Faction: Byzantines

niektb

12 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

Some trees for the tenements could also do the trick, so that it would also match the tree props used in the plaza and the civic centre.

Not at all. try see them in black and white. is designer trick. is shape or color aren't well balanced see them or in monochromatic or gray scales.

7 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

Lower one for standard skirmish walls, taller ones reserved for Atlas (Or implement a wall/wall tower upgrade for the Byzantines which will replace the lower walls with the taller ones upon upgrade)

Cart have 2 walls thats the same i want to use for byzantines, upgrading from short walls to taller walls will cause mess while playing and i'm already making 2 variants for each wall size for atlas, the normal skirmish game one and others with stairs as they should be.

And the shorter walls is even shorter, the left wall is too big so i'll use the right one (wich is also a little more bigger than usual walls).

Spoiler

image.png.264ff2abca6b703e32193ce642149988.png

• Like 1

First we need to finish the whole buildings set + icons before start to make decorations as it was with norse. First the whole building pack so we don't end delivering a mod with placeholders (excluding the ships wich i don't think byzantine ships will reach the alpha 23) and then start making the little perfection details, norse texture has gone through a lot of changes between releases so i don't think is necessary yet fully focus on that plus norse ships took from Alpha 19 to 24 wich is what i don't want to happen with the byzantines neither carolingian, the only faction we have with full building sets are Anglo and Norse, caro still needs Market and Corral and other several tweaks to each building and byzantines walls are almost done but still needs Scout tower, Sentry tower and Fortress, and byzantines infantry still needs some circular shields textures. I think we have done a lot of progress going from 2 80% finished factions to 4 factions in 1 alpha with Norse: 100% Anglo: like 80% because of ships Carolingians: 70% because of fortress buildings placeholders and ships, and Byzantines with almost all buildings in 1 alpha and full soldier set. And Caro and Byzantines need a tweaks on their trebuchets both had trebuchets but traction ones as mentioned before and not counterweighted and byzantines shouldn't use norse ram so they will need one too.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

And the small wall. Too small to add a big gate for an elephant to go through but neither it shouldn't be allowed to if is the secondary wall and not obligatory to use it:

Hide contents

image.png.ef50b5286aaf7705858ccc19c9d9bdb0.png

This would be a cool option. Build a postern or a gate. Gates have more "bandwidth" and let large units and large numbers of units through, but have a danger of letting enemies in too. Posterns have lower bandwith but don't let enemies through.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

This would be a cool option. Build a postern or a gate. Gates have more "bandwidth" and let large units and large numbers of units through, but have a danger of letting enemies in too. Posterns have lower bandwith but don't let enemies through.

This could be cool if someday we get what i mentioned before destroying doors before destroying the gate, so isn't necessary to capture but to destroy and more danger if they reach that objective allowing the enemy going through because first you will need to clean the wave of enemies before attempting to repair allowing to nomad factions wich doesn't have strong siege weapons to destroy doors and raid villages before and don't losse the game when the enemy is fortified by walls and they don't have siege weapons (Xiognu case at least for the next alpha unless some idea come up with siege weapons) Btw shouldn't the citizens not be allowed to repair while an enemy is near as a gameplay feature?

• Stan` pinned this topic