Age of Mythology: Retold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6tRpIseYCA

GODS WILL RETURN!!!

My favorite RTS game is back.
What is your opinion for not using the traditional "DEFINITIVE EDITION (DE)" version?

Detail that appears only 3 civilizations in the trailer, Greeks, Nordics and Egyptians, Will Atlantis be kept out at launch?

We don't have much information yet, just that it has beautiful graphics and updated gameplay.

:medieval:

Edited by borg-
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, the reset AoM may contain the infamous "Tale of the Dragon" expansion, not just the titans, I hope Microsoft doesn't just simply hd the game, but the failed material Reboot the slice or simply delete it.
To be honest, I would prefer Microsoft to join Persian mythology, it would be interesting to have Mithras, Anahita, Ahura Mazda as the main gods.

• Like 1

It seems to me that the choice of the name retold instead of definitive edition is intentional. They must not recognize "tale of the dragon" part of the new project. I believe we will only have the 3 original civilizations. It seems to me more than a remastered edition, I believe we will have totally new campaigns in addition to significant changes in each civilization.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, borg- said:

It seems to me that the choice of the name retold instead of definitive edition is intentional. They must not recognize "tale of the dragon" part of the new project. I believe we will only have the 3 original civilizations. It seems to me more than a remastered edition, I believe we will have totally new campaigns in addition to significant changes in each civilization.

I would actually really like that. We already have the HD addition, so I would love to see a quasi-sequel/retelling, with similar story beats and characters, but all-new details.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

That trailer video gave me goosebumps fr!

And I like the art at the end. Arkantos front and center!

And reading the release notes, looks like CHINA IS IN for the Premium Edition? It says it includes the 2 expansions.

Me too :D

As I understand, the Chinese come in one of the expansions, with yet another civilization in the other expansions.

More goosebumps :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, borg- said:

4 hours ago, Stan` said:

Is there any difference with the previous versions ?

I don't remember this scenario in the original campaign. It could be a tutorial, just a beta map, or part of a new campaign.

4 hours ago, nani said:

I hope is more like AOE titans expansion, it had a nice story continuation. A remake with just new textures feels unnecessary :shrug: 

Seems fine to me. Updated effects, UI, quality of life improvements. New major gods (at least one new one announced). I feel like this could be a good basis for further expansions and sequels.

7 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

New major gods

which?

11 hours ago, nani said:

I hope is more like AOE titans expansion, it had a nice story continuation. A remake with just new textures feels unnecessary :shrug: 

seems like they're going to do all of that. gameplay is also updated.

they had announced that all god powers will have unlimited uses, on a countdown, but from the video above it seems maybe they walked away from that idea. pity, I liked it.

Aom retold has been reworked with a "new" engine, the same one used in Age of Empires III Definitive Edition, in addition to all the graphical and interface reformulation, in addition to all the remade music. We will also have new gods in the pantheon, such as Freyr, and in the first expansion we will have the Chinese civ, and a new civilization not yet announced for the second expansion. Some important changes in the gameplay such as the increase in the maximum population, being able to use the divine powers more than once (like it works with the Atlanteans), and also being able to activate/deactivate the powers of the mystical units, so you can choose the moment you want to use them. There also seems to be a more effective rock/paper/scissors system now, for example, the Greek hoplites had no bonus against cavalry, now they do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, borg- said:

Aom retold has been reworked with a "new" engine, the same one used in Age of Empires III Definitive Edition, in addition to all the graphical and interface reformulation, in addition to all the remade music. We will also have new gods in the pantheon, such as Freyr, and in the first expansion we will have the Chinese civ, and a new civilization not yet announced for the second expansion. Some important changes in the gameplay such as the increase in the maximum population, being able to use the divine powers more than once (like it works with the Atlanteans), and also being able to activate/deactivate the powers of the mystical units, so you can choose the moment you want to use them. There also seems to be a more effective rock/paper/scissors system now, for example, the Greek hoplites had no bonus against cavalry, now they do.

I loved me my Athena's hoplites.