Problems with shared and smurf accounts, and rating inaccuracies (Title was "What?")

vinme

4 minutes ago, vinme said:

even you, are calling him "berhudar" not "felixix" ie "if any of BERHUDARS accounts".

berhudar is not one person but many people sharing the account. Even I know the password. Same applies to felixix and many such accounts which you associalte with "berhudar"

46 minutes ago, vinme said:

Its not anybodys responsibility to be nice.
I was perfectly respectful and reasonable, that is all that is required. 
I do find it insulting to demand of me or of anyone active expression of friendliness or prioritization of someones potential feelings. insinutating its a transgression not to so do, and i do find people who do so not respectable. 

whose responsibility is it? not starting flames or spreading toxicity is something expexted from all lobby participants.

anyway, mine was just a suggestion, I'm not saying you crossed any line.

username

human users

berhudar

B, K, N

felixix

B, N, +?

JayCay

B, K, N?

Hakan-BEY

B, N?

Catherine

B, K

Abdulhamid-Han

B?, N?

no-pain-no-gain

B, N

eae

B, K, N, +?

Yekaterina

K, B, S, M?, +?

Christoffel-Symbols

K, B, S, +?

Sevda

K, B, R, C, +

Hot-Chocolate

K, C, +

Helicity

K, M

Yulduz

K, M

Yekaterina_MKII

K, M, +?

Rosenthal

K, M, +?

hamdich

H, K, +?

Brotherr

H, K

Hilal

B?, N?, K, +?

account pool = a list of usernames and their corresponding passwords being shared between 2 or more biological humans 

Each letter represents a different human. Question mark means we are not certain, but we think it happened. + means we think more have used it but we are unsure who that is or exactly how many more people have used it.

13 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

berhudar is not one person but many people sharing the account. Even I know the password. Same applies to felixix and many such accounts which you associalte with "berhudar"

Completely and utterly irrelevant whether the creator of the account shares the password and whether others play on it on occasion.
Fact of the matter is he heavily played with that account, acrued points/wins on that account against other players, got rating.
The name is directly linked to a person, as its been established and is now commonly known forawhile.

2200 is just a number. Try to draw the rating distribution and you will see that it looks like everything except the Gaussian it should be.

We can discuss its theoretical benefits but a basic and quick check of all players rated between 1500 and 1700 cancel all of them.

Right now they are so many exceptions in ratings that you cannot find any threshold for beginner/med/pro/legends.

It's pure non sens to give any number when joining TG (And we can also debate about any balance based on 1vs1 ratings ?? they are just fully different)

My main problem is not really its inaccuracy if we have all considered 0AD as just a good and fun game.

But the sad reality is that it amplifies/justifies the EGO mess as we see everywhere in the forum

A false but even a good rating system shouldn't allow so much venom.

(for instance see all smurf discussions which should have ended in a day if we have rather cared about politeness and privacy).

Again felixix is active top3 by skills whatever the ratings.

Could we please stop the mess about the account speculations ? I'm always wondering what are the real intends behind? (@Yekaterina ?)

smurf mess then lobby mess via basic XMPP programs., what's next?  Why are we tolerating this behaviors?

When I see @vinmeor @borg- (I precise @borg- is in my active top3) falsy giving one account to Berhudar, I don't understand how far far far lower players could see any little skill nuances between 2200 players...

Stop snooping / speculating /spamming please.

Vinme that felixix you saw could have been me. In which case the felixix would be nub

Lol

42 minutes ago, rm -rf said:

2200 is just a number. Try to draw the rating distribution and you will see that it looks like everything except the Gaussian it should be.

We can discuss its theoretical benefits but a basic and quick check of all players rated between 1500 and 1700 cancel all of them.

Right now they are so many exceptions in ratings that you cannot find any threshold for beginner/med/pro/legends.

It's pure non sens to give any number when joining TG (And we can also debate about any balance based on 1vs1 ratings ?? they are just fully different)

Well said. Although I would expect a kind of Poisson distribution, or double Poisson with 2 peaks.

1 minute ago, rm -rf said:

Could we please stop the mess about the account speculations ? I'm always wondering what are the real intends behind? (@Yekaterina ?)

Not speculation. Facts. People shared their account password or user.cfg with me via WhatsApp and Discord. Then I did the same with my accounts as well. I sent people my passwords as a gesture of friendship. Only my very close friends and trusted ones got to use my most important accounts. 

I'm different to GOAT; these were not gathered by snooping IP but actual first person involvement. People offered me their accounts and passwords but I declined in some cases. I used Catherine because I wanted the name but berhudar made it before me, sad. He kindly shared it with me so why not

But the names in the table are already history. No longer relevant.

I'm just demonstrating to vinme what he has encountered

7 minutes ago, rm -rf said:

lobby mess via basic XMPP programs.,

I made videos teaching people to use xmpp to log into the lobby on their phone so that they can monitor the lobby all the time. I think there isn't anything wrong with that. I have been able to talk to friends in different time zones using android xmpp clients.

