0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is a bit embarrassing but that is new to me (my excuse: never heard anyone talking about the game - never watched Youtube with sound on). I actually though "null A D" was the game's proper name. Would you refer to it as "zero A D" instead?

(don't want to start flame wars but to me Null-A-D is shorter and flows much better (at least in German :) )

1 hour ago, Grautvornix said:

Would you refer to it as "zero A D" instead?

Yeah, that's the only way I've heard it up to now. Dunno if it's spelt out somewhere "officially".

Wouldn't be surprised if it flows better for a lot of people in their native language.

17 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Dunno if it's spelt out somewhere "officially".

https://play0ad.com/game-info/project-overview/

0 A.D. (pronounced “zero-ey-dee”) is a free, open-source, historical Real Time Strategy (RTS) game currently under development by Wildfire Games, a global group of volunteer game developers. As the leader of an ancient civilization, you must gather the resources you need to raise a military force and dominate your enemies.

But I like the German "Null 0 A.D." better too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grautvornix said:

Noooo! I did not intend to start a discussion about the name of the game! There are really more important things to address - "Zero A D" is fully ok!

(apologies for bringing this up)

It would be good to open a debate on this topic.

Names almost like a person's personal name is something that in a way defines him or her.