===[TASK]=== Bear

Stan`

This is the one you were concerned about (still working on it), i have to tweak the mouth its seems that it opened to much for this body compared to the one i used yesterday.

image.png.494418cc89ddbf7974758303d47e14b0.pngimage.png.8088262d20a551dbc4af700a209678fa.png

And made the mouth a bit less large and more curved since it only have -500 triangles and this is not an animal i think it will be spawned a lot in a map of 0 AD

image.png.e7a5a36f36d6057c7fae591149161c59.png

Edited by Alexandermb
  • Like 1

Hey ! Had some time to review.

The death animation is okay. The rest though... is not so good.

The way the body distorts is weird.
Attack A & B do not seem natural at all...

The sitting Idle is okay. The other have weird distorsions
The running animation is close to being okay, it only needs a more cohesive movement.

Walk anim looks fine.

@Sundiata @wowgetoffyourcellphone Can I have some more feedback from the game ready files ?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Hey ! Had some time to review.

The death animation is okay. The rest though... is not so good.

The way the body distorts is weird.
Attack A & B do not seem natural at all...

The sitting Idle is okay. The other have weird distorsions
The running animation is close to being okay, it only needs a more cohesive movement.

Walk anim looks fine.

@Sundiata @wowgetoffyourcellphone Can I have some more feedback from the game ready files ?

by distortions what exactly you mean for have an idea where to start fixing and yes, the attack indeed looks unnatural but i couldn't imagine a way for attack to fits 0 AD yet they were mostly for see if it is a good way to start for the public opinion

The ones i realy have my concern are "attack" and run.

Btw found the distortions on the paws you said, those were the IK rotation bones i added them after make the idles, they are like the knee Bone in the Biped armature. but for the belly that one is a bone i add on the animals for simulate the breathing, the biped armature uses a rotation in the Y axis as a breath, but for animals i use scale in X axis by the belly.

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 9:33 AM, Enrique said:

While I understand your point of view, the nature of an open source project entails the disposal of old assets/works in favor of new/improved ones everywhere within the project. Specially for projects that have been so long in development.

Not only in art with models/textures, but also in the code area (see old pathfinder vs new, aegis ai vs petra ai, etc)

There are also different reasons that hurt more than others, i.e. the disposal of the hanging gardens wonder in favor of the gate of all nations because it's more historically accurate and suited for the timeframe of the game, versus the reasons of better topology for animation that this particular case case is based on.

When I added the bear to the tasks that had to be done (or redone in this case) was mainly because of the poor topology the current mesh has and I could see problems arising with the animation phase due to its topology.

Stan's mesh is an improvement from the old mesh in the form of the head and texture, but the topology problems remains since it's so heavily based on the old mesh. Here's the mesh comparision:

post-13528-0-09545300-1448206038_thumb.j

I hope you understand that replacing old work with new/improved stuff is not a matter of annoying/disrespect to the author, but for the improvement of the project itself.

Wasn't a fight exactly was difference of ideas. @stanislas69 I have bad memories for this things.

• 4 months later...