Alpha 27 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

30 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Although I don't think that is the entire cause of the bug.

Yeah, there's definitely something off. I guess something in their "AI" keeps them untouchable until something is to their satisfaction; what I find especially bewildering is that it's not consistent with interaction overall, since - as stated - my unit can enter it.

I believe this problem was introduced somewhere along the way. Don't think repairing them was that @#$%le in earlier versions, ships even moved towards units ordered to repair.

48 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Yeah, there's definitely something off. I guess something in their "AI" keeps them untouchable until something is to their satisfaction; what I find especially bewildering is that it's not consistent with interaction overall, since - as stated - my unit can enter it.

I believe this problem was introduced somewhere along the way. Don't think repairing them was that @#$%le in earlier versions, ships even moved towards units ordered to repair.

Maybe it is related to upload units on the coast from the boat and they did not take into account testing to repair it.

In other words, maybe they have changed some parameter on the Pathfinder or on the boat.(Obstruction?)

7 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Maybe it is related to upload units on the coast from the boat and they did not take into account testing to repair it.

I don't know about that. Originally that guy was on land before I tried repairing, then boarding, then repairing again.

(Later in that game a ship spat out two elite soldiers to an invalid spot on land where they were stuck without a chance to get them off it...)

0ad-father-kurus.jpg.a2f1a85c9362b899d5964762fcbced0e.jpg

I wish "children" would inherit orders. If, for example, father Kurus gives birth to Immortals while he is capturing something or (attack) moving somewhere, I wish they would join in right away. Sure, it's also great if they poke at fields until I give them a more reasonable order, but...

I like that labor/training pauses if he's at sea/in a ship. I wondered what the fate of the immortals would be if spawning and sailing coincided.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

0ad-father-kurus.jpg.a2f1a85c9362b899d5964762fcbced0e.jpg

I wish "children" would inherit orders. If, for example, father Kurus gives birth to Immortals while he is capturing something or (attack) moving somewhere, I wish they would join in right away. Sure, it's also great if they poke at fields until I give them a more reasonable order, but...

I like that labor/training pauses if he's at sea/in a ship. I wondered what the fate of the immortals would be if spawning and sailing coincided.

Nice pic.

But I don't understand the context.

3 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Kurus followed an order I gave him; he finished training the Immortals while doing so. When the Immortals spawned they did some useless stupid BS (poking at fields) instead of doing the same thing as Kurus. Is it clear now?

Quite clearly, your proposal would be interesting, logically it should work that way.

• Like 2