Smurf tag.

Emperior

17 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

I made 5 attempts to become new person in the 0ad lobby but some smurf speculators are obsessed with finding out my past (which has nothing to do with them)! 

The longest identity lasted for 2 weeks until someone interrogated me and a bunch of 'new' friends for evidence of who I am.

Sounds like a plot for a police novel.

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/01/2022 at 8:46 PM, Yekaterina said:

Think: when has vali or borg ever complained about smurfs? The correct play is to become a better player yourself instead of wasting effort on harassing and interrogating anyone you don't know.  

Wrong. Lot of people just don't like smurfs. It's not hard to understand why. It's pretty easy to just accept that fact and not contribute to the problem. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chrstgtr said:

Wrong. Lot of people just don't like smurfs. It's not hard to understand why. It's pretty easy to just accept that fact and not contribute to the problem. 

Such a funny thread, but good to see A22 lobby in action! I don't know what this impostering is but some people have claimed to be me in the past. I have also claimed to be boredRusher and Hamdich because bml304 was convinced that I am a smurf identity of Hamdich. In the meantime, DoctorOrgans thinks I am Isabelle (some very OP old player) although he was the one who watched me improve from cosmic noob. My first game in release A24 was a 3v1 against him and the 3 of us lost. He gave me a lot of tips which really helped me to improve from 1200 to 1500 in just 3 months. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stan` said:

In previous versions of 0 A.D. you could impersonate people after they got disconnected and play as if you were them.

A lot of people miss that. Now if one person drops then it is over. 

What happened above was people joining by IP with different names that mimicked other players

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, G.O.A.T said:

and don't forget look to my profile :victory:

Some of your claims are correct, while others are complete nonsense. 

Let's look at your claims:

image.thumb.png.f66e80198223514a6d3c8c5c7a618e4f.png

1. Do not attempt to imposter berhudar. You are much weaker than him and it's obvious. 

2. I'm not Kate. Christoffel-Symbol1-8 are mine, and so are Kensington-Olympia, Sevda. 

3. Karissa is not Kate, we have proofs if you want. The fact that you didn't know the name of Karissa's original account shows your ignorance. 

4. Farmer2000 is not Aoric, he is much stronger than Aoric and plays differently.

5. I, DoctorOrgans and KarissaX are the only active dancers in the lobby (I have seen); I have not seen anyone else dancing so phyZic is not active. 

6. R.U.L is not Aoric, he is another player

7. xZen is not berhudar neither. He is a mercenary cavalry spammer and I watched him improve from noob to unbeatable.

8. Your list is very very incomplete, I can help by expanding it, but I won't. 

9. You yourself is a smurf and have a large number of accounts, so don't criticise others. 

Finally, how did you make this list? Did someone report things to you? Are these reporters reliable?

• Haha 1

"Dogs bark after at what they cannot understand" -Heraclitus

1 hour ago, Sevda said:

1. Do not attempt to imposter berhudar. You are much weaker than him and it's obvious. 

2. I'm not Kate. Christoffel-Symbol1-8 are mine, and so are Kensington-Olympia, Sevda. 

3. Karissa is not Kate, we have proofs if you want. The fact that you didn't know the name of Karissa's original account shows your ignorance. 

4. Farmer2000 is not Aoric, he is much stronger than Aoric and plays differently.

5. I, DoctorOrgans and KarissaX are the only active dancers in the lobby (I have seen); I have not seen anyone else dancing so phyZic is not active. 

6. R.U.L is not Aoric, he is another player

7. xZen is not berhudar neither. He is a mercenary cavalry spammer and I watched him improve from noob to unbeatable.

8. Your list is very very incomplete, I can help by expanding it, but I won't. 

9. You yourself is a smurf and have a large number of accounts, so don't criticise others. 

Some people become hostile when you reveal things they don't understand. No need an explanation.

• Like 1