Jump to content

===[COMMITTED]=== Rabbit Animations


Recommended Posts

Commited.

I had to fix a bunch of stuff from anims to the skeleton itself because it had custom properties that completely destroyed the anim on export as the skeleton reverted back to the dear one.
I changed the texture, and made two variation of the rabbit, one normal and one fatter.

screenshot0163.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Love this... Is there a hare in game? They were more widely spread at the time.

Unfortunately there are no hares yet, although they lived all over Eurasia (and still do). Rabbits were historically limited to the Iberian peninsula and did not emerge beyond the Pyrenees until Late Antiquity and the Early Medieval Period. (Also, rabbits were considered pests, not food, as were mice and rats; hares, on the other hand, were considered food and were hunted and eaten.)

0 A.D., as with many other things, flatly contradicts historic reality and includes rabbits in India maps.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Love this... Is there a hare in game? They were more widely spread at the time.

If their anims are similar to rabbits @Alexandermb or myself can probably add some to the game as well.

Quote

0 A.D., as with many other things, flatly contradicts historic reality and includes rabbits in India maps.

Sounds like ticket material

9 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Unfortunately there are no hares yet, although they lived all over Eurasia (and still do). Rabbits were historically limited to the Iberian peninsula and did not emerge beyond the Pyrenees until Late Antiquity and the Early Medieval Period. (Also, rabbits were considered pests, not food, as were mice and rats; hares, on the other hand, were considered food and were hunted and eaten.)

Interesting. In the current situation though I was mainly improving the current models, not adding new stuff. I wish I had that much time on my hands. Maybe in february.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

If their anims are similar to rabbits @Alexandermb or myself can probably add some to the game as well.

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

For how small these are, you could literally make a Hare template and just use the rabbit actor for now until the hare model is done. 

Both hares and rabbits are rodents with long ears, but other than that, they're are quite different, simply reusing actors seems like a very bad idea.

10 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Sounds like ticket material

Until many more animals are created, most people will probably prefer alien species to no fauna; only a tiny minority (myself included) cares about historic realism.

10 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Interesting. In the current situation though I was mainly improving the current models, not adding new stuff. I wish I had that much time on my hands. Maybe in february.

Fauna have a low priority, and rightly so. I've posted a list of animals which I think ought to be available in the long run at https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22944-domesticated-animals-livestock-and-other-fauna/

However, I certainly do not really expect anyone to start creating them. (Biodiversity would be a great way to distinguish 0 A.D. from commercial games such as AoK, though. Besides, animal actors could be used in any mod for any period in human history.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nescio It was not an actor switch I found a way to transfer armatures to new models so if I have the new mesh I could reuse animation.

Fauna is not low priority it's just that we are out of hand. If you pay attention to the forums. You'll see there are a lot of models without anims. The fox blend file is in the repo I need to check what's left.

I'll have a look at your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stanislas69 said:

Fauna is not low priority it's just that we are out of hand.

It's not a complaint. I fully understand the team is very small and has limited time. Also, I greatly admire the content created in the past few months. My point is merely that if the choice is between creating a siege workshop or a hare, it makes perfect sense to put give fauna a lower priority. Also, quality matters as well, and it's probably better to improve existing, frequently used actors than to create dozens of "temporary" placeholders.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...