===[COMMITTED]=== Iberian Wonder: Cancho Roano

LordGood

It is :) But not your blender. You have to split the mesh like enrique said here

(stretching) All the roofs and ramps of the CC, and you can see it clearly in the floor of the bridge, and a little in the corral roof.

This is what is causing the weird shading of the roofs:

attachicon.gifweird smooth shading.jpg

Notice how the roof gets darker towards the edge in the right example? this is even more visible when using normal mapping.

I think a sharp corner at the end of the roof make them look better: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/uploads//monthly_07_2014/msg-13528-0-51833300-1405613717.jpg

You can also bevel that edge corner, but that creates more gometry, so it's up to you.

Why would the curved roof would be inside? The architectuur didn't think when it rains the whole inner court would be flooded:D

And i think it also looks nicer and realisticer if it curved to the outside. Or make the roof look like the inner buildings roof "same style" that would be even better.

Now i see the high ress screenshot i really dont like the roof it looks really wierd and dont fit the style if you ask me.

I'm a little bit uncomfortable with the roof on the parts where the lateral walls are extended to the front, where the roof makes a "T" shape. Maybe those parts could be a little bit taller or shorter in height, so the roof is not on the same plan as the main roof. This is just because the intersation of the tiles textures look weird to me, but it's not a big deal.

And maybe the building could look a bit more majestic. It is supposed to be a wonder, with alleged religious and military purposes, and from the picture it looks a bit like a giant granary.

Apart from that the building is good, and suits the iberians perfectly.

Edited by serveurix
  • Like 1

In fact, the glitch was still there when I took the screenshot (so flat shading didn't fix the issue for me at least, can someone confirm?) but I made sure it wasn't visible.

In fact, the glitch was still there when I took the screenshot (so flat shading didn't fix the issue for me at least, can someone confirm?) but I made sure it wasn't visible.

• 1 year later...
On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2014 at 9:34 PM, serveurix said:

And maybe the building could look a bit more majestic. It is supposed to be a wonder, with alleged religious and military purposes, and from the picture it looks a bit like a giant granary.

I agree. I have 2 ideas for that.

a) Change any wall color. Archeologists found traces of red Paint on the walls. It would enhance the importance of that building.

b)Include the Deep moat filled with wáter that surrounds the building.

Some pictures:

Art%20Arq%20%20VI-V%20Reconstruccion%20ideal%20de%20Rancho%20Roano%20Badajoz%20Espana.gif

iberian wall paintings.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Due to engine limitations doing the moat would be complex. For the red wall, the textures used are the main textures for the whole civ. So it would have mean having a special texture only for the wonder.

He is right in AOE II the Wonder have their own textures and is separate from whole civ. Buildings set.

6 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Due to engine limitations doing the moat would be complex. For the red wall, the textures used are the main textures for the whole civ. So it would have mean having a special texture only for the wonder.

Does this mean that implementing ditch and trench structures are also complicated because of the engine limitations?

A moat would either make the footprint way too big or the building too small, the issue with any "terraforming" is that it doesn't always fit the terrain its placed in.

besides, that pool of a moat around the hanging gardens wouldn't really fit the Iberian's aesthetic. Colored plaster would probably be the best option here

• 3 years later...

Buenos días/tardes

La actual maravilla para los íberos "Cancho Roano" realmente pertenece a la cultura Tartessos e intentar hacer que la actual civilización de los íberos represente a todas las diversas culturas de la Península ibérica es un ERROR HISTÓRICO grande , e pensado que la maravilla puede ser sustituida por un palacio;

Boceto nueva maravilla íbera ;

(vista frontal)

678878030_maravillaberasdecorada.png.22d9b8836f9e0e6cad592ffeebe630af.png

(vista trasera)

932970454_maravillaberasdecorada2plano.png.4d82699d7a3a690db1f2da6cfec64e00.png

Intenté darle unas texturas similares a las actuales del juego , pero no se si está muy logrado (por eso no le puse detalles , hasta no tener certeza de que este proyecto es viable) , me inspiré en las ruinas de un palacio íbero de Andalucía (España) pero me tomé algunas libertades a la hora de crear el boceto por la falta de información suficiente , en lo general es históricamente correcto ya que los aristócratas íberos acostumbraban a construir sus viviendas suntuosas y esto no es un caso aislado arqueológico.

Referencias;

1694724272_palacioberodepuentetablas(vistafrontal).png.05bcb3918f64480246fecbbd76ce773b.png

1461683018_palacioberojan2plano.png.175f97ecb03237d14e3c90445102f21c.png

294674585_palacioberodepuentetablasruinasyplantadeedificio.png.de9da5afd07ae7d9278fc18c1762d3f8.png

1826300125_palacioberojaeninterior.png.acb747ca0638679fe8d13f7d91cf6b99.png

525628526_ruinaspalaciopuentetablasconsuspartesdiferenciadas.png.9baefc24787aa51cd9a18a86a86eae82.png

Disculpen las molestias*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have made another thread with Iberians, I have put something that could be useful as a wonder, a fort that used the greatest Iberian technology of the time, unique fertility rituals in that area and all the defense measures that were never used, because it is about of an exceptional historical and monumental complex, unique in our Spain

From here the people of the ilergetes were born, who had Indíbil and Mandonio as main

Recreacio-1.jpg

Recreacio-2.jpg

Recreacio-3.jpg

14870126602693.jpg

Fortalesa-1.jpg

tatessos--644x362.jpg

Iberia_300BC-es.jpg

Vilars de Arbeca - Google Maps - Google Chrome 20_01_2021 22_13_11.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1