If some misuse it, that's another story. But even xmpp users are under heavy monitoring by the moderators and changing name results in instant kick. So I can't see why you mentioned Xmpp

10 minutes ago, rm -rf said:

what's next?

Open source software dominate the world.

Microsoft, Apple and Facebook die

13 minutes ago, rm -rf said:

don't understand how far far far lower players could see any little skill nuances between 2200 players...

At this point, one dude behind berhudar is truly the best. Borg Vali feld and the other felixix is purely up to their luck and biological condition

@Yekaterina you did the same by parsing mainlog for ip. To that, @G.O.A.T is just driven by a clear toxic mindset.

@Yekaterina As you love quick python programs, here is the FIDE chess rating lists https://ratings.fide.com/download_lists.phtml

I think it shouldn't be more difficult to plot the rating distribution, than the 2 others we see in forum and in lobby.

You could also enhance your program to be notified on Lobby rating events if you want to plot the 0AD distribution.

Again what's the point of whole thread? Just mess for no gain.

Edited by rm -rf

3 hours ago, vinme said:

Highest rated account is real one as far as im concerned, AND we, even you, are calling him "berhudar" not "felixix" ie "if any of BERHUDARS accounts".

Funny how do you do when the best player has no rating ? That may be weird but not really currently.

@vinmeGood joke hidden in a middle of a long and useless thread. Very OP!

Edited by rm -rf

34 minutes ago, Grapjas said:

Seek professional mental help, the last 10 posts in this thread you've been literally talking to yourself and the only one you are fooling is you.

Who are you talking to? I see 4 different people talking, you, me , rm-rf, snake. 

I think all of us are off-topic now. Unless vinme has anything more he wants to say, this thread can close. 

You obviously felt spoken to. And you denying it has so much credibility after admitting you create and "share" multiple accounts, both ingame and on the forum. Besides that, all those "K"s in your list of shared accounts aren't yours either right?

Don't mistake this for a witch hunt though, it's just painfully obvious. I was sincere, seek help, because your behavior is not normal. It's manipulative.

I agree this thread should probably be closed, but it's up to the mods.

Edited by Grapjas
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, vinme said:

had* :D

I have*
Brazil has 5 world championships and has not "had" 5 championships.
Records and titles are at present.

When I die or retire you can use "had" :brow:

Edited by borg-
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Grapjas said:

You obviously felt spoken to

yes. I was one of the last 10 posters, so I am included the range of people you are talking to. 

11 minutes ago, Grapjas said:

it's just painfully obvious.

what is obvious? Yes K is me. 

12 minutes ago, Grapjas said:

It's manipulative.

Manipulating what? Be clear. 

You just randomly asserted that the 3 of us need professional mental help, as if we have mental health issues, in a thread that is completely irrelevant to you. So you probably missed some context. Maybe you are the one who needs some help, since you also posted here. 

You don't seem to be aware of who and what has been taking place in the lobby.  My recommendation is you come to the lobby and play some TGs more often. I watched this conversation between vinme and felixix take place yesterday. If you were there, you would have understood better why people are saying seemingly strange things. 

• Haha 1

What i said previously answers all your questions if you had some self-awareness. For example, you joined a discord to go "undercover" to the people that were harassing you, but then later confessed that you share accounts with them and even tried to talk 1 of the most known toxic person back into the game. Who is also part of that discord ofcourse. You're contradicting yourself all over the place. You violate both the lobby and forum rules on purpose, multiple times (and still do e.g. snake) so you can steer and manipulate conversations and get attention from it. I'm not gonna argue with someone in denial, so i'm gonna leave it at that.

Back on topic, wiping leaderboards is probably a good thing indeed every now and then, like seasons.

Edited by Grapjas

41 minutes ago, borg- said:

@Stan` is possible to have the rating reset to a27? I mean, the top 100 is full of inactive players and smurf accounts as well. I think it would be interesting to have this reset every so often.

It's possible @Dunedan actually proposed to do it iirc but I thought that would cause a public outcry.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grapjas said:

so you can steer and manipulate conversations and get attention from it.

You are the one steering the conversation. We were talking about vinme and felixix but you suddenly joined and accused me, rm -rf, snake of needing mental help. Then you steered the conversation off-topic. 

17 minutes ago, Grapjas said:

self-awareness

I know who I am but I can change the way I behave and talk as I want to 

19 minutes ago, Grapjas said:

e.g. snake

?

@Stan`there will be a portion (small I think) that won't like it, but that doesn't seem like a problem to me. If cleaning brings benefits, why not? We would have a current table, clean of inactives and part of the smurfs, it could also encourage high level players like feldfeld and valih to come back to the game.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 2

• Norse_Harold changed the title to Problems with shared and smurf accounts, and rating inaccuracies (Title was "What?")
  • Stan` locked this topic