3 minutes ago, asterix said:

will be more easier to do with upcoming version of blender 2.93 https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Reference/Release_Notes/2.93/Grease_Pencil

You know what I really miss from version 2.7? Edge Rendering, using the "Edge" checkbox in the Postprocessing tab. It's what I used for the lineart of the Kushite buildings. I don't know why they removed that feature. It was way faster than Freestyle, and in some cases it gave better results. I wish they could bring Edge Rendering back.

• Like 1
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They weren't included in A24 for various reasons but I think it's time for A25 even if they are not 100% perfect. There will be more incentive to make them better if they are in the game than if

Update on the fortress.

Many thanks to @Stan` for creating this mod. It would be great if we can integrate Han as a formal civ into the next release A25 as they had been a major player in the world's history around 0AD. Hope

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, m7600 said:

You know what I really miss from version 2.7? Edge Rendering, using the "Edge" checkbox in the Postprocessing tab. It's what I used for the lineart of the Kushite buildings. I don't know why they removed that feature. It was way faster than Freestyle, and in some cases it gave better results. I wish they could bring Edge Rendering back.

A simple and easy AO bake as it existed until 2.79 would be good too.:unsure:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lopess said:

A simple and easy AO bake as it existed until 2.79 would be good too.:unsure:

Yeah, I agree. Baking textures in the new versions has a lot of weird steps. You have to add a material, and then add an image texture node, but the node has to be disconnected, but you also have to select it, or you get a "circular dependency" error when you bake. As a method, it works, but it doesn't make any sense from a practical point of view.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, m7600 said:

Yeah, I agree. Baking textures in the new versions has a lot of weird steps. You have to add a material, and then add an image texture node, but the node has to be disconnected, but you also have to select it, or you get a "circular dependency" error when you bake. As a method, it works, but it doesn't make any sense from a practical point of view.

That's why I made my material :)

• Like 2

Nice work did you use the makeclothes blender plug in for the hair and moustache or are they just added with GIMP using the plug in does give a better render result though.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

• Like 1

@Loki1950 I have MakeClothes and MakeTarget, but I didn't use them for this. The hair is from MakeHuman, except for the ball of hair, I made that with Blender, as well as the moustache. I'm not satisfied with this portrait though, so I'll try to make a different version tomorrow.

A modern artistic reconstruction of the appearance of Han Xin:

u=2733831319,1906920198&fm=26&gp=0.jpg

We don't know what he actually looks like but this should look good for our purpose. We can basically use this portrait as the thumbnail in the game. 

Note that Liu Bang was actually incapable of fighting; he was a politician who just did the talking and did not participate in any close-quarter combat. We can make him a healer hero like Chanakya of Mauryans with many OP bonus auras. 

28 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

We don't know what he actually looks like but this should look good for our purpose. We can basically use this portrait as the thumbnail in the game. 

We can't because that image is not free. :)

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What happened to their faces hahaha :D :D:D 

How come Wei Qing turned from a woman to a man ? I am pretty sure he was male though, but the sword-woman is prettier as a thumbnail :D 

Just now, Yekaterina said:

How come Wei Qing turned from a woman to a man ? I am pretty sure he was male though, but the sword-woman is prettier as a thumbnail :D 

Was also a breach of copyright :)

• Like 1

@Stan` Can you use your art skills to draw the thumbnails? I can give you some pictures of modern actors playing these historical characters as a reference:

Han Xin:

Political ability of Han Xin after all how? These 3 bagatelle can see -  粉丝服务(fensifuwu.com)

Liu Bang:

刘邦怎么死的_揭秘刘邦死因真相_找历史网

Wei Qing:

http://5b0988e595225.cdn.sohucs.com/images/20190119/9f72141ce1174dcd81779fe8af6eb1f3.jpeg

http://5b0988e595225.cdn.sohucs.com/images/20190119/9f72141ce1174dcd81779fe8af6eb1f3.jpeg

Wei qing:

历史上卫青的评价怎么样?为什么卫青在历史上的评价不高? - 历史趣闻网

No problem stan, we could use the models you made.

To be honest the looks of the heroes are not important because nobody knows what they actually look like. The important bit is their auras and balancing. 

1 minute ago, Yekaterina said:

No problem stan, we could use the models you made.

To be honest the looks of the heroes are not important because nobody knows what they actually look like. The important bit is their auras and balancing. 

Again, not in my skillset :P But it's now in yours, so make me proud.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

what about this composition?

the cheekbones should be wider.

I might try that later. Did you make that drawing?

Meanwhile, here is a version of Liu Bang.

hero_liu_bang.png

• Like 1
1 minute ago, m7600 said:

I might try that later. Did you make that drawing?

Meanwhile, here is a version of Liu Bang.

hero_liu_bang.png

I think that one is fine.
maybe see what kind of clothes fit him best.