce 3

Spellforce 3 has the art style i'm more or less reaching for, but less fantasy!

Spoiler

screenshot0063.thumb.png.8d1120dc8e4a96e6dd071324a87594e9.png

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Your deciduous trees need boughs and branches. Otherwise they look super nice. They'd be good for the "middle" trees in a forest.

Yes, some smaller/sapling trees would look nice along the edges of the forest.

Example:  https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/en/view-image.php?image=53672&picture=the-forest-edge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bigtiger said:

Spellforce 3 has the art style i'm more or less reaching for, but less fantasy!

  Reveal hidden contents

 

add bloom, postprocessing and done you have the visual aspect of AoE3. Nice job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

add bloom, postprocessing and done you have the visual aspect of AoE3. Nice job!

The recent black powder demo combined with this foliage would work well for the start of an AoE3 / age of discovery mod.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, Bigtiger said:

Making progress on the temp forest ,and trying to model the temp forest to look like a deciduous forest.

 

When the set is completed how should I send it?

  Hide contents

screenshot0056.thumb.png.96785a42fd87a4fb6cc1cba688fe3055.png

  Reveal hidden contents

screenshot0043.thumb.png.bf8f012eaf9de723afa61d46843fbde1.png

 

What assets are you using? Own?

What textures for ground are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...