Problems with shared and smurf accounts, and rating inaccuracies (Title was "What?")

vinme

39 minutes ago, vinme said:

yes i am crying trying to read your posts.

At least we will all agree you love crying and annoying many of us.

Having say that @Stan` could you please close my forum account.

I don't see any value to connect to forum if it's about reading @vinme 's crying posts.

Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, rm -rf said:

Having say that @Stan` could you please close my forum account.

I don't see any value to connect to forum if it's about reading @vinme 's crying posts.

There is no need to close your account because of the posts. The problem is entirely yours: it is up to you to decide what to read. That means you only need some self-awareness without being offended all the time.

I already posted my opinion on smurfing and don't need to repeat extensively. I still think we shoud respect our lobby moderators as volunteers and abide to their no-smurfing rules. This is an argument about decency and I haven't seen a valid counter argument for that.

Also when it comes to decency, can we agree to only post one more inappropriate comment before minding our language? (Only a certain C***** deserves inappropriateness for his arrogance). If people want to, you can count this post as the final inappropriate comment for me.

Or maybe: it would be best to close this toxic tread( after@Stan` gives everyone a good chance to insult each other)

• Haha 1

no @LetswaveaBook its my fault, i should feel ashamed for making him close his account, please dont do it @rm -rf
i mean stan, dont close his account :( i know he cant do it himself, and its standard procedure to randomly ask for account close in a random thread from the moderator, and without closing account its impossible to not visit the forums, so dont close it, please.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, vinme said:

no @LetswaveaBook its my fault, i should feel ashamed for making him close his account, please dont do it @rm -rf
i mean stan, dont close his account :( i know he cant do it himself, and its standard procedure to randomly ask for account close in a random thread from the moderator, and without closing account its impossible to not visit the forums, so dont close it, please.

Sorry to butt in or ignore the situation but why would they close your account. Here on the forum he hasn't done anything too bad.

• Haha 1

• Norse_Harold changed the title to Problems with shared and smurf accounts, and rating inaccuracies (Title was "What?")

@Norse_Harold I recommend just closing this thread. There has been enough personal attacks here and the discussion does not seem to reach anywhere. 

whether rm -rf wants his account removed is up to him, he should PM Stan about it. It's not related to this topic. It's not up to us to comment. 

We can open 2 new clean and focused threads on sharing smurf accounts and ratings inaccuracies respectively. 

This topic is total chaos and its validity has expired. berhudar was back so there is nothing more to discuss. 

Just this afternoon, vinme has talked me into creating yet another smurf identity, so that I can play rated 1v1s with unsuspecting noobs and farm ratings from them, until the rating of the smurf account reaches my true level. He proposed this so that I can measure my rating accurately. In my current account, nobody of my level dares to play 1v1 with me because if they lose, they lose huge amounts of ratings. Then, according to him, I have to play a 1v1 game every month to check up on the ratings... sounds like a chore...

This just shows how messed up the ratings system is. Localratings is better as it immediately starts judging you after the first game you played. If you are cosmic, it's totally obvious. If you are a good smurf, it's also totally obvious. 

Obviously, I didn't listen to him. I'm already too tired to remember and act as a different person all the time just to prove some meaningless numbers. Helicity was already too much for me and I started leaking out clues in the end. 

No matter how well I act, the moderators (defc0n) will always see my IP. Hosts or clients to me will see my IP. VPNs are rubbish on Linux, so gg.

do you expect a rating system to exist that doesnt require you to play rated games to keep accurate? O_O
tgs will never be an accurate descriptor of skill, its effectively impossible to measure.
arbitrary and astronomically biased metric selection is basically astrology.

• Stan` locked this topic