Jump to content

wowgetoffyourcellphone

0 A.D. Art Team
  • Posts

    11.611
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    621

Everything posted by wowgetoffyourcellphone

  1. I should make an art task for more siege tower models. That way folks can post up some references. If we're going to go through the trouble of creating more siege tower models (which we should), then perhaps each civ's siege tower should look somewhat unique. I also agree to giving it to move civs. We need to make them more useful and less buggy, but that doesn't mean they can't have them yet.
  2. I suggest using 2 or 3 differently-colored "smoke" textures/particles to give the mushroom cloud some visual depth. Also, for Mars, you could definitely start with the Nubia terrains.
  3. Good job on creatively using the layering system on the main menu.
  4. No, it requires some new lines of UI code. I'm talking about having 3 different display names for each unit, and then the player could customize which two (or one) they want displayed: SpecificName GenericName ClassName This is different from the class system. So: Hoplites Athanaios Athenian Hoplite Spear Infantry We could rename these elements if we wanted to: EthnicName (in ancient Greek, ancient Germanic, ancient Latin, et al.) LocalizedName (the translation based on your selected language, the same as the old "generic" name) RoleName (so, Archer Infantry, Skirmish Cavalry, etc.) I honestly wouldn't show all 3 in the HUD at once, but let the player decide which 2 or 1. We here could choose what the best default is, but let the player change it after that. We could show all 3 in the Unit Viewer tho.
  5. I've desired this for a long time. A decade.
  6. Please make a PR for the base game. lol You're in luck too! The next Release will fix rain particle orientations.
  7. Aristides the Just in my current writing project. (Ostracized^) (Storming Psyttaleia before Salamis) (Ready to march the army to Plataea)
  8. I was thinking of changing the basic-> advanced -> elite // champion nomenclature in Delenda Est to something like what you propose, but haven't gotten around to it. I'm quite deeply obsessed in my current writing project at the moment (you'd love it, its subject is the Greco-Persian Wars), but it's on my todo list. The only issue--and it's a big one--is that the current nomenclature is quite embedded into the inner workings of the templates and art. Not impossible to change by any means, just a nice little project on its own. For instance, think of all the actor file names ending in _b, _a, _e, _c. I enjoy tackling projects like that, but I'll only do it if the crew here deems it desirable. Not gonna put all that work into a PR which will languish along the bank of the River Styx. Another one I want to tackle is the Civic Center nomenclature, which is currently quite inconsistent. That's a whole other PR.
  9. I think it might be worthwhile to try to get bridges implemented as map objects at least, as a proof that we can make walkable objects work in the engine. Then figure out how to allow players to build them (if we'd even want it; there are a ton of possibly confounding edge cases).
  10. I like the idea of a date palm, but perhaps something religious would be better.
  11. Yeah, I'm not happy with the one in the first post.
  12. Mod.io asks the modern to include a thumbnail image for their site. Perhaps the download page could pull those images.
  13. I actually wish this page would show the mod's thumbnail.
  14. A small ledger telling what the colors are would be nice.
  15. The Roman storehouse has a low poly crane of the same style maybe you could modify.
  16. https://github.com/JustusAvramenko/delenda_est/commits/master/
  17. Not erroneous. They all had theaters, even the Greco-Bactrians! It's one of the surefire archaeological evidences of Greek or Greek-inspired habitation. The most definitive physical evidence comes from the archaeological excavations of Ai-Khanoum (likely ancient Alexandria on the Oxus), located in northeastern Afghanistan. Archaeologists unearthed a massive traditional Greek theater built directly into the side of the city's acropolis capable of seating between 5,000 and 6,000 spectators. It featured rows of seating surrounding a circular performance area, built in the exact architectural tradition of mainland Greece. It's even recognized as the easternmost permanent Greek theater discovered from the ancient world. Ai-Khanoum (Greco-Bactrians): https://rsisinternational.org/journals/ijriss/articles/alexandria-on-the-oxus-ai-khanoum-and-the-greco-bactrian-synthesis-in-ancient-central-asia/ https://greekreporter.com/2026/04/29/afghanistan-ancient-greek-city-mystery-demise/ https://www.academia.edu/38141997/Amphitheaters_19_01_02_pdf https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Ai-Khanoum#Other_buildings
  18. Then one would disable the UI for such a screenshot and the build info wouldn't show anyway
×
×
  • Create New...