Ideas for New Civilizations [Core Game]

Intellect

5 minutes ago, PyrrhicVictoryGuy said:

I'd be down for etruria though i still think civs should be divided into spear civs and sword civs

Surely you have to judge a civ based on more factors than that. We can introduce some unique concepts for example swimming champions for Illyrians, reconnaissance eagles for Mongolians and war tigers.

1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

@Lion.Kanzen what do you think? Can you bother to create ==[Task]== threads for these? I probably won't have time to work on these until next weekend or later. 

Currently busy with Illyrians. Judes just got updated. Need testers

They are many... I don't know if I have time to make an introduction.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone Or @PyrrhicVictoryGuy can handle that.

True but this is an idea i had for a while , i think civs have too many troop types available and this makes differentiation beyond cosmetics difficult .

54 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Surely you have to judge a civ based on more factors than that. We can introduce some unique concepts for example swimming champions for Illyrians, reconnaissance eagles for Mongolians and war tigers.

Edited by PyrrhicVictoryGuy

53 minutes ago, PyrrhicVictoryGuy said:

I could try my hand at one of those design docs.

I would need you to suggest a unit roster and a structure tree, then some ideas on their architectural style. 

Any unit roster and structure tree should be easy to implement for me. I especially need you to work with the historians to determine the heroes, unit types available, champions, navy and any civ bonuses. 

Can you watch those and get some ideas on unit roster meanwhile I sort out the Illyrians. I have just finished off the Judes and they need testing.

Download Judes from here, just download the zip, extract into the right folder and enable in A25. Should be compatible with any A25, both svn and git. 

https://github.com/Yekaterina999/Judeans-Hasmonian

8 hours ago, PyrrhicVictoryGuy said:

Hey how about we add more greeks?

My mind was fliting with the idea of an greek umbrella faction with hoplites, the same greek architecture and with subfactions for example ionian(&pegamese), athene, achean and spartan (syracuse and pontus could be added to this). That umbrella faction would be just called greeks or something and then the player can chose to build an athenian council chamber, the spartan barracks or the temples associated with the acheans/ionians. By building build one of these structures, you chose which of the subfaction you want.

2 minutes ago, LetswaveaBook said:

My mind was fliting with the idea of an greek umbrella faction with hoplites, the same greek architecture and with subfactions for example ionian(&pegamese), athene, achean and spartan (syracuse and pontus could be added to this). That umbrella faction would be just called greeks or something and then the player can chose to build an athenian council chamber, the spartan barracks or the temples associated with the acheans/ionians. By building build one of these structures, you chose which of the subfaction you want.

You mean treat the Attic Greek civs like Seleucids, you choose to unlock either pikes (agyraspides) or swords based on which tech you research?

On 04/06/2021 at 5:57 PM, Yekaterina said:

I like the air strike idea. Will make a mod including such a unit for Gauls. If you can give me some more details that would be better. We don't have an air strike unit yet, and birds/eagles could have been used in battle in one way or another. 

In the Praetorians game,There is already a scout who does something similar with a Hawk / Eagle.

9 hours ago, LetswaveaBook said:

Funny that's like the original concept

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

a short introduction to the encyclopedia Británica or Wiki even Total War forum have some  good introductions.

Still don't know who should i start with, divided between the etruscans and the syracusans, cuz im also thinking of the any new assets that could be needed for the etruscans. Also syraracuse is easier and any concept for them won't include any new assets for the most part but i hesitate to create a concept of another mercenary civ since mercs are meh and we don't know if they will become good by A25.

5 hours ago, PyrrhicVictoryGuy said:

Still don't know who should i start with, divided between the etruscans and the syracusans, cuz im also thinking of the any new assets that could be needed for the etruscans. Also syraracuse is easier and any concept for them won't include any new assets for the most part but i hesitate to create a concept of another mercenary civ since mercs are meh and we don't know if they will become good by A25.

Etruscan... Ok.

You can start with this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etruscan_civilization

https://historica.fandom.com/wiki/Etruscan_League