Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Nephalim, question for you. In a 1v1 which would win, Fi or Iemanis? For a Hyrule player going up against a Gohma, would it be better to go titan vs titan or just use a barrage of catapults to weaken Iemanis?

Edited by Baskom Welford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GNU/Linux and mac OS people can't install Hyrule Conquest, because it's a windows installer. (I don't know which format that ClickTeam Installer uses, I couldn't unzip/unrar/un7zip the exe on linux except with wine.) Maybe it's easier to just distribute a zip or pyrogenesis file of the mod? Or as an alternative download format?

I guess the installer exe file counts as distributing the source of the modified files, but you must also include the license_gpl-2.0.txt and mention which files are licensed under that (the javascript ones) and the creative commons one for art files that came from Wildfire Games, see LICENSE.txt for which license applies to which file.

Are the other art files licensed correctly? There is stargus for example which comes with free source code but requires the user to provide the starcraft files, this way stargus doesn't distribute any files that they don't have the right to use. 0 A.D. started as a total conversion mod of AoE2 too in 2001.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elexis said:

GNU/Linux and mac OS people can't install Hyrule Conquest, because it's a windows installer. (I don't know which format that ClickTeam Installer uses, I couldn't unzip/unrar/un7zip the exe on linux except with wine.) Maybe it's easier to just distribute a zip or pyrogenesis file of the mod? Or as an alternative download format?

I'm uploading a .zip to the mod.io. I'll link it here as soon as it's done.  :victory:

1 hour ago, elexis said:

I guess the installer exe file counts as distributing the source of the modified files, but you must also include the license_gpl-2.0.txt and mention which files are licensed under that (the javascript ones) and the creative commons one for art files that came from Wildfire Games, see LICENSE.txt for which license applies to which file.

Are the other art files licensed correctly? There is stargus for example which comes with free source code but requires the user to provide the starcraft files, this way stargus doesn't distribute any files that they don't have the right to use. 0 A.D. started as a total conversion mod of AoE2 too in 2001.

To my knowledge im not redistributing any of 0AD's assets in my mod, and all the assets I use are ones I made. Unless you mean template files? You mention javascript so I presume that's the .json files?

 

Edited by The Undying Nephalim
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

I'm uploading a .zip

That will certainly make it more available!

See our LICENSE.txt for which license applies to which file. The *.js files and *.json, *.txt, *.xml files in simulation/ gui/ globalscripts/ are GPL v2+:

Quote

  /binaries/data
 GPL version 2 (or later) - see license_gpl-2.0.txt

Some of these files don't seem modified and could be dropped.

The lobby terms in particular must be deleted because we will update them very soon. (They should be sent by the lobby server ideally so that it's impossible to alter.)

population.png, some WFG logos in hyrule/art/textures/ui/pregame/shell/logo that are licensed as creative commons, didn't check the rest. But these files can be deleted since they are unmodified copies anyway.

Quote

  /binaries/data/mods/*/art
    Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 - see
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
 and also see LICENSE.txt within those directories

9 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

all the assets I use are ones I made

Really? Some of them (in the trailer too) appear like derived work:

Spoiler

kokiri-3.pngPZeldaVcin1.jpgheroes.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some fun things:

1.  Zora ai seems to be a bit obsessed with expansion buildings.

Spoiler

cb5JQP6.jpg

2.  Mantlets, courtesy of department of redundancy department. Same for towers. Intended, i guess. xD

Spoiler

uvtd8uq.jpg

 

3. I don't have gohma walking sounds, for some reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kokiri lack a building tree in the help.  I note it because the Gohma have theirs in place.

Kokiri Hunting Foxes can't actually hunt.  Despite their Hack damage supposedly being 7, they do 1 damage per strike.  That's bad even against something like a bunny, let alone something like the stags in Kokiri Forest.

The Kokiri nuilding upgrades want something saying what the upgrade does on the upgrade.  Some you can guess, others, not so much.  "Adds a Community Houses, increasing the population cap by 10."

The help states the Kokiri are meant to be spawning trees to harvest in their territory(Ah, Gaia).  I'm not sure they actually are.

It seems Food must be dropped at the main building-they can't drop it at the Market Grove.

Gohma Extra Limbs upgrade seems to have an unstated requirement on it.

Edited by Bloodly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bloodly said:

Kokiri lack a building tree in the help.  I note it because the Gohma have theirs in place.

Kokiri Hunting Foxes can't actually hunt.  Despite their Hack damage supposedly being 7, they do 1 damage per strike.  That's bad even against something like a bunny, let alone something like the stags in Kokiri Forest.

Probably need slaughter damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bloodly said:

Kokiri lack a building tree in the help. 

In game, the Kokiri tech tree tries to reference the Hylian techtree. For me that crashes the game each time I click on the Kokiri icon in the top center of the screen.

