• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is the dream real? cc @leitoso

For some time now I've been wanting to make a spec mod. Currently the 'chrome', 'dashboard' or whatever the overlay is named provides little insight to what the player is doing. This is true for both

Well, quick and dirty it is then:     The sharpness of the text leaves to be desired, I wonder if there's a way to improve it.

Posted Images

Ok, ranks implemented, unfortunately it's getting a bit crumpled on the small image:

Now, this warning I've been having for a while, no idea why it happens. My layout might be messing something up that the renderer does not like:

`ERROR: CRenderer::EndFrame: GL errors GL_INVALID_VALUE (0501) occurred`

It does not hinder the functionality or visual, but definitely something that requires being addressed before release.

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 02-53-30.png

prodmod.pyromod

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, wraitii said:

I think for techs and such, it might be because they're using a Map() object which doesn't print much when printing it?

researchedTechs, which is the one I need to use is a Set and is coming off as empty

7 hours ago, go2die said:

maybe to be able to select position would be cool. On my case it just got into minimap :)

Did u make the window smaller? What is your resolution?

2 hours ago, badosu said:

researchedTechs, which is the one I need to use is a Set and is coming off as empty

Did u make the window smaller? What is your resolution?

1280x1024

Unfortunately can't do much in that case, except for lowering the vertical distance between rows.

Otherwise it would overlap with the hero and chat notification panels.

Posted (edited)

Hopefully one of the last updates before release:

- Fix opengl error by assigning size to the main container
- Group buildings on production view
- Hide rows when player is inactive (due to resigning)

prodmod.pyromod

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1

Somewhat big update:

- Optionally show player names and pops
- Unit tooltips bring stats
- Major refactoring

New settings:

prodmod.showNames = "true" // if shows player names at start
hotkey.prodmod.toggleShowNames = "Space+Tab" // self evident
Spoiler

1468070498_Screenshotfrom2020-07-3007-29-05.png.710ea70b5d11b761607ca88bfd5b5353.png

1366141215_Screenshotfrom2020-07-3007-28-45.png.43755286b4d4ffac9dde0c5665419422.png

prodmod.pyromod

It's a very nice mod. Last feature allows even to measure gathered resources per sec. I like that.
Would be nice if implemented in next alpha release, as well as your balanced maps bundled into regular 0ad version (out of the box).
Thanks a lot @badosu for significant contribution into 0ad polishing and tuning up!

• Thanks 1

Well, I was gonna wait a while and polish it up. But I am undecided on how to fix colors and etc and want some feedback.

This version adds the civ emblem inside the indicator, this is not only useful to show the civ and team but also adds some area to the indicator for hover when showNames is false.

prodmod.pyromod

On 7/31/2020 at 9:59 PM, snelius said:

It's a very nice mod. Last feature allows even to measure gathered resources per sec. I like that.
Would be nice if implemented in next alpha release, as well as your balanced maps bundled into regular 0ad version (out of the box).
Thanks a lot @badosu for significant contribution into 0ad polishing and tuning up!

42 minutes ago, badosu said:

Well, I was gonna wait a while and polish it up. But I am undecided on how to fix colors and etc and want some feedback.

This version adds the civ emblem inside the indicator, this is not only useful to show the civ and team but also adds some area to the indicator for hover when showNames is false.

prodmod.pyromod 21.86 kB · 1 download

@Stan` @wraitii @Itms patches are welcome at  https://code.wildfiregames.com/differential/diff/create/

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

No substantial changes, just a bunch of fixes that I don't remember and renaming from specmod,prodmod -> monitor.

I recommend removing the specmod folder from your mods folder before installation. If that's not possible, make specmod disabled.

A reminder these are development versions, only install them if you know what you are doing. Official releases will be supported, but these ones are for sharing and receiving feedback from power users.

monitor.pyromod

Edited by badosu
Posted (edited)

New development version:

- Allow user to configure position of monitor on screen. Right click and drag 'Overview' (e.g. Production Overview etc) button to move monitor on screen.

New configuration options (x and y set from top to bottom, left to right, e.g. 0, 0 is top left):

monitor.pos.x = <anumber>
monitor.pos.y = <anumber>

- Show player phase as first item

monitor.zip

Edited by badosu
  • Like 2

A few comments after a short test:

* strange behaviour of space + [q,w,e] -> maybe just use to switch between modes (tabs?) instead.

* bogus spilt of modes: production mixes units and buildings, while units have their own mode buildings/structures do not. Finally tech mixes available and in progress. -> maybe have modes units, structures, and techs and all with the current techs behaviour.

* gain per sec stats are to "jumpy" -> maybe replace function or make it configurable.

* gain per sec stats also ignore loot.

* KD -> maybe reverse order of actual KD and calculation thereof, seems more natural.

* KD values in parenthesis only sometimes match with Res. Killed/Res. Lost -> bug? / other meaning, why duplication if not.

Anyway, overall a useful and visually pleasing mod, so thanks for your work.