Alpha 27 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

1 hour ago, nani said:

@Stan` I also had issues testing the dev trunk, I had to remove my default config file and let 0ad 0.27.0 recreate for it to not crash. If I remember correctly it was something about JSON string parsing not being valid.

Could you try to reproduce it? I suppose maybe it was linked to autociv?

• Like 1

whats the most easy way for windows user start with a27 at the moment?

i guess for linux user the app-images are most easy .

BTW search say : "Windows 10 includes the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), also known as "Bash for Windows". This can be used to run AppImages on Windows."

Edited by seeh

15 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

is it actually supposed to be false as stated here or "false" like the other options?

both will work, but you can go with "false"

1 minute ago, seeh said:

i guess for linux user the app-images are most easy .

BTW search say : "Windows 10 includes the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), also known as "Bash for Windows". This can be used to run AppImages on Windows."

I suppose it's to just use the installer.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

borderless.fullscreen = "false" did not fix it.

I do have a26 and a27 rc concurrently installed, but not running at the same time. I will try later with a26 uninstalled

Windowed mode seems the only thing that fixes it. The big blue screen tears still happen with vulkan+borderless.fullscreen = 'false'

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

Fish crisis in Latium:

0ad-fcilat.jpg.6141431bb9dd67b1fa18862662e38010.jpg

There's one (!) fishing spot for my ally and me (green & blue).

If it were everywhere like in the SW I'd think it'd be ok. I don't know if I just got an unlucky draw or if there can be something done about the distribution/amount of fishing spots.

Edited by Gurken Khan
East, West, what's the diff?
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Fish crisis in Latium:

0ad-fcilat.jpg.6141431bb9dd67b1fa18862662e38010.jpg

There's one (!) fishing spot for my ally and me (green & blue).

If it were everywhere like in the SE I'd think it'd be ok. I don't know if I just got an unlucky draw or if there can be something done about the distribution/amount of fishing spots.

There are many maps that are not fun because of the resources. These maps do not meet the expectations.

The Han ministers still have a production button problem: while it shows the correct max number you can produce in a batch, if the batch size is actually bigger nothing will happen. This is not visibly represented for the player.

You have to reduce the batch size until it matches the maximum ministers you can produce, while the number presented to the player will stay the same. (If you can produce 2 and your current batch size is 5, it will show you the 2 all the time; when you dial down your batch size to 4, 2 is shown etc.)

I wish the game would just cut off larger numbers if the current batch size is bigger than what you can produce, so the button actually does what it says.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

The Han ministers still have a production button problem: while it shows the correct max number you can produce in a batch, if the batch size is actually bigger nothing will happen. This is not visibly represented for the player.

You have to reduce the batch size until it matches the maximum ministers you can produce, while the number presented to the player will stay the same. (If you can produce 2 and your current batch size is 5, it will show you the 2 all the time; when you dial down your batch size to 4, 2 is shown etc.)

I wish the game would just cut off larger numbers if the current batch size is bigger than what you can produce, so the button actually does what it says.

Can you create a ticket for this?

• Like 1

On 27/05/2023 at 11:57 AM, seeh said:

LuchoMat did this yesterday with no problems:

download bundle from the forum

install.

A warning will appear warning that the previous version will be uninstalled.

click 'OK'

The installer will suggest a directory (folder) for the installation. This will most likely be the current location of a26.

Delete the last part of the 'path' and replace it with something like '0ad_A27'.

I think the shortcuts folder should also be separate, but I am not sure.

• Thanks 1