I agree that having Kokiri upgrades given a brief description would help.

On a better note, the enemy AI was functioning much better and would launch attacks composed of multiple units rather than just spamming the basic spearsman/archer for each faction.

Edited by Baskom Welford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, elexis said:

Really? Some of them (in the trailer too) appear like derived work:

If by derived you mean "based on designs from", then yes. I have made the models myself though, they are my designs and you'll not see any of those designs in canon Zelda games.

8 hours ago, MCreeper said:

Mantlets, courtesy of department of redundancy department. Same for towers. Intended, i guess. xD

Naw the Mantlets should not be able to garrison.

3 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Probably need slaughter damage.

Yeup they need Slaughter damage added.

1 hour ago, Baskom Welford said:

In game, the Kokiri tech tree tries to reference the Hylian techtree. For me that crashes the game each time I click on the Kokiri icon in the top center of the screen.

I suspect this might be related to how the Kokiri build all of their buildings, I'll have to look into it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

I have made the models myself though, they are my designs and you'll not see any of those designs in canon Zelda

Wow, not bad. The first 25 seconds of the trailer too? The individual faces are animated,  so many effects, it looks like it as timeconsuming to create? We should have such videos as cutscenes eventually in 0ad, but I suspect it'd take too long to create a number of them. For the jebel barkal scene of our trailer it took some days to create and render. It seemed worth it, but it takes so freakin long to get right.

Edit: I'd suggest to add a license for your own artfiles (although I'm not sure about the legalities of the design thing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, elexis said:

Edit: I'd suggest to add a license for your own artfiles (although I'm not sure about the legalities of the design thing)

Copyright 2018 All rights reserved ? He cant really use a creative commons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Undying Nephalim Just finished playing a couple rounds on the 0.3 release. Here are a couple bugs to go along with the others posted in the thread:

When any Kokiri building is  destroyed, there is the 0AD roman civ center appears during the destruction animation. 

In the Goron techtree, a pink box appears instead of the Powder Keg Launcher unit Icon under the Explosive Foundary.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The error in the AI that prevented the Gerudo from training swine was fixed in 0.3.

However... the code that fixed it was shortened and removed from basemanager.js in this release. needCorral is never updated so they are never built or maintained.

If this section get fixed or reverted... plus possible way to keep the same effect

Spoiler

The template can be renamed to _corral

Field removed from the classes and replaced with Corral

The resource supply section removed.

A way-point flag added

and the build list for the worker file updated to the new name.

Spoiler

  replacing if(count < 600) of the original basemanager -> checkResources function with:

                 let limit = this.Config.Military.PopPerField * numFarms;
                    if (limit < gameState.getPopulationLimit())
                    {

might give the same result and keep the effect (that I don't understand) intact...

 

Edited by SirPope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Copyright 2018 All rights reserved ? He cant really use a creative commons.

Reserving a right implies being able to grant it. There are many licenses possible, people can write their own rules.

The point was mostly to clarify to users that his own files are not covered by the GPL v2+ (which covers the other half of the directory).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 

I would like to report some bugs.

The minuteman/militia  unit for the kokirI does not have an animation for mining rupees.

Also was it intended for the gohma to not have the shared allied vision tech? 

Edited by Rolf Dew
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@coworotel 

On 7/1/2018 at 2:32 AM, The Undying Nephalim said:

I'm uploading a .zip to the mod.io. I'll link it here as soon as it's done.  :victory:

To my knowledge im not redistributing any of 0AD's assets in my mod, and all the assets I use are ones I made. Unless you mean template files? You mention javascript so I presume that's the .json files?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rolf Dew I was wondering if there was an "unofficial" zip somewhere... You know, just the folder with the files as Millennium A.D. for example. Mod.io process of acceptance seems very bureaucratic - this signing process doesn't seem sustainable in the long run, more and more work to verify mods will be necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, coworotel said:

@Rolf Dew I was wondering if there was an "unofficial" zip somewhere... You know, just the folder with the files as Millennium A.D. for example. Mod.io process of acceptance seems very bureaucratic - this signing process doesn't seem sustainable in the long run, more and more work to verify mods will be necessary.

Currently only @Itms can sign and review mods. This will probably extend to other people in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@stanislas69 would it be too bad the possbility for mod.io to host "unsigned" mods as well? If the game showed by default only signed mods but had an option to list unsigned mods they would be accessible to all players much quicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coworotel said:

@stanislas69 would it be too bad the possbility for mod.io to host "unsigned" mods as well? If the game showed by default only signed mods but had an option to list unsigned mods they would be accessible to all players much quicker.

Not really. Imagine someone put some really evil code that steal users data and send it somewhere. So passwords etc everything is sent. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah exactly, each mod has to be reviewed for the safety of the 0 AD community, as Stanislas has said, it is too unsafe to allow this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...