0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

@zxphxri am also trying hard to use corral at the time, with mediocre results, as can be seen on the food res... :D

remark that you were fighting my army at my temple and in the range of 3 towers, fortress and CC in the end and that this was the spot in which i wanted to fight. at the moment i am trying to figure out ways to build defensive bases against rushes. probably expands the building phase for the town too long.

happy and surprised because me=not an experienced player at all, and it would have been so sad to lose 2vs1. plus, we did not attack you to win, which felt kind of weird

you gave us a hard time nonetheless, your food eco is running better (for reasons stated in the video, among others); GG :)

Edited by sternstaub
  • Like 2

Dreamliner (1092) & @BeTe (1243) face off on the very interesting Magadha map, sprawling w fauna which offers the opportunity to run ones food eco off of hunting alone until very far into the game but also presents the very real threat of stalking predators picking off less-armored units

also check oute Bete's 0ad vids: https://youtu.be/INIX9xxCtvo

commands.txt

• Like 3

16 hours ago, zxphxr said:

Dreamliner (1092) & @BeTe (1243) face off on the very interesting Magadha map, sprawling w fauna which offers the opportunity to run ones food eco off of hunting alone until very far into the game but also presents the very real threat of stalking predators picking off less-armored units

also check oute Bete's 0ad vids: https://youtu.be/INIX9xxCtvo

commands.txt 616 kB · 0 downloads

Rhino Reveal(tm) at the end had me in stitches :LOL:

8 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

To calculate the lag it is important to know the map, the number of players, the number of units, maximum population capacity per player, map size.

1 spec. Standard 1v1 settings, 250 pop, Aegean biome (the best for performance for me)....

@MarcusAureliu#s  somehow you play like A23 and you make it look like A23 with the loose formations :D:D 

My piece of advice is, when you are fighting, supply from the barracks one at a time, don't do batches of 4 spearman. You were floating 4000 wood so just build 8 more barracks / stables and you will have a endless reinforcement. 

Also you should keep your main army together, then overwhelm noobdude and weirdjokes with numbers. Miners are enough to defend rushings at base. 

Melee upgrades are important, don't ignore them. Especially when you are fighting against Khosrov champ spear cav.

• Thanks 1

@MarcusAureliu#s Subscribed too. Looking forward to new content! :D 

But man, this lags so much. FPS drops to below 10 at some moments. Why is that?

Did you try to turn off all graphic effects? I think it helped me. Also less overwhelmed biomes work better, too.

---
Btw, how you guys can play like that? :S

Edited by BeTe

10 minutes ago, BeTe said:

@MarcusAureliu#s Subscribed too. Looking forward to new content! :D 

But man, this lags so much. FPS drops to below 10 at some moments. Why is that?

Did you try to turn off all graphic effects? I think it helped me. Also less overwhelmed biomes work better, too.

---
Btw, how you guys can play like that? :S

I tried to reduce settings to a minimum, but still during heavy fights there are often massive drops.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, MarcusAureliu#s said:

I fixed the format and tried some english commentary

Good video! Nice commentary.

I kept telling DoctorOrgans to go to the other side, as I was confident that I could hold Cesar + H.Herle alone, given the camel rush which weakened H.Herle more than it did me. I made 12 spear cavalry which terminated his camels eventually. Cesar's turtling tactics would stop my advances on this side but his investments in garrisoning buildings suggests that his attacks would be easy for me to defend against.

However, DoctorOrgans refused to go to the other side and instead kept yelling at me "U MAKE RAMS". After the game, his justification was "no point in helping noobs, they will die anyways". Rams would not hurt Cesar because he was  turtling with swordsman inside towers and fortresses; the only way to siege him is catapults. On the other hand, Decger and Juarca's wounded army would not have survive DoctorOrgans' 141 prime specimen Spartan infantry, if he had arrived in good position. 

It was unfortunate that I had absolutely no hunt or extra anything; the back woodline was initially out of sight and out of reach in village phase, which forced me to risk a forward woodline.

Sad game but very entertaining video!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

Punished for not-turtling... :P Cavs are even nerfed in community-mod, right?

Anyways, nice to watch active POV like that...

Also you can put 0 A.D. Empires Ascendant for Youtube Game option, but you must type "Empires Asc..." in Search. If you try to search by "0 a.d..." or something like that it will not work. 

• Thanks 1