===[COMMITTED]=== Hellenic Helmets

Alexandermb

25 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

@Lion.Kanzen en que unidades podria asignar los yelmos áticos?
---------------------------------------------Non-Taco-Language----------------------------------------------------------

Wich units should use the attic helmet?

Carthaginian uses a lot, even uses Italic.(because the loot of their battles). Melee warriors with heavy armor.

image.jpeg.61a9afcf66cfc900b024c9d24c380a69.jpegImagen relacionadaimage.jpeg.70ae1b8c877d77a1e0988379f3ccd636.jpeg

Resultado de imagen para tomb lyconos

Imagen relacionada

I'm not sure which is the cavalry helmet here. But all are considered mainly a kind of Thracian.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Among Carthaginian citizen troops, the Thracian helmet was the preeminent style. The elegant bronze helmet was often painted, usually with a black band across the front of the helmet, above the eyes. Crests made of horsehair were commonplace, adding to the contrasting colors of the Carthaginian panoply. Heavy infantry were especially attracted to the Thracian, being a large, heavy helmet with good protection for the head, neck, and face but affording a considerable field of vision to the wearer.

About this.

Resultado de imagen para carthaginian cavalry

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Note: Feathers/Hair/Randomized Crest, haven't been applied yet because i wan't to check wich hair texture from the game looks better and find a way of make it generic and work for all helmets before starting to make the same version of the hair over and over.

If someone wants to make a hair 256x128 texture both for short and long haired versions with higher quality than the ones we already have feel free, from the helmets i don't like the hair we have ingame for them.

Also, it would be better if we have a new actor material working like basic_player_trans_parallax_spec using as texture all the faction colors (1 texture per faction color) and make the actor choose the texture based on the player color, this way we could use 2015+ hair texture alpha like the ones in the horse manes and tails.

ie:

• variant name="Player1"
  • texture: "Blue"

Just in case we want to go for a better helmet hair quality.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Two variants of the carthaginian infantry helmet (1 rebaked and renamed)

Hide contents

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

@wackyserious any chainmail can be recicled for this infantry?

I have planned to re-use the new Roman chain mail on them but reconsidered due to the issue with skin tone, North African has to be tanned and I might use long sleeved tunics for them too