AoEII HD

I bought the game way back in 1999. And the disks are all damaged beyond repair... So, now that I think about it, it may be worth it for me to pick it up, if only for inspiration. AOK is pretty much the reason 0 A.D. even exists. I should have it installed and playable. :)

I didn't buy it back in 1999, I didn't even have a computer back in 1999, and I actually owned Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds before I ever owned Age of Empires, so my disks still work just fine, but I can see why this could be attractive, just not for me, since I would rather have a good singleplayer game then be tied to a third-party service just for multiplayer.

Those guys were annoying, all they did was talk about Steam like they were advertising it, so I didn't even watch all of it.

Where does that gorgeous trebuchet come from ?

Iirc it was available with the collectors edition for AoK or something like that. (Or maybe just produced in a small amount of copies as a prototype for potential inclusion in e.g. a collectors edition, my memory is a bit foggy on the details =) )

Iirc it was available with the collectors edition for AoK or something like that. (Or maybe just produced in a small amount of copies as a prototype for potential inclusion in e.g. a collectors edition, my memory is a bit foggy on the details =) )

They were produced in limited numbers for inclusion in the collectors edition, but they didn't pass U.S. toy regulations, so they never shipped with the game. Only a few of the developers from Ensemble Studios have them, iirc. IMHO, they would make for an excellent collector's item and could potentially be worth a decent amount of money to a collector.

None that I know of. Reddit hasn't really gotten around to know about 0 A.D. yet. Which is in my opinion both a shame and a chance, since it would probably be pretty successful there, but then we can wait until the game is actually ready for advertising there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All I have to say guys is that finally I can play with my friends against other people, without too much problem.

However, they should never release a version so full of bugs, and they should give the people that still has a valid AoK edition a download for free. (I dont have one still, so doesnt matter to me).

I do however find it very very pleasing that there are someone actually working on patches and maybe in future they will add new and exciting features. And yes, i know mods do that, but remember that this new version also comes with (as far as i know) a lot of new modding tools.

So dear Microsoft, i dont like you in general, but this was a great idea in my opinion, even though you could be nicer to people already owning the game (considering you didnt really add anything except steamsupport).

Cheers

Ludovic Celle. The memes can be: I can garrison 10 elephant but not 11 archers.

A villager survive, rebuild the Empire.

The wild predator follow you for whole continent.

Hit to the ground Castle rises.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/edfeafd71a7057563f87f4b58b2a1aee/tumblr_mg26kfeE4U1rdai0ro1_500.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late to this but I enjoyed it and I hope it does well.

The RTS genre has been suffering for quite a while so it desperately needs a boost. I'd only been playing the odd game of League of Legends up until the AoE II HD release.

I can't say it's blown me out of the water since I always preferred the original AoE but it's a nice enough distraction.

I haven't explored 0AD since the early Alpha that was barely playable. Real life can really squeeze almost all your gaming time. Hopefully over the next month or two if it's available, I'll try it out again.

Although it's 19.99 for basically nothing (I can barely see the difference on a 1920x1080 screen) graphics wise - it revives the multiplayer.

Edited by Silver

• 2 years later...

Sorry for reviving this topic but I noticed that AoK II: HD is now on sale in the steam store. Today it'll cost you €3,44 with The Forgotten Empires included (thought it worth sharing since it's a way more reasonable price than €20+TFE costs)

• Like 1

If somebody already doesn't know, there's a new expansion for Age of empires 2 HD. In a recent interview, one microsoft guy had said that's called African Kingdoms (the theme was already know), and will feature Berbers (with camel archers) Mali, and probably Portugal (it's shown a white king on the front). In the interview there's also a imatge of a new AoM expansion. The post where i found the info said that the civs that are probably in are the celts, chinese and some mesopotamian civ (probably babylon or persia)

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1067222

BTW, the announcement that I'm eager to hear are 0 ad going Beta ;)(and a aoe1 remake that I know that it will be done someday)

Edited by av93
  • Like 3

Sorry for reviving this topic but I noticed that AoK II: HD is now on sale in the steam store. Today it'll cost you €3,44 with The Forgotten Empires included (thought it worth sharing since it's a way more reasonable price than €20+TFE costs)

26 $ for me AOF included 34 $ D:

• 3 weeks later...

I pirate games occasionally (I really only play a few select games for years on end tho, my oldest fave is from 98) now that I can't rent them to see if they're worth getting, sadly none of them have been worth getting. GTA 4 was only fun for the parts where I'd drive niko into a rail at high speed to see him go flying out the window. Much like Skyrim, nearly everyone you'd really really like to kill is immortal. Oh and I'll do it if I find out that the game I just bought can only be installed on one of my systems so in order to put it on the lappy I'd have to buy another copy and that's just a rip off. Tho I'm toying with the idea of making a portable linux system with windows installed virtually so I can do W/E and not worry about it any more.

Edited by chaosislife13