Alpha 27 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

22 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

I think placement in this case was fine. It's just that that chicken was strolling in 'n out that corner of the CC.

I've noticed things like this too, like builders walking through a house after building it. I think if an object is spawned within an obstruction, it then ignores that obstruction for the duration or until it can exit again. It's an odd bug that's kind of an outlier. 

0ad-nocc4u.jpg.d6d800b5ebe74dd53fa81dbab089cbdd.jpg

I once again want to mention that I'm very unhappy with the game using different numbers from what is shown to the player. Everything looks like I can build a CC, but when I press the button nothing happens. I didn't even get an error message, which I believe was the case previously.

I had to get another metal to build, it's a rounding thing and a fringe case. Still I think it's fundamentally wrong that the numbers and the button make it seem like I can build that structure when in fact I can't. And it's still baffling to me that parts of the game think I can build it (as shown by the normal appearance of the button), while other parts decide I cannot (as evidenced by pressing said button).

It would be better if the button was greyed/redded out and told me what the problem is, but ideally there wouldn't be different interpretations of 187.

savegame-1459.0adsave

• Like